Bills claim Incognito

Well, it appears that someone in the FO finally decided that we needed to be a little less nice on the field which is totally fine with me. I have absolutely no problem with taking a player the rest of the league thinks is dirty. Rodney Harrison was dirty as hell, Hines Ward is labeled as dirty though I don't think he is, Wilfork is dirty, anybody have a problem with any of them on the squad?

IIRC Leonard Smith didn't have a squeaky clean rep when we got him from the Cardinals either but he was a badass and brought the appropriate attitude to the defense.

I'm loving the idea of Wood and Incognito at guard flanking Hangartner. That's a rolling ball of ginsu knives coming at you every down. Levitre kicks out to RT and that only leaves a LT to find whether it's Bell or someone else.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I totally saw this one coming. Still though, guess you can never have too many O-Lineman...regardless of how crazy they are.

Being honest here though, he was someone I really wanted the Bills to draft coming out of college...but the dude is just erratic.

too many OL????

we don't have enough to field a starting lineup

A great addition right before the Pat's game. Hopefully he gets to play, I'd LOVE to see him head butt a Patriot player. :lol:

did we bring him in with a hit out on Wilfork?

RI comes in on Wednesday, blows out Wilfork on Sunday, gets kicked out of league Monday, and is gone within a week. done.

sounds like a plan

Remember how Bellichek ate Preston's lunch at the end of a half by having him mauled and letting time run out so the Bills could not get lined up for a FG. Well that type of tactic will work at least twice a year against us now. This guy is a Bozo. He has no self control, none, nada.

Maybe they can get Marv to talk to him about the importance of high character.

Seems like an appropriate tombstone on the Dick Levy "Rebuilding with Character" era.

It's football character...get it right! Football character means guys who can be learned up bout football. :lol:

Now, does Russ get to take a picture with the guy?

Remember how Bellichek ate Preston's lunch at the end of a half by having him mauled and letting time run out so the Bills could not get lined up for a FG. Well that type of tactic will work at least twice a year against us now. This guy is a Bozo. He has no self control, none, nada.

yep. only upside is maybe he'll be nuts enough to hurt a Patriot in the process. Bellichik might be less willing to pull that stuff then.

Richie Incognito-G-Bills Dec. 16 - 5:16 pm et

Bills claimed OL Richie Incognito off waivers from the Rams.

It's doubtful that a new home will cure Incognito's mental problems, but he's talented enough to take a flier on. When healthy, he was the Rams' best run-blocking interior lineman (as little as that's saying). The Bills will have the option of retaining him in 2010 with a restricted free agent tender.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Related: Rams

They need whatever OL help they can get. I would like to see them re sign Joel Bell. He finished a good season with the Roughriders in the CFL.

Well, it appears that someone in the FO finally decided that we needed to be a little less nice on the field which is totally fine with me. I have absolutely no problem with taking a player the rest of the league thinks is dirty. Rodney Harrison was dirty as hell, Hines Ward is labeled as dirty though I don't think he is, Wilfork is dirty, anybody have a problem with any of them on the squad?

IIRC Leonard Smith didn't have a squeaky clean rep when we got him from the Cardinals either but he was a badass and brought the appropriate attitude to the defense.

I'm loving the idea of Wood and Incognito at guard flanking Hangartner. That's a rolling ball of ginsu knives coming at you every down. Levitre kicks out to RT and that only leaves a LT to find whether it's Bell or someone else.

+1

Tea & Crumpets with Dick Jauron did not inspire any kind of fear in our opponents. Is this going to be a guy that the next coach can work with? Is he a Shanahan-type OL?

You've gotta be a little crazy to play in the NFL. If the Bills can get him to tone it down even just marginally, this could be a heck of a pickup.

did we bring him in with a hit out on Wilfork?

RI comes in on Wednesday, blows out Wilfork on Sunday, gets kicked out of league Monday, and is gone within a week. done.

sounds like a plan

All Wilfork got was a $7,500 fine for taking out JP. I would gladly pitch in to help pay the fine to take out Wilfork.