Brohm or Hamdan??

BillsInMaine

Well, 15 weeks into the season, and I have something to be genuinely excited about! Brian Brohm better play because Hamdan is nothing but a certified caddy! For his sake, here's hoping that he generates a NEW friendship with the future QB?!?! Invaluable huh??

Allthough for obvious reasons I hope it will be Hamdan, I think Brohm will get the nod. However Brohm hasnt had more then scout team reps and Hamdan is up to speed on the playbook and has had reps.

They might have a mini battle over it and if Brohm looks good enough he might get the start allthough I dont think it will do him good to play, he can only fail where as Hamdan can only win (if Brohm sucks it's end of career if Hamdan sucks it's end of career as well but it kinda looked to be over allready anyway).

Allthough for obvious reasons I hope it will be Hamdan, I think Brohm will get the nod. However Brohm hasnt had more then scout team reps and Hamdan is up to speed on the playbook and has had reps.

They might have a mini battle over it and if Brohm looks good enough he might get the start allthough I dont think it will do him good to play, he can only fail where as Hamdan can only win (if Brohm sucks it's end of career if Hamdan sucks it's end of career as well but it kinda looked to be over allready anyway).

What makes you think Hamdan was running anything other than the scout offense?

That's amusing. Since the players had the day off, I doubt if anyone knows who is starting.

Just to be THAT guy, they technically didn't have the day off because they have positional meetings (DB's, LB's, etc.) on Monday's and Tuesday's to look over tape and the like.

Brohm's a pretty bright guy, scored a 32 on the Wonderlic, and probably has a better handle on the playbook than Fewell. Unless Fewell is a complete retard and starts a guy he cut five weeks ago to make room for Brohm, Brohm gets the nod.

What makes you think Hamdan was running anything other than the scout offense?

BB reports, he ran 1st team during OTA's, then as Fitz got into the playbook more they switched day to day with Fitz getting 1st one day and Hamdan the other, this continued when TE came back where Fitz and Hamdan rotated 2nd and 3rd team. During camp this continued somewhat with Fitz getting 2/3 of the second team.

During the season I don't know (most likely scout team only, except for when TE was out and Hamdan was 2nd string), but at least Hamdan has thrown to these guys which is more then we can say of Brohm so far.

BB reports, he ran 1st team during OTA's, then as Fitz got into the playbook more they switched day to day with Fitz getting 1st one day and Hamdan the other, this continued when TE came back where Fitz and Hamdan rotated 2nd and 3rd team. During camp this continued somewhat with Fitz getting 2/3 of the second team.

During the season I don't know (most likely scout team only, except for when TE was out and Hamdan was 2nd string), but at least Hamdan has thrown to these guys which is more then we can say of Brohm so far.

Hahaha, okay.

Brohm's a pretty bright guy, scored a 32 on the Wonderlic, and probably has a better handle on the playbook than Fewell. Unless Fewell is a complete retard and starts a guy he cut five weeks ago to make room for Brohm, Brohm gets the nod.

Playing Brohm will limit the playbook, it depends how much if you let him play or not. Brohm is also the guy who threw for 5 interceptions this preseasaon, versus Hamdan who threw 2 both with a similar amount of snaps.

Also if Brohm sucks sunday fans will burn him. If Hamdan sucks, you'll see Brohm getting on the field and fans will be able to say see I told you he sucked. From a fan political standpoint of view I'd start Hamdan over Brohm. If Brohm looks like he'll be able to perform similar to Hamdan Perry will most likely opt for Brohm.

That said I fully believe Perry will play whomever he feels is the better of the two this sunday and not in two years time.

Personally I hope it will be Hamdan.

Guest dog14787

If Fewell really wanted to win I think the all purpose man of action Freddie Jackson should play QB, he's fast, knows the Offense and actually has a half decent arm.

We already know what Hamdan can do so lets see Brohm , but keep it simple.

Hamdan--because he could be the next Kurt Warner. Either way Brohm or Hamdan--it's an upgrade from Fitzpatrick. I'd like to see Hamdan get at least 1 shot--1 game, before his career is over.

Hamdan's been with the Redskins, Seattle, 49ers, Seattle again, Miami, and NFL Europe before the Bills, so I think he's pretty much had his chance to impress, no? Guy got cut 5 weeks ago to make room for Brohm - only reason he's back is 'cause he knows the playbook and we lost 2 QBs in one game. 'The Chroise' is done.

Hamdan's been with the Redskins, Seattle, 49ers, Seattle again, Miami, and NFL Europe before the Bills, so I think he's pretty much had his chance to impress, no? Guy got cut 5 weeks ago to make room for Brohm - only reason he's back is 'cause he knows the playbook and we lost 2 QBs in one game. 'The Chroise' is done.

You are probably right--you have the evidence to support you. Us biased fanboys can only cling to the hope that he was quite impressive in preseasons and that he actually hasn't had any legitimate gametime with starters. Just 1 game--humor us. Clearly JP, TE, Fitzy have not been the answer, so we cling to this slim hope.

You are probably right--you have the evidence to support you. Us biased fanboys can only cling to the hope that he was quite impressive in preseasons and that he actually hasn't had any legitimate gametime with starters. Just 1 game--humor us. Clearly JP, TE, Fitzy have not been the answer, so we cling to this slim hope.

I'll give you that. I stay outta the whole Hamden=GOD thing but you have a point here and it's that the Hamden fans are loyal and maybe they do deserve this. I say whomever starts = We Win... which really just means we lose.

If Brohm sucks its the end of his career? This is hands down the stupidest thing I have seen on here about Brohm yet. So, let me get this straight. A second year player in his first ever NFL action playing in an offense he has been in for about 4 weeks, with a decimated O Line, no reps to date with even the second unit, who was a second round pick playing the toughest position in professional team sports on a team with an already terrible offensive scheme needs to have a good day or his career is over?

LMAO...what a stupid comment.

Playing Brohm will limit the playbook, it depends how much if you let him play or not. Brohm is also the guy who threw for 5 interceptions this preseasaon, versus Hamdan who threw 2 both with a similar amount of snaps.

Also if Brohm sucks sunday fans will burn him. If Hamdan sucks, you'll see Brohm getting on the field and fans will be able to say see I told you he sucked. From a fan political standpoint of view I'd start Hamdan over Brohm. If Brohm looks like he'll be able to perform similar to Hamdan Perry will most likely opt for Brohm.

That said I fully believe Perry will play whomever he feels is the better of the two this sunday and not in two years time.

Personally I hope it will be Hamdan.

This doesn't make any sense to me. There is no upside to playing Hamdan; he was re-signed simply to fill the roster with a guy who can help practice run more smoothly because he's familiar with the personnel and playbook. And he's disaster insurance for the last two weeks.

Brohm, on the other hand, is a guy many felt had 1st-round talent. It didn't work out in Green Bay -- so what? The Packers still thought enough of him to try and hide him on the PS.

Bills' fans are fickle, but even they won't "burn" a guy signed off the PS in his first start. There is absolutely nothing to lose and much to gain by playing Brohm this week.

Say what you want Senator but Hamdan did impress in NFL Europe, the guy owns the f-ing recordbook. Season average passerrating of 116.3113.4 with a perfect game behind a terrible o-line mind you.

Chances?

Redskins - nope (was drafted as a development project then released as Washington got a new coach.

Seattle - nope, sure he got his chance in NFL Europe, a situation I'll never understand. He outplayed David Greene in Seatlle but was behind Greene due to the invested draftpick in Greene. Read the scout.com piece (good read): http://sea.scout.com/2/561790.html

49-ers - picked up after he was cut by Seattle after preseason was done, 49-ers decided to keep him and signed him to PS.

Seattle - signed him back from the 49-ers ps after Hasselbeck was injured (basicly allthough they kept Greene they went and resigned Hamdan as 2nd qb behind Seneca Wallace when it counted).

Miami - nope, sick and tired of the Seattle debacle he signed with Miami under condition that he was allowed to battle it out for starting QB with Cleo Lemon. That was a chance he never got as Miami signed Trent Green, drafted John Beck and had Cullpepper coming back from injury, actually he didnt even get reps at all anymore even though he had been owning Lemon prior to TG, JB and DC showing up. He was used by Miami and Miami got punished for it.

Bills - yes, I think the best chances he's had in the NFL have been with the Bills, at least he got playing time during pre-season here which is more then what he got at any of his previous teams outside of nfl europe.

Is the Chroice done? Most likely. If Brohm gets the start over him and he still never sees the field then surely it's over. But did he get a chance? No. Imho Hamdan outplayed both Fitz and TE during preseason with the stats to show for it as well. There must be something coaches really dont like about him, maybe Hamdan gave up somewhere and rested on his laurels just being happy to be 3rd.

The Hamdan I saw in Amsterdam was way better then any quarterback that ever played NFL Europe, he was the Tom Brady of NFL Europe. Maybe the Hamdan we saw in Amsterdam is still the same as the Hamdan today and maybe that is exactly the issue. Maybe he allready played at his max in NFL Europe. Very possible.

Start Hamden, let him play the first half, then put in Brohm. Takes the pressure of Brohm, as he's not the starter and not likely expected to do much more than dip his toe into the deep end of the pool. In other words, treat it as a preseason game. Put in Johnson and Hardy too. No reason not to.

Say what you want Senator but Hamdan did impress in NFL Europe, the guy owns the f-ing recordbook. Season average passerrating of 116.3 with a perfect game behind a terrible o-line mind you.

Chances?

Redskins - nope (was drafted as a development project then released as Washington got a new coach.

Seattle - nope, sure he got his chance in NFL Europe, a situation I'll never understand. He outplayed David Greene in Seatlle but was behind Greene due to the invested draftpick in Greene. Read the scout.com piece (good read): http://sea.scout.com/2/561790.html

49-ers - picked up after he was cut by Seattle after preseason was done, 49-ers decided to keep him and signed him to PS.

Seattle - signed him back from the 49-ers ps after Hasselbeck was injured (basicly allthough they kept Greene they went and resigned Hamdan as 2nd qb behind Seneca Wallace when it counted).

Miami - nope, sick and tired of the Seattle debacle he signed with Miami under condition that he was allowed to battle it out for starting QB with Cleo Lemon. That was a chance he never got as Miami signed Trent Green, drafted John Beck and had Cullpepper coming back from injury, actually he didnt even get reps at all anymore even though he had been owning Lemon prior to TG, JB and DC showing up. He was used by Miami and Miami got punished for it.

Bills - yes, I think the best chances he's had in the NFL have been with the Bills, at least he got playing time during pre-season here which is more then what he got at any of his previous teams outside of nfl europe.

Is the Chroice done? Most likely. If Brohm gets the start over him and he still never sees the field then surely it's over. But did he get a chance? No. Imho Hamdan outplayed both Fitz and TE during preseason with the stats to show for it as well. There must be something coaches really dont like about him, maybe Hamdan gave up somewhere and rested on his laurels just being happy to be 3rd.

The Hamdan I saw in Amsterdam was way better then any quarterback that ever played NFL Europe, he was the Tom Brady of NFL Europe. Maybe the Hamdan we saw in Amsterdam is still the same as the Hamdan today and maybe that is exactly the issue. Maybe he allready played at his max in NFL Europe. Very possible.

Point taken - and I know he was quite impressive in Europe, and also showed occasional flashes of promise in the big league, at least in pre-season action. I'm just sayin' that he was already looked at by 5 different NFL teams, and finally ended up as the Bills 3rd-stringer before being cut to make room for Brohm.

Five teams (plus Europe) in 6 years. Guy will be 29 in February. I think his chance has come and gone. JMO.

Five teams (plus Europe) in 6 years. Guy will be 29 in February. I think his chance has come and gone. JMO.

I know, allthough I really wouldnt count the three weeks on the niners PS as being with them. This is prolly all or nothing for Hamdan, if he gets to backup Brohm then he's done for sure unless he chooses to go to the UFL or CFL. If he gets the nod, it will be all or nothing for him.

Start Hamden, let him play the first half, then put in Brohm. Takes the pressure of Brohm, as he's not the starter and not likely expected to do much more than dip his toe into the deep end of the pool. In other words, treat it as a preseason game. Put in Johnson and Hardy too. No reason not to.

I could live with this, treat it as a preseason game and whoever has the better game starts next week.

Id like to see Hamden play myself.