Fewell still wants Fitz

NobesBLO13

Starting Brohm makes no sense. How can he possibly be ready to take the kind of beating he has never ever faced and would be sure to take on Sunday?

Guys here say "Kurt Warner.....Manning....Brees....etc....would be average to nothing behind this O-line", yet they are clamoring for the practice squad guy to give it a whack? Just to see if he's actually a fully formed, battle ready, starting NFL QB----but nobody knew it?

Look at what your beloved Ralph has done to the lot of you.

Guest dog14787
Fitz was 17/25 for 178 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT vs the Pats*.

And in some way, one could actually make the argument Fitz out played Tom Brady (don't know how much water that would hold)

Brady was 11/23 for 115 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.

The Pats offense is a shell of its former self and I really don't see them going deep into the playoffs.

No question he's being tossed into the deep end of the pool, but he put up some decent #'s at Louisville...

link

...and he's going up against the NFL's #30 ranked pass defense.

I expect Brohm will do just fine, and that the o-line and receivers corps will rally around the guy and do everything they can to make things work. Watch the guy have a field day throwing to TO and Evans all afternoon.

I wonder if Fitz has pictures of Fewell cheating on his wife. It's the only reason I can think of why Perry still wants the dud on the field.

This is nothing more than Fewell being selfish. Obviously, his chances of winning improve with a veteran player vs. a guy who has never had an NFL start. Fewell is desperately trying to win to improve his jockeying position for a coaching job somewhere. He doesn't give a damn about player development because he knows he won't be here next year. It is a selfish move on Fewell's part. He should be looking out for the best interest of the Buffalo Bills and that, right now, is developing the young guys and seeing what they can do. Winning is irrelevant at this stage.

Or Brohm is completely unprepared to start.

The guy has sat on a practice squad for a 1.5 years, has been a Bill for 5 weeks (6 now?), and has only been taking snaps with the scout team.

As inept as the offense has looked, it can look worse.

They did mention that he hasn't learned the offense yet. Not sure why since it all fits on a 3-by-5 index card in 24-pt font.

This is nothing more than Fewell being selfish. Obviously, his chances of winning improve with a veteran player vs. a guy who has never had an NFL start. Fewell is desperately trying to win to improve his jockeying position for a coaching job somewhere. He doesn't give a damn about player development because he knows he won't be here next year. It is a selfish move on Fewell's part. He should be looking out for the best interest of the Buffalo Bills and that, right now, is developing the young guys and seeing what they can do. Winning is irrelevant at this stage.

I'm sorry but anyone in his position will do the same damn thing. Besides, what is the point of developing young guys when there will be wholesale changes at the end of the year? Many of these guys that you want developed will likely be dealt or released because the new regime will want "their" guys who will fit their schemes...

I don't blame Fewell one bit for trying to win.

Just had to raise the question: how much confidence does a second-round pick who couldn't make third string and got signed off the practice squad have left to lose?

Good point. His career thus far has been a flop, but he came to Buffalo to get a shot at playing. He's the definition of "taking a flyer" on a player if there ever was one. GB decided he couldn't beat out a 7th rounder, so he's got a lot to prove.

He'd been available for 2+ months for any team, and no one took a chance. I get the impression his game doesn't translate to the NFL, despite his gaudy college stats. The chance of him being the answer at QB is minimal, but what the heck at this point.

They did mention that he hasn't learned the offense yet. Not sure why since it all fits on a 3-by-5 index card in 24-pt font.

I think that was the Trent Edwards offense. IIRC, AVP mentioned being able to run a more complex offense with Fitz.

Ok, ok, so that means the offense now fits on the 3x5 card in 12pt font.

Good point. His career thus far has been a flop, but he came to Buffalo to get a shot at playing. He's the definition of "taking a flyer" on a player if there ever was one. GB decided he couldn't beat out a 7th rounder, so he's got a lot to prove.

He'd been available for 2+ months for any team, and no one took a chance. I get the impression his game doesn't translate to the NFL, despite his gaudy college stats. The chance of him being the answer at QB is minimal, but what the heck at this point.

Assuming he does start, a rational person would not even consider his performance these next two games. However, this is TSW.

Brohm posts numbers similar to Trent, and we are going to have people sitting in corner rubbing one out declaring BB the answer to our prayers ("OMG. If he can perform this well now, just wait until he gets into training camp. The Bills will not have to worry about drafting a QB").

If he tanks, we will have other people screaming he's a bum, and isn't worth wasting any more time on.

I don't think that we have anything that resembled a coherent offensive gameplan all year. Your right, I think this is a product of an inexperienced offensive coordinator being thrust into the position a couple of weeks before the season. This is what you get when you plug in a DC as a first time HC to oversee a first time OC. Poor offensive gameplan. But, exactly what type of offensive gameplan is anyone supposed to have when you are starting practice squad castoffs on the offensive line?

Regardless, you are 100% right that Perry was dealt a rotten hand and is trying to prove himself to the league if not Ralph. Personally, while I would like to see what Brohm is capable of, I don't think we would see that even if he starts Sunday. He has been here a very short period, has virtually no reps in a new system and will be playing behind a swiss cheese o line. I don't see his performance being indicative of his potential or his ability. Perry is staying with the guy that has been in the system all year if he is capable of playing. I think he has been very consistent...

Yep - all teams try to do that.

Good post, start to finish, BZub.

I read in my morning n'paper, that Hamdan was brought back. Good - I hope he gets the start if Fitz can't go. He knows the BUF book far better than Brohm.

Hamden's been a loyal guy, evidently a good teammate - I'd like to see him get a shot. He's been dressed and on the sidelines during many games, watching the action, too. IMO that counts.

That's not the case for PS'ers like Brohm - they don't have their feet on stadium turf.

I expect Brohm will do just fine, and that the o-line and receivers corps will rally around the guy and do everything they can to make things work. Watch the guy have a field day throwing to TO and Evans all afternoon.

Man, those airport cocktail bars can make a guy have strange thoughts. :rolleyes: