Losman signs with Oakland

3irty1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't. Russell started 9 games before pulling him.

Plus the Raiders still have Charlie Frye

And please take off the JP blinders for a second before answering the following question.

There's 3 games left in the season and you just signed a 1st round bust QB who doesn't know your playbook. You also have another 1st round bust QB and a career backup who both already know your playbook.

Who do you start?

I don't. The Raiders will either draft somebody or stick with their own 1st round bust and bring back Gradkowski

Probably Frye with Losman as the backup. Apparently you didn't see any of the 9 games Russell started. Either that or you need to take off your 'Russell blinders' :lol:

Guest dog14787
dear bills fans,

JP Losman does not play for the Bills. There are more threads on this board about this failure than many players on the current roster. Who cares?

How many people do you know Buddy that comes into a City and actually tries to reach out and help the people around him in an effort to make their World a better place.

Allot of people care, that's who...

JP is a friend of the family to one of my good friends. I know this sounds stupid but I have spoken to him after his career in Buffalo ended. He turned down Carolina because he didnt want to be a back up. He also turned down Denver because he didnt want to be a back up. In hind sight he might be starting for either team at this point. Him adn Kyle Orton look alike, and play relatively similar, and well JD clearly isnt getting it done in CAR, so maybe some poor decision making.

I do know he wants to be a starter, and that has gone into his decision making in the past, unsure on the current. Anything I have says one year deal. i am unsure if that is to finish this year, or coninue through the next. I suspect that if he was worked out by Indy, with speculation of them getting it done sometime this week, and Oakland calls, he expects to start if not the last three games, I assume they have implied he will do it next year

JP is a friend of the family to one of my good friends. I know this sounds stupid but I have spoken to him after his career in Buffalo ended. He turned down Carolina because he didnt want to be a back up. He also turned down Denver because he didnt want to be a back up. In hind sight he might be starting for either team at this point. Him adn Kyle Orton look alike, and play relatively similar, and well JD clearly isnt getting it done in CAR, so maybe some poor decision making.

I do know he wants to be a starter, and that has gone into his decision making in the past, unsure on the current. Anything I have says one year deal. i am unsure if that is to finish this year, or coninue through the next. I suspect that if he was worked out by Indy, with speculation of them getting it done sometime this week, and Oakland calls, he expects to start if not the last three games, I assume they have implied he will do it next year

As far as your comparison of JP to Kyle Orton, their similarities end with the facial resemblance.

Orton is a cerebral quarterback with average physical skills. He's a game manager of the highest order. I think of him as a Chad Pennington with a stronger arm...or a poor man's Drew Brees.

Thanks for adding the other stuff though. Interesting information. As you suspected, the reports are that his deal with the Raiders is a one year contract. And it sure looks like he's interested in becoming a starter again based on his choice of teams.

The Raiders are so bad at QB, the paper this morning said that they might start Bradkowski who has two sprained ligaments (one in each knee)!

Russell came in after everybody saw Bradkowski hurt and the boos started instantly. Russell got sacked six times in the second half.

JaMarcus Russel is the poster child for the dangers of going with a college QB with great athleticism and horrible mechanics... [cough... TimTebow.... cough cough]. He is the anti-Vince Young.

The Raiders are so bad at QB, the paper this morning said that they might start Bradkowski who has two sprained ligaments (one in each knee)!

Russell came in after everybody saw Bradkowski hurt and the boos started instantly. Russell got sacked six times in the second half.

What I can't figure out is why there's a Packer fan breaking Raiders news on a Bills site. :lol:

Hey Al, for what it's worth there'll be at least one Bills fan in Pittsburgh rooting for you on Sunday. I'm going down to Heinz Field where there's a couple field passes waiting for me and I'm gonna run around and mess with Stiller's fans from the sidelines. :lol:

JaMarcus Russel is the poster child for the dangers of going with a college QB with great athleticism and horrible mechanics... [cough... TimTebow.... cough cough]. He is the anti-Vince Young.

I can't speak to his college career, but JaBustus is the least athletic quarterback I've seen in a while. A huge lumbering target with a two cent head. A mortar is more accurate.

Tim Tebow is the anti-JaMarcus Russel. Russel is a FAT LAZY Millionaire. He got his pay check & decided there were other things in life he would rather do than work at Football...........like EAT. Tebow, like Alex Smith, may take time to develop but he will put the work in to be the BEST he can be. Tebow is also the anti-Vince Young. Tebow unlike Young is a NATURAL LEADER with a good head on his shoulders.

Zeke's back in the league after a near 40 year retirement?

I knew the NFL was watered down, but not this bad. Who's next, Sonny Jurgensen?