Fewell still wants Fitz

NobesBLO13

Brohm not for sure as starter against Atlanta. Fewell is going with Fitz if he is healthy per WGR. The season is over Perry can we at least see if we have a real QB on this roster?

What do you expect? Did anyone seriously think that any coach that Jauron would have brought in and kept would be worth a damn?

Fewell is a moron just like the rest of them.

Brohm not for sure as starter against Atlanta. Fewell is going with Fitz if he is healthy per WGR. The season is over Perry can we at least see if we have a real QB on this roster?

I wonder if Fitz has pictures of Fewell cheating on his wife. It's the only reason I can think of why Perry still wants the dud on the field.

I understand Fewell has been given a bad deck of cards, but the guy has been very unimpressive so far.

Get a plan and stick to it, jesus.

Isn't that precisely what he is doing? :rolleyes:

Right decision or wrong. He decided that Fitz was his guy and he is sticking with him...so really he is doing exactly what you are asking...you just don't agree with it...

So, when he pulled Fitz in favor of Edwards last week, was that him sticking to the game plan?

There are 2 possible reasons for this.

1. Fewell felt the offense was flat (Fitz had just missed a wide open Nelson) and wanted to see if he could get a spark. This is not an uncommon thing to do.

AND/OR

2. Fitz's ankle was bothering him. (I realize he hurt it worse in the subsequent series after trent came in.)

Regardless of his reasoning, he wants to continue to have Fitz start. Yes, I would say this is staying with his game plan....

So, one of two things is happening here:

Fewell is a total boob

--or--

Brohm is one god awful quarterback...

Or Brohm is completely unprepared to start.

The guy has sat on a practice squad for a 1.5 years, has been a Bill for 5 weeks (6 now?), and has only been taking snaps with the scout team.

As inept as the offense has looked, it can look worse.

Or Brohm is completely unprepared to start.

The guy has sat on a practice squad for a 1.5 years, has been a Bill for 5 weeks (6 now?), and has only been taking snaps with the scout team.

As inept as the offense has looked, it can look worse.

That would be true if we were still assuming there was anything even remotely complicated about the Bills offense.

I mean, the old backyard "you go this way, you go that way" could arguably be more effective than what's been going on.

That would be true if we were still assuming there was anything even remotely complicated about the Bills offense.

I mean, the old backyard "you go this way, you go that way" could arguably be more effective than what's been going on.

Yes, if only the Bills offensive plan could utilize a parked car to screen off the defender we might stand a chance to put up some points.

Seriously, Fitz has thrown for what? Under 100 yards per game the last 3? The upside with him running this offense is close to zero. Letting Brohm play would at a minimum give us a reason to watch the game. At least for the 1st quarter....

If there is a concern that if Brohm starts and is an utter failure, it will have some effect on his confidence...

Just had to raise the question: how much confidence does a second-round pick who couldn't make third string and got signed off the practice squad have left to lose?

Fewell's gameplan from the start has been whatever I can do to leave w/ a decent enough record to get a job.

I'm not blaming him for this. And he has had to deal w/ a plethora of injuries on top of his need for W's. So, I'm not claiming its easy to develop a gameplan.

But, I am claiming he doesn't have one. This isn't even about who is the starting QB. Just look at the plays they have been calling. Maybe its all on AVPs shoulders, and I imagine AVP is pretty much running the offense. But, its still Fewell's team. And there has been no coherent offensive gameplan since he took over.

As for last Sunday's game, Fitz's ankle wasn't hurt until after Trent was injured. So that wasn't a reason why he came out. And it is uncommon to take out "your QB" and replace him w/ the QB who you took the starting job away from only a few weeks ago. Not to mention the fact that Trent hadn't played with the 1st team offense in over 2-3 weeks and no player seemed to want him on the field (either for his sake or for their sake, See: Lee Evans' quote).

And this week, we have Fitz on crutches in the locker room and Edwards on the IR. You have sources leaking that Brohm will get the start. And then Fewell says essentially that if Fitz is able to walk on the field by Friday, he might get the ball.

Now, if Fitz happened to be a legitimate starting QB in the NFL I might understand. Or even if the Bills were in semi-competition for the playoff spot. But, neither of those two things are even remotely true. They have about 20 guys on the IR. So yea, it sounds to me like either Fewell doesn't have a gameplan...or at the very least, he is being indecisive. Now, I'm not saying he is in an easy spot. He is in a terrible spot. If there is a concern that if Brohm starts and is an utter failure, it will have some effect on his confidence...I can understand Fewell's concern about putting him into the game. Or if there is a concern that Brohm will be obliterated by the Falcons D. Which is a fair concern as well. But, nothing Fewell has said points to that. In fact, I'm not sure if what Fewell has said points to anything.

I don't think that we have anything that resembled a coherent offensive gameplan all year. Your right, I think this is a product of an inexperienced offensive coordinator being thrust into the position a couple of weeks before the season. This is what you get when you plug in a DC as a first time HC to oversee a first time OC. Poor offensive gameplan. But, exactly what type of offensive gameplan is anyone supposed to have when you are starting practice squad castoffs on the offensive line?

Regardless, you are 100% right that Perry was dealt a rotten hand and is trying to prove himself to the league if not Ralph. Personally, while I would like to see what Brohm is capable of, I don't think we would see that even if he starts Sunday. He has been here a very short period, has virtually no reps in a new system and will be playing behind a swiss cheese o line. I don't see his performance being indicative of his potential or his ability. Perry is staying with the guy that has been in the system all year if he is capable of playing. I think he has been very consistent...

Yes, if only the Bills offensive plan could utilize a parked car to screen off the defender we might stand a chance to put up some points.

Seriously, Fitz has thrown for what? Under 100 yards per game the last 3? The upside with him running this offense is close to zero. Letting Brohm play would at a minimum give us a reason to watch the game. At least for the 1st quarter....

Fitz was 17/25 for 178 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT vs the Pats*.

And in some way, one could actually make the argument Fitz out played Tom Brady (don't know how much water that would hold)

Brady was 11/23 for 115 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.