Scratch Shanny Off the List?

Gugny

Very possibly headed to Washington ...

http:/ /www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...han?eref=fromSI

Snyder will pony-up big bucks. Besides, even though Washington is terrible, it too has a large fan base with big cities around it.

I don't think Washington is any better than Buffalo; however, Campbell is a better QB than the two guys the Bills trot out each week.

Too bad! We need a quality head coach, and I don't see anyone else lining up.

Snyder will pony-up big bucks. Besides, even though Washington is terrible, it too has a large fan base with big cities around it.

I don't think Washington is any better than Buffalo; however, Campbell is a better QB than the two guys the Bills trot out each week.

Too bad! We need a quality head coach, and I don't see anyone else lining up.

Gotta go the route of finding a good GM who will know who to hire.

Very possibly headed to Washington ...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...han?eref=fromSI

Here's another link I found this morning too...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Sh...?urn=nfl,209765

I thought this was interesting, ..."When Shanahan was talking to the Buffalo Bills last month about a job there, he reportedly said that he and Allen were a "package deal."

So what are the ESPN talking heads thinking when they speculate Shanny wants total control and doesn't want a GM. I cannot blame RW for this one if we don't end up with a proven head coach -- the old man is trying. I say screw them all and bring in Bobby Bowden!

Here's another link I found this morning too...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Sh...?urn=nfl,209765

I thought this was interesting, ..."When Shanahan was talking to the Buffalo Bills last month about a job there, he reportedly said that he and Allen were a "package deal."

So what are the ESPN talking heads thinking when they speculate Shanny wants total control and doesn't want a GM. I cannot blame RW for this one if we don't end up with a proven head coach -- the old man is trying. I say screw them all and bring in Bobby Bowden!

The owner was thinking along the same line as you when he brought in Marv Levy to straighten things out. The only problem was things didn't get straightened out as much as they had hoped. Befuddlement on top of more befuddlement. I guess being congenial isn't much help when evaluating talent. :thumbsup:

Good. Maybe everyone can relax and move on, then. Shanahan's coaching tenure in Denver died a slow and painful death, w/ a large part of that attributable to the poor choices made by Shanahan himself in terms of personnel decisions. I respect what he was able to do in Denver, but I'd rather see another person come in to run things.

I.M.H.O. Shanny will crash and burn in D.C. - never to be heard from again after two years working with Snyder.

He goes into D.C. with NO star talent on the roster (with the exception of Haynesworth)....and if Snyder buries the organization buying overpriced veteran free agents for a quick turn around, they won't see the light of day for a decade.

I will say it is interesting to see that Allen was part of "the package" when the Bills were talking to Shanahan. That is something that was never mentioned in the reports a few weeks ago.....which goes to tell you that even with the Bills junior varsity approach - you just never know what they are working on and not revealing to the public.

From ProFootballTalk.com

He's not in Washington.

Shanahan-in-D.C. report retracted by FOX 5

Posted by Mike Florio on December 18, 2009 2:11 PM ET

Earlier today, Dave Feldman of FOX 5 reported that Mike Shanahan arrived at Redskins Park this morning.

Then, the link to the FOX 5 story went dead.

Then, various Redskins reporters began pointing out, Twitter style, that the report from Dave Feldman is roughly as reliable as the brain that Marty Feldman once harvested from Abigail Normal.

We're now told that the Redskins have advised FOX 5 that Shanahan isn't at the team facility, and that FOX 5 disabled the link to the story in response to that information.

It remains to be seen whether FOX 5 'fesses up to its faux pas.

I live in the denver area and have seen almost every one of their games the past five years......Shanahan's record for his final three years is only slightly better than juerons and shanahan had more talent to work with. Shanahan's draft and personal moves were highly questioned and even his game day decisions were criticized.....since he moved on, Denver's record has improved and they are contending for a divisional title or more probably a wild card.

i am not sure shanahan is that much better than perry when all is said and done.

I live in the denver area and have seen almost every one of their games the past five years......Shanahan's record for his final three years is only slightly better than juerons and shanahan had more talent to work with. Shanahan's draft and personal moves were highly questioned and even his game day decisions were criticized.....since he moved on, Denver's record has improved and they are contending for a divisional title or more probably a wild card.

i am not sure shanahan is that much better than perry when all is said and done.

How many of the starters on that Denver team were selected by Shanahan?

Denver has less chance of winning that division than they had a year ago.

From ProFootballTalk.com

He's not in Washington.

Shanahan-in-D.C. report retracted by FOX 5

Posted by Mike Florio on December 18, 2009 2:11 PM ET

Earlier today, Dave Feldman of FOX 5 reported that Mike Shanahan arrived at Redskins Park this morning.

Then, the link to the FOX 5 story went dead.

Then, various Redskins reporters began pointing out, Twitter style, that the report from Dave Feldman is roughly as reliable as the brain that Marty Feldman once harvested from Abigail Normal.

We're now told that the Redskins have advised FOX 5 that Shanahan isn't at the team facility, and that FOX 5 disabled the link to the story in response to that information.

It remains to be seen whether FOX 5 'fesses up to its faux pas.

Kind of wish Florio had mentioned Rick Maese (the WaPo guy who shot down the rumor) by name, but FWIW, Shanahan spent today in ... Denver. Not saying a Shanny-to-DC deal won't eventually happen, but so far, it hasn't.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors?eref=sihp

I had my hopes set on him, and I hope we still have a shot at him. I just hope Ralph throws more money at him than little danny snyder...

Dan Snyder is a chump. Rich boy who thinks he can own the world through micro management. Don't know if Shanahan is a man for the keys to the Bills, but why come back to be Snyder's tool? :thumbsup:

Would like a coach with a pedigree, but Shanny? Don't know.

Thing is the Bills lost him as soon as they telegraphed who they wanted. Just

gave other teams ('Skins) a reason to move faster. Same old Bills story..

A day late and a dollar short.

They contacted him in November and offered him $10 million plus partial ownership of the team (reportedly). How is that a day late and a dollar short? Should they have called him in Sept and offered $15million?

They contacted him in November and offered him $10 million plus partial ownership of the team (reportedly). How is that a day late and a dollar short? Should they have called him in Sept and offered $15million?

Well if it is true that he stated he was a package deal with Bruce Allen, then they missed the boat.

Also, we are meant to know only what the media tells us, but I don't think the Bills have been

aggressive at all. The Browns have been very public about their love affair with Holmgren and the 'Skins

axed, I mean, accepted Cerato's resignation and snagged Bruce Allen THAT DAY (I know, some back

door deals were made).

That is why the Bills are a day late/dollar short. Not aggressive enough, and just go get who they covet.

Only the Bills know whom they truly covet, be it Shanny or someone who is currently with a team.

Well if it is true that he stated he was a package deal with Bruce Allen, then they missed the boat.

Also, we are meant to know only what the media tells us, but I don't think the Bills have been

aggressive at all. The Browns have been very public about their love affair with Holmgren and the 'Skins

axed, I mean, accepted Cerato's resignation and snagged Bruce Allen THAT DAY (I know, some back

door deals were made).

That is why the Bills are a day late/dollar short. Not aggressive enough, and just go get who they covet.

Only the Bills know whom they truly covet, be it Shanny or someone who is currently with a team.

Wait, in your first post you attacked them for being public about their love for Shanny, and now you're attacking them for not being aggressive enough about him and commending the Browns and Skins for being very public about their love for guys. You are wildly contradicting yourself.

Criticize them for not succeeding, and you'll be right, but IMHO the main reason we didn't get Shanahan was because Shanahan didn't want to come here. Assuming that all these partial reports are correct and Shanahan doesn't in fact end up in Buffalo.