No Thoughts Today....

Bill from NYC

2 feet of snow.

Even if it WAS up, I shoveled for 8 hours. It was a nightmare. I would love some wine but I lack the energy to raise my arms.

During breaks, I was on NFL.com watching play by play. It appears to me that we gave away the game due to OL weaknesses/penalties, and a bunch of the same from Lil Donte Whitner. Am I close?

If so, here is my plan....cut Lil Donte, and sign Jeremy Trueblood as a ufa. We could use the cash from the inflated contrat given to this utter bust by Dick Levy.

2 feet of snow.

Even if it WAS up, I shoveled for 8 hours. It was a nightmare. I would love some wine but I lack the energy to raise my arms.

During breaks, I was on NFL.com watching play by play. It appears to me that we gave away the game due to OL weaknesses/penalties, and a bunch of the same from Lil Donte Whitner. Am I close?

If so, here is my plan....cut Lil Donte, and sign Jeremy Trueblood as a ufa. We could use the cash from the inflated contrat given to this utter bust by Dick Levy.

Yep, you were close. Penalities and bad OL play killed us.

Although, I'll say they started he game with a great 9+ minute drive, pounding it right down the Pats* throats. The Oline looked great. Of course, they tried to pass first the rest of the game because Lord knows you can't stick with what works. That would be too predictable.

Schobel tried to take out Brady's knee. Gotta give him props for that.

Perhaps a few thoughs about the game from me can substitute...

- WTF happened to the offensive line after the first series. The run blocking was excellent and one of my friends, who doesn't follow the Bills, mentioned what a great OL we had. I told him to just wait and see - and of course, right on cue we had the false start penalty that negated the TD and resulted in the FG. Add that to horrendous play the rest of the game and it was same old, same old here.

- I wonder whose decision it was to put Trent into the game. There has been speculation here that TO prompted the change to Fitz several weeks ago. I tend to believe it was Ralph, but that's beside the point. Other than sending a message to Fitzpatrick (and I'm not sure why you'd want to do that), it gains the team nothing. Whoever made the decision gets the bonehead award this week.

- Speaking of horrible coaching decisions, what is up with not using your timeouts at the end of the first half?

- The game officials didn't like our secondary's tactics. I don't know if it was the Patriot* bias showing through, but we've gotten away with a lot worse than what got flagged in this game.

- I really didn't understand the Maybin situation until today. I initially thought it was the coaches misusing him - this guy is a !@#$ing top 15 draft pick and he's never on the field. The onside kickoff play changed my mind - this guy doesn't have a lot of football intellgence and makes stupid plays. I think Fewell realized this at some point and as a result he's been shelved.

- The Bostonians have now beaten us in 19 out of the last 20 meetings. As bad as 0 for 20 was during the 70s against the Fins, this has to be just as bad, or slightly worse.

- WTF happened to the offensive line after the first series. The run blocking was excellent and one of my friends, who doesn't follow the Bills, mentioned what a great OL we had. I told him to just wait and see - and of course, right on cue we had the false start penalty that negated the TD and resulted in the FG. Add that to horrendous play the rest of the game and it was same old, same old here.

- I wonder whose decision it was to put Trent into the game. There has been speculation here that TO prompted the change to Fitz several weeks ago. I tend to believe it was Ralph, but that's beside the point. Other than sending a message to Fitzpatrick (and I'm not sure why you'd want to do that), it gains the team nothing. Whoever made the decision gets the bonehead award this week.

- Speaking of horrible coaching decisions, what is up with not using your timeouts at the end of the first half?

- The game officials didn't like our secondary's tactics. I don't know if it was the Patriot* bias showing through, but we've gotten away with a lot worse than what got flagged in this game.

- I really didn't understand the Maybin situation until today. I initially thought it was the coaches misusing him - this guy is a !@#$ing top 15 draft pick and he's never on the field. The onside kickoff play changed my mind - this guy doesn't have a lot of football intellgence and makes stupid plays. I think Fewell realized this at some point and as a result he's been shelved.

- The Bostonians have now beaten us in 19 out of the last 20 meetings. As bad as 0 for 20 was during the 70s against the Fins, this has to be just as bad, or slightly worse.

Fitz got replaced (for a series only as it turned out) because he simply wasn't making a single play of his own. Save for the opening drive, of which was on the ground, our offense was literally quite offensive. His best plays and throws were after he had his ankle tweeked (hummm....maybe we're on the something here).

If ever there was a time to beat NE this decade, today was it. The Patsies were missing two starting OL and two starting DL, not to mention being winless on the road this season. Buffalo happened to be the remedy for what NE couldn't do many teams before today's game.

I will say that I cheered the Maybin pick when it was made in April. Looking back, my judgment was poor, because Maybin was more of a project than I realized. I thought Orakpo was too stiff, but he's been anything but this season. Someone made a point on a post-game show that the Bills should have simply taken the best LB on the board to play strong-side OLB rather than have another guy at DE.

We can debate the mistakes and errors, but IMO a third of the roster is not worthy of being back next season.

Okay, now see, these thoughts really are in no particular order. Numbering them makes the order particular.

Fitz got replaced (for a series only as it turned out) because he simply wasn't making a single play of his own. Save for the opening drive, of which was on the ground, our offense was literally quite offensive. His best plays and throws were after he had his ankle tweeked (hummm....maybe we're on the something here).

well prior to be taken out Dierdork mentioned how he was actually 12-16 for 101 yds.

well prior to be taken out Dierdork mentioned how he was actually 12-16 for 101 yds.

Thing about Fitzpatrick is, he is kind of a hybrid of Flutie and Holcomb. He has decent mobility, and can make ad-lib well (the heave to Fred Jackson on the opening drive today), at times, like Flutie, but is more Holcomb like in the pocket. He does some things well, and has a mental toughness we haven't had in a starter in a while, making him a good back-up. He just doesn't have the arm strength (Trent has a better arm) to do a lot more than what he has been doing. His game is a "captain checkdown" game. He throws such an ugly ball most of the time...but the edge he has, he is not afraid to do it.

2 feet of snow.

You should be so lucky. The rest of us watched the game. If I'd had any sense I'd have had a lot a wine. My arms are tired too.... raising them every couple of plays and yelling WTF.

BTW... what does one shovel in NYC? a section of side walk? Can't be a driveway, right? Us upstaters are curious to know.

2 feet of snow.

That's odd - I had no reception probs and I live 15 min from the city. That being said you are probably better off having not seen the game. Shoveling snow is less of a nightmare than watching this Bills team.

Donte. His contract expires in 2011, but he can void that final year and be a free agent this year.

For real?

If I'm Donte I'm staying put cuz no way is any team going to pay him more than what he's making now.

If I'm the Bills, I'm dropping the big fat "VOID" stamp on that contract on Feb. 20.

You should be so lucky. The rest of us watched the game. If I'd had any sense I'd have had a lot a wine. My arms are tired too.... raising them every couple of plays and yelling WTF.

BTW... what does one shovel in NYC? a section of side walk? Can't be a driveway, right? Us upstaters are curious to know.

Bill's home is on LI, so yes he has a real driveway. But people in the city are responsible for their section of the sidewalk.

2 feet of snow.

We usually call that "flurries". :ph34r:

Rochester had enough on the ground to go snow shoeing though.