Scratch Shanny Off the List?

Gugny

Wait, in your first post you attacked them for being public about their love for Shanny, and now you're attacking them for not being aggressive enough about him and commending the Browns and Skins for being very public about their love for guys. You are wildly contradicting yourself.

Criticize them for not succeeding, and you'll be right, but IMHO the main reason we didn't get Shanahan was because Shanahan didn't want to come here. Assuming that all these partial reports are correct and Shanahan doesn't in fact end up in Buffalo.

Correct. End all is Shanny probably didn't want to be here.

About the Bills going public, they didn't do enough. They may have let it out they met with him

but after those 7 hours, presumably, they did nothing. It's OK to talk about what you are

doing, but at least follow through. By talking publicly, it let two other clubs get into the race

for the "chosen few" ex-head coaches.

Correct. End all is Shanny probably didn't want to be here.

About the Bills going public, they didn't do enough. They may have let it out they met with him

but after those 7 hours, presumably, they did nothing. It's OK to talk about what you are

doing, but at least follow through. By talking publicly, it let two other clubs get into the race

for the "chosen few" ex-head coaches.

In other words... whatever the Bills do is wrong, whatever any other team does is right. Thanks for the insight.

In other words... whatever the Bills do is wrong, whatever any other team does is right. Thanks for the insight.

It sure seems that way for the last ten years. What have they done the past ten years that gives you confidence they will/can turn this team around? I have seen absolutely nothing to convince me they EVEN know haw to turn it around!

I live in the denver area and have seen almost every one of their games the past five years......Shanahan's record for his final three years is only slightly better than juerons and shanahan had more talent to work with. Shanahan's draft and personal moves were highly questioned and even his game day decisions were criticized.....since he moved on, Denver's record has improved and they are contending for a divisional title or more probably a wild card.

i am not sure shanahan is that much better than perry when all is said and done.

You are kidding right? In 14 years in Denver, he had exactly *two* losing seasons. One year at 7-9 and another at 6-10. Oh yeah, and he won 2 Super Bowls and went to the Final Four one other time.

Perry Fewell is admittedly an unknown - but to compare him to one of the very strongest track records out there is WAY premature!

JDG

Can you imagine anyone with talent, GM or coach, wanting to come to Buffalo to work with this team?

Yes. We actually do have a few pieces in place - I think the cupboard in Cleveland is much more bare...

True but...

The homeowner in Cleveland is more willing to pay for stocking the shelves than the one in Buffalo

That explains why we signed T.O. this offseason, right? And paid big bucks to Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker, right?

JDG

That explains why we signed T.O. this offseason, right? And paid big bucks to Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker, right?

JDG

It explains the money we spent on depth which has really shown on the field after multiple starters have been hurt.

:wallbash: Ralph. :doh:

Snyder will pony-up big bucks. Besides, even though Washington is terrible, it too has a large fan base with big cities around it.

I don't think Washington is any better than Buffalo; however, Campbell is a better QB than the two guys the Bills trot out each week.

Too bad! We need a quality head coach, and I don't see anyone else lining up.

Living in VA and watching the Skins play each week, they are not terrible. They have a terrible record but would blow the Bills out of the stadium if they played. They played a tougher schedule and lost to some bad teams too, but they are playing very good football right now. They have alot of talent and an owner who is willing to do anything to win. Now that hasn't worked out so well lately, but to compare them to the bills is just plain ignorant. Orakpo would sack Fits minimum 6 times if they played. I would love to watch Ingocnito scrap with Haynesworth, after the game in the parking lot. I think Richie sucker punches him, but Albert gets him down and stomps on his head until it pops like a grape.