Why not make Incognito a Nose Tackle!

Lenigmusx

He does seem to have a defensive temperment! I believe the draft has some quality IF the Bills wanted to change to the 3-4 scheme. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee always seems to be mentioned and Terrance Cody of Alabama is simply HUGE and might be the prototypical NT.

Not a bad idea for outside thinking BUT would he be receptive to the change and want to make the change? Also will he be on this team come next season? Either way its bold thinking which I like BUT its never going to happen because the guy isn't going to change what side of the ball he plays on 4 plus years into his NFL career and odds are he won't be on the team next year.

He could play with instinct and just be an animal! Seems like his natural possition he weighs around 340 lbs I believe. Just a thought.

just thought about this when we aquired him via STL...hey, if he talked crap like the guys from "The Program," than we'd be all good about our DL for next year. But seriously? no. Even as an OL for this team he's gone after these last 2 games.

BTW...anyone ever have Schlafly beer from STL?...amazing i tell you.

Why dont we make him a fullback? And no, I am not kidding. You dont think he could go in motion and wham block a defensive end?

I wonder why most teams just don't put a lineman back at FB anyway. It's really just a blocking position- they never carry the ball. One would think that a 340# lineman can do it better than a fullback provided that he can move.

I wonder why most teams just don't put a lineman back at FB anyway. It's really just a blocking position- they never carry the ball. One would think that a 340# lineman can do it better than a fullback provided that he can move.

The Steelers did that last Sunday. Doug Legursky #64 lined up as a fullback when the Steelers had the ball on the 3 yard line.

He blocked, Steelers scored a TD.

Cody of Alabama plays fullback on goalline situations. The NT think with RI is interesting. That's why it's so hard to play oline. You needed to have that fire but also control it because there is a lot of thinking involved. On d line, you just need to attack. But IMO, it is harder to find good olinemen than d linemen.

And I believe RI is a RFA, so if any team tries to pick him up, we get draft picks. Not a bad situation at all.

And I believe RI is a RFA, so if any team tries to pick him up, we get draft picks. Not a bad situation at all.

True if the CB is not settled - If there is a new CBA he is an UFA and can go where he elects to go. T.O. is not coming back so the Bills will have cash to sign him if they want. Would be interesting to see Wood come back as center - the making of a ver solid and nasty interior line if Wood returns to form. Draft a LT and we might have an answer to the mess currently known as the Bills o-line.

Cody of Alabama plays fullback on goalline situations. The NT think with RI is interesting. That's why it's so hard to play oline. You needed to have that fire but also control it because there is a lot of thinking involved. On d line, you just need to attack. But IMO, it is harder to find good olinemen than d linemen.

Yes, a good situation. Makes you wonder why Rams FO didn't just sit him down. Don't they need draft picks?

I'll take the occasional stupid penalty to have a big nasty SOB on our Oline. In fact, sign more just like RI. Keep your "players of character." Give me 5 of the nastiest, meanest mother f**kers we can get our hands on. Fill the line with guys who just want to go out and hit someone in the mouth on every play. Turn us into the Raiders of the '70's and I'm a happy man.

I'll take the occasional stupid penalty to have a big nasty SOB on our Oline. In fact, sign more just like RI. Keep your "players of character." Give me 5 of the nastiest, meanest mother f**kers we can get our hands on. Fill the line with guys who just want to go out and hit someone in the mouth on every play. Turn us into the Raiders of the '70's and I'm a happy man.

Yeah, moving the other team 15 yards with a 1st down when we don't have players that can score or stop the other team isn't a probem at all :rolleyes:

Yeah, moving the other team 15 yards with a 1st down when we don't have players that can score or stop the other team isn't a probem at all :rolleyes:

Yeah, and it's working so well with the bunch of pansies we have out there now. ;)

We ran the ball better than we have all year behind a kid who didn't even know the offensive calls... and a good number of those runs were to his side. There's nothing wrong with the way this kid plays, he just grew up in an era of liberal "don't hit the QB too hard/save the world" pansies.