Colts-Bills to be flexed??

gsf101

I have a buddy who works at WGRZ-TV (Channel 2 in Buffalo) and he told me of a rumor he had heard. If the Colts are 15-0 heading into the final week of the season, their game at Buffalo will be flexed to Sunday Night on NBC, unless there is a game with distinct playoff possibilities (maybe Giants-Vikings or Eagles-Cowboys).

With this information, I asked a Buffalo Bills beat writer (I will not divulge his name) if he had heard anything pertaining to that rumor and he told me it's a definite possibility.

My question to you all: would you be excited for this? Despite the fact the Colts will likely be resting Peyton, Reggie and several others, would it be a good idea for the NFL to flex this game?

I have a buddy who works at WGRZ-TV (Channel 2 in Buffalo) and he told me of a rumor he had heard. If the Colts are 15-0 heading into the final week of the season, their game at Buffalo will be flexed to Sunday Night on NBC, unless there is a game with distinct playoff possibilities (maybe Giants-Vikings or Eagles-Cowboys).

With this information, I asked a Buffalo Bills beat writer (I will not divulge his name) if he had heard anything pertaining to that rumor and he told me it's a definite possibility.

My question to you all: would you be excited for this? Despite the fact the Colts will likely be resting Peyton, Reggie and several others, would it be a good idea for the NFL to flex this game?

Definitely would be a good idea, but there will likely be other more important matchups with playoff implications, so it would be tough to justify not flexing one of those games instead. However, if they do that with the Colts-Bills, I'd be good with that. The Colts had better watch out, too, because as pathetic as the Bills can be, they are also capable of showing up to play every now & then.

What I'd really like to see if the Colts vs. Saints in the Super Bowl with both teams 18-0 heading in -- that would be very cool.

It's a possibility and something that crossed my mind today as well. 2 things:

If the Saints are also 15-0 heading into Week 17, I think Saints @ Panthers is a serious consideration to get flexed. The Saints are the media-hype team this year, and Brees would probably draw a larger viewing audience.

I also can't envision the Colts sitting their starters for the entire game vs. the Bills. I know Polian has made mention that he doesn't take any stock in finishing the season "strong", but how can you not want to be in the company of a couple of undefeated teams?

Definitely would be a good idea, but there will likely be other more important matchups with playoff implications, so it would be tough to justify not flexing one of those games instead. However, if they do that with the Colts-Bills, I'd be good with that. The Colts had better watch out, too, because as pathetic as the Bills can be, they are also capable of showing up to play every now & then.

What I'd really like to see if the Colts vs. Saints in the Super Bowl with both teams 18-0 heading in -- that would be very cool.

The Bills offense, if the weather is pretty cold and windy, would be lucky to score 20 points. Our defense holding the Colts under 20 seems like an impossibility, but weirder things have happened.

I would love to be playing the spoiler role in that game.

:thumbsup::wallbash::thumbsup:

Great. Get blasted on National TV one more time for good measure. Terrific. Sucks to be a bills fan. Why can't this season just go away.

How can this game be flexed if there is no Sunday Night game scheduled for Week 17?

Can NBC just add another game to it's schedule the last week of the season?

The Pats @ Giants game (perfect season game) was moved from NFL network to another network (cannot remember which) so that game could be seen by more than 25 people with NFL network. I don't think that was flexed, but it seems like networks would want to scramble a crew and air the game.

When do they have to let us know by?

I don't think they will fully rest those guys w/ 16-0 on the line.

There's no way they rest the starters if they are 15-0.

Go Colts. And Saints. I'll root for anything to diminish the accomplishments of the Pats*.