So one owner is learning to butt out...

DarthICE

What do you suggest? Taking Shanahan's family hostage and force him to coach the Bills?

PTR

You make it sound like that would be a bad thing.

I actually think that this move will help the Bills in the long run. Maybe the Redskins are looking at Chucky, who said he's not interested in the Bills. If Chucky signs there, Shanahan has one less dance partner. But if this plays out the way I think (and I'm sure a lot of you do to) the Bills are going to end up going with a coordinator or lesser known coach anyway. So this with the news that the Bills are going to start lining up candidates for GM after Christmas is a good thing. Either we get Shanahan or we focus on getting a GM and have him hire an up and coming coach. I'd like a GM and a coach not a Coach/GM. I don't think a coach can handle the personnel matters at the same time.

Will Ralph finally get it?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

And we can now cross one good GM off our potential list. Oh and how is it Snider can hire a good GM right now, but Ralph is still sitting on his hands?

just because Snyder hired a new GM means he is butting out? he made no statements as such in the article and it is nowhere in Snyder's nature to get out of the way. plan on more of the same in Washington, just some better decisions made by Allen when Snyder doesn't have an opinion. when Snyder wants something, right or wrong, he is not about to let some lowly GM stand in his way.

Winners do what it takes... I'm just sayin'.

More like the rich & sexy get the rock star coaches. You can't make people work for you if they don't want to. Buffalo is always going to have it tougher, be it the teams rep, the weather, or the city.

PTR