The QB Experiment is Done

Wizard

Three things stand out in this football game.

#1. Neither Edwards or Fitzpatrick should ever be allowed to start a game again, so it is time to find out if Brohm can be molded into a decent player or if he is our future backup. Go and get a veteran this offseason. Edwards and Fitzpatrick are done!!!

#2. Yes, we need a QB and an offensive line, but DT is our most needed position. When Jamaal Charles and the Chiefs, the Chiefs, run up 140+ on you, it is time to change the defensive line. We need a DT in round #1 or round #2, no questions!!!

3. As much as I love the enthusiasm to win games against the Chiefs, why are we trying to win? The goal is to get a higher draft pick.

#1. Neither Edwards or Fitzpatrick should ever be allowed to start a game again, so it is time to find out if Brohm can be molded into a decent player or if he is our future backup. Go and get a veteran this offseason. Edwards and Fitzpatrick are done!!!

Love this. Brohm could not even make the roster as a back up on his original team, but people like you can't wait to see if he can play. You will get your chance.

Next year.

Brohm is under contract and going no where. Absolutely no need to rush the guy this season just so "you" can be one of the first people to claim Brohm is a bust or a steal.

#2. Yes, we need a QB and an offensive line, but DT is our most needed position. When Jamaal Charles and the Chiefs, the Chiefs, run up 140+ on you, it is time to change the defensive line. We need a DT in round #1 or round #2, no questions!!!

3. As much as I love the enthusiasm to win games against the Chiefs, why are we trying to win? The goal is to get a higher draft pick.

Maybe in your little world.

He is right

Who is right??? I agree with 1 and 2, but could not disagree more with #3. I would hope that there are no professional teams out there that would purposely lose a game to better themselves in the draft.

Fewell is coaching for his professional life right now and he seems to have the respect and admiration of his players. Both coaches and players (those that want to stay in Buffalo) will do everything in their power to win every remaining game. I am more encouraged by coaches and players that show up and play when their season is all but over than players who have outright given up on their team and coach (a.k.a. Pittsburgh, Detroit, et. al.).

Why are we trying to win....are you for real???? :thumbdown:

I wouldn't be against bringing in Brohm, but only if, you know, he's demonstrated anything in practice that shows he's capable of playing. You forget that the rest of the team would be putting their neck out for some kid that just showed up and probably doesn't even know what's going on.

1 play 76 yards. Reason LB and DT went to same hole. DT's are trying to clear openings for LB's to make plays. If Lb (SS) tries to fill same hole + 76 yard TD Run. Stop the play as designed Chiefs run up 70 yards rushing. Wish we had some players left.

I wouldn't be against bringing in Brohm, but only if, you know, he's demonstrated anything in practice that shows he's capable of playing. You forget that the rest of the team would be putting their neck out for some kid that just showed up and probably doesn't even know what's going on.

Good point, many of us are just so frustrated and we are convinced that Fitz and Trent aren't the answers we want to see what else we have. We forget that the the starting qb has to earn his position, notn just singed and throw him in there. Brohm obviously showed more promise than Hamdan but this does not mean he has shown enough in practice to warrant a start.

The Tampon 2 defense does not work for us. 4 years is enough of it.

Once the house cleaning at One Bills Drive happens, I hope a competent GM comes in, brings in the right coaches and changes the defense back to the 3-4. We need 2 monster DT's like when we had Washington/Williams or Williams/Adams. Schobel is playing better, but not enough to warrant the $8.7 million a year. I'd tell him to take a pay cut or trade him. Kelsay & Denney would be gone as well. Defintely need help at the LB position as well.

Good point, many of us are just so frustrated and we are convinced that Fitz and Trent aren't the answers we want to see what else we have. We forget that the the starting qb has to earn his position, notn just singed and throw him in there. Brohm obviously showed more promise than Hamdan but this does not mean he has shown enough in practice to warrant a start.

You want to see what Brohm can do, so you throw him to the wolves? Sure, let's start him against the Pats*, with barely a grasp of our offense, no chemistry with our WRs and behind our patchwork O-line. How do you think he's going to do? Do you really want to see what Brohm is capable of or do you just want another failed Bills QB?

PTR

Love this. Brohm could not even make the roster as a back up on his original team, but people like you can't wait to see if he can play. You will get your chance.

Next year.

Brohm is under contract and going no where. Absolutely no need to rush the guy this season just so "you" can be one of the first people to claim Brohm is a bust or a steal.

Maybe in your little world.

I think the goal is to get a credible QB. A higher draft pick is more likely to ensure that this happens. If you have doubts, bear in mind that the Bills drafted 14th in 2004, and missed out on Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger. They would have killed for any one of them, and desperately tried to trade up to get BR. The Steelers wouldn't budge because they clearly recognized how important the position is. After Bradford and Claussen (I don't think Locker is coming out), I worry about the rest.

You want to see what Brohm can do, so you throw him to the wolves? Sure, let's start him against the Pats*, with barely a grasp of our offense, no chemistry with our WRs and behind our patchwork O-line. How do you think he's going to do? Do you really want to see what Brohm is capable of or do you just want another failed Bills QB?

PTR

Um....reread my post....was agreeing with the guy I was quoting that we can't just throw him in there. My apologies if you misunderstood and I offended you.

I think the goal is to get a credible QB. A higher draft pick is more likely to ensure that this happens. If you have doubts, bear in mind that the Bills drafted 14th in 2004, and missed out on Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger. They would have killed for any one of them, and desperately tried to trade up to get BR. The Steelers wouldn't budge because they clearly recognized how important the position is. After Bradford and Claussen (I don't think Locker is coming out), I worry about the rest.

I understand the rationale, I just do not agree with it. You play to win. Period. Accept nothing less.

If that means we have to wait another year to get our "franchise" QB, than so be it.

IMO, this years class of QBs is looking pretty weak anyways.

Other than maybe Claussen, nobody really interests me enough to take a chance on (at least not until the later rounds).

I am okay with going with Brohm, but not until AFTER the New England game. Must try to win that game. They really can't afford to just give away another game to the Patriots. Breaking that losing streak is important, and while it's a small chance they will be able to do it, they can't waste an opportunity. The Pats are as down as they have been in 8 seasons.