Ochocinco

PushthePile

Honestly, I love the guy. I think he is good for the sport, he has fun playing a game for a living and I like that. Some of his antics and celebrations aren't all that funny but thats okay. He stays out of trouble with the law and he is not mean spirited about anything. I'd take him on the Bills in a heartbeat, certainly for his talent, but also for entertaining personality.

+1

Chad is the man, he plays the GAME the way its supposed to be played. it is a GAME, he never takes the league or himself too seriously. he is an entertainer in the greatest entertainment league in the world. he also does some pretty cool stuff for fans. he takes Cinci fans out to the movies, he buy tickets for fans to go to games, he even took two steelers fans on a shopping spree when they played in pittsburgh earlier this year. he appreciates the opportunity to play and make money and he shares it with the fans in many ways, what more do you want from a player.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad is great for professional football, and great for fans alike. He has put fun back into the NFL where it belongs, pays his fines, and moves on. He doesn't run his mouth like a lot of cocky athletes, the kind of ignorant jabber that you hear on occasion when the mic picks it up. He keeps it PG, which is great for kids who watch the games. To add, he is a great player in his own right who has been saddled with a bad team for the most part until this year and that one playoff year a few years ago.

We need more Chad Johnson Ochocincos in this league, and less arrogant, holier-than-thou players.

I don't mind Ochocinco, and, like you say, I think he is a pretty likeable guy, albeit with some issues. That said, while he may be great for professional football, and for fans alike, I am not sure if his routine is all that good for his team sometimes.

Honestly, I love the guy. I think he is good for the sport, he has fun playing a game for a living and I like that. Some of his antics and celebrations aren't all that funny but thats okay. He stays out of trouble with the law and he is not mean spirited about anything. I'd take him on the Bills in a heartbeat, certainly for his talent, but also for entertaining personality.

Same here. Seems like an all-around good guy with a surfeit of enthusiasm.

I remember hearing the story about how the early morning of Cincy's first playoff game in ages, Chad got to the stadium 3 hours before he had to, just so he could go out and meet the hardcore tailgaters, give them gifts and thank them for supporting the team through the bad times. Say what you will about his harmless antics, but the guy has always cared for his fans. He's had some downs (like wanting out of the deal he had) but he reiterated numerous times how it had nothing to do with the fans.

So, here's a guy that's entertaining, cares about the people that cheer him on and leaves it out on the field whenever he can. Yeah...who wants THAT in Buffalo....?

I remember hearing the story about how the early morning of Cincy's first playoff game in ages, Chad got to the stadium 3 hours before he had to, just so he could go out and meet the hardcore tailgaters, give them gifts and thank them for supporting the team through the bad times. Say what you will about his harmless antics, but the guy has always cared for his fans. He's had some downs (like wanting out of the deal he had) but he reiterated numerous times how it had nothing to do with the fans.

So, here's a guy that's entertaining, cares about the people that cheer him on and leaves it out on the field whenever he can. Yeah...who wants THAT in Buffalo....?

He does this stuff all the time. I love the guy and think he's one of the few players in the NFL that still make it worth watching (and I mean that...I find less and less every year to like about the NFL).

I can understand if someone just doesn't care one way or the other, but I don't get anyone that thinks badly of him.

Then you don't remember them doing the Fred Sanford. The Big One Lizbeth'! The cocaine use and suspension, the DWI's(er, I mean stop sign induced narcolepsy), painting Buffalo as a racist city during SB XXVI week to name a few.....yeah, Bruce was a class act. Seriously, I'm a huge Bruce Smith fan, but the point is you are taking some harmless theatrics by Ochocinco WAY out of proportion. If you were a fan of those partying Bills teams and are hating on 85 you are either just getting old or suffering from some displaced sour grape syndrome. You asked.

Bruce was obviously not always a class act. I thought we were talking about on the field stuff. You probably got it right with the sour grapes syndrome. I'm not old enough to be anti-fun and I generally enjoy other antics. For whatever reason I'm not amused by ochocinco. Apparently, I stand alone! :thumbsup:

Well said ... :thumbsup:

Chad is great for professional football, and great for fans alike. He has put fun back into the NFL where it belongs, pays his fines, and moves on. He doesn't run his mouth like a lot of cocky athletes, the kind of ignorant jabber that you hear on occasion when the mic picks it up. He keeps it PG, which is great for kids who watch the games. To add, he is a great player in his own right who has been saddled with a bad team for the most part until this year and that one playoff year a few years ago.

We need more Chad Johnson Ochocincos in this league, and less arrogant, holier-than-thou players.

He doesn't run his mouth?

Look, this guy is a great receiver, no doubt. But there is also no doubt he has been a divisive force on his team. He blamed his QB for his own f**kup, he lashed out at his his coach. He threatened to sit out the 2008 season. He asked for a trade. His own teammates were suggesting he should leave.

Saddled with a bad team? That bad team has made him a multiple Pro Bowl WR and a very wealthy man. You think he would have that success in Buffalo? Or with the Redskins, who were ready to give a 1st round and a 3rd round pick for him??

He's a big baby. He's incredibly self-absorbed-----so much so that he can't see that his TD celebrations and "bribe" act are so incredibly lame and outdated. Who really gets off on that stuff anymore? How is that "great for professional football"?

You know who's "great for professional football"? How about Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson---all better WR than Chad Johnson, yet we don't have to suffer through immature lameness with those guys. Hell, Hines Ward is better for the League. He's tough, clutch, a hardass. He may get a little dirty, but who wouldn't want a top WR who kick some a$$--as opposed to these prima donna types who don't like to hit or be hit. I would prefer a WR get fined for an aggressive block than for some idiotic, self-promoting, embarrassing display after he makes a nice play.

I'm with you, Pile.

I don't think he will bash the Bills. The fans treat him very well, and I think with some winning he would really like it here, would finish his career here.

Terrell Owens has had an 'off' season, but who hasn't on this offense, with this unstable offensive line? He is one of the best players on this team, so I can't understand why people want him to go away. Probabaly the same people who wanted Losman out of her, and Edwards, and ...

...and Lynch, and Whitner, and Poz, and Evans. Not Stroud though, or Steve Johnson.

As far as Johnson goes...he is having fun, and he doesn't effect me at all. I think it is too bad that his antics are punished so heavily by the NFL. God forbid that this GAME be fun, and that the players and teams that we (fans) spend millions on are allowed to entertain. Chad doesn't cross the line, in my opinion. To call him lame, and have "grown tired" of his antics is sounds a little old. He would probably be flattered.

It was great, I thought, when TO mocked Joey Porter in the Miami game.

All of this in mind, I could do without Maybin celebrating every tackle with a running fist pump and a yell to the crowd...maybe that is the first sign on me getting old. I would accept it on a sack or a big tackle for a loss, but when happen to be in position because you have been dominated, are on the ground and grab a foot as it goes by...I'll thank you for being aware, but could go without the celebration.

Amen. And Chad is one of the hardest workers in the NFL. He is not all antics

Look, this guy is a great receiver, no doubt. But there is also no doubt he has been a divisive force on his team. He blamed his QB for his own f**kup, he lashed out at his his coach. He threatened to sit out the 2008 season. He asked for a trade. His own teammates were suggesting he should leave.

Saddled with a bad team? That bad team has made him a multiple Pro Bowl WR and a very wealthy man. You think he would have that success in Buffalo? Or with the Redskins, who were ready to give a 1st round and a 3rd round pick for him??

He's a big baby. He's incredibly self-absorbed-----so much so that he can't see that his TD celebrations and "bribe" act are so incredibly lame and outdated. Who really gets off on that stuff anymore? How is that "great for professional football"?

You know who's "great for professional football"? How about Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson---all better WR than Chad Johnson, yet we don't have to suffer through immature lameness with those guys. Hell, Hines Ward is better for the League. He's tough, clutch, a hardass. He may get a little dirty, but who wouldn't want a top WR who kick some a$$--as opposed to these prima donna types who don't like to hit or be hit. I would prefer a WR get fined for an aggressive block than for some idiotic, self-promoting, embarrassing display after he makes a nice play.

I'm with you, Pile.

:thumbsup:

I think some of Ochocinico's on field antics have been funny, no harm, no foul.. I am not the biggest TO fan, and I thought his Sharpie incident, and kneeling on the Cowboys star were awesome...but what people seem to be missing the point on (except you) is that these antics, no matter how harmless they appear to us, do affect the team, and Johnson has been a huge distraction for the Bengals at various times in his career. I know Carson Palmer had huge issues with his antics...but, winning tends to make "problems" go away...

Oh, and the commish should leave him alone....$30,000 for putting on a sombrero and poncho for a couple minutes on the sideline, give me a break.

I agree with you, that amount of a fine is just crazy. The NFL only fined Flozell Adams the dirtiest offensive player in the NFL only $50,000 for grabbing the facemask of a defensive player & shaking it. He could have caused serious injury to that player & has been fined before this season for his dirty play. To me that is good cause to fine a player, even to suspend him. But a $30,000 fine for putting on a show is just CRAZY.

I'm with you, Pile.

Hit it on the head, Weo. Ochocinco is so self-absorbed, it is offensive. That garbage belongs in the WWF and it makes the the NFL look stupid. What other professional sports league do you have players bringing costumes and props to the game? I'm sure all of his teammates are thrilled when he pulls out his costumes and pisses all over their sidelines with his charade.

Carson Palmer probably loves standing in the pocket and taking a huge hit in order to complete a pass. Then while getting a little treatment on the sideline he gets to see the team idiot don his sombrero and poncho. Hilarious. I'm glad the other 31 teams in the NFL still have control and a sense of how to act like a pro.