Ochocinco

PushthePile

Just curious, as to what you posters think of this guy. The NFL just fined him $30,000 for his stupid pocnho and sombrero act this weekend. They have already fined him a number of times this season and previous seasons. The last one prior to the sombrero was $20,000 for pretending to bribe an official with cash.

To me this guys act is utterly lame. I'm not one who opposes celebrating and having fun on the field but what he does is just not funny. Whether it's his name change or his idiotic props, I'm completely over the Chad Johnson act. What is remotely entertaining about him putting a sombrero on? How much money has this assclown given the NFL for slowing down the game and annoying everyone?

Statistics have shown that a large number of pro football players go broke eventually. I can't help but wonder if Ochocinco will look back at all his antics and laugh or puke. The amount of money he has given the league has to be outrageous.

The guy is great player and has IMO tarnished what he should be remembered for. If you were the commish how do you handle this in the future? Do you continue to hand out increasing fines or does it eventually warrant a suspension?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't even know he did that if i hadn't read your post. he's just trying to cash in by being a "character." he knows he can't play forever and he's trying build a little brand recognition with all his antics. what do i think? i really don't think bout him at all.

Just curious, as to what you posters think of this guy. The NFL just fined him $30,000 for his stupid pocnho and sombrero act this weekend. They have already fined him a number of times this season and previous seasons. The last one prior to the sombrero was $20,000 for pretending to bribe an official with cash.

To me this guys act is utterly lame. I'm not one who opposes celebrating and having fun on the field but what he does is just not funny. Whether it's his name change or his idiotic props, I'm completely over the Chad Johnson act. What is remotely entertaining about him putting a sombrero on? How much money has this assclown given the NFL for slowing down the game and annoying everyone?

Statistics have shown that a large number of pro football players go broke eventually. I can't help but wonder if Ochocinco will look back at all his antics and laugh or puke. The amount of money he has given the league has to be outrageous.

The guy is great player and has IMO tarnished what he should be remembered for. If you were the commish how do you handle this in the future? Do you continue to hand out increasing fines or does it eventually warrant a suspension?

But......you liked Bruce Smith's act? If that's the case, then you can just chalk your feelings up to you getting old. What time is it? It's Hammer Time!

Honestly, I love the guy. I think he is good for the sport, he has fun playing a game for a living and I like that. Some of his antics and celebrations aren't all that funny but thats okay. He stays out of trouble with the law and he is not mean spirited about anything. I'd take him on the Bills in a heartbeat, certainly for his talent, but also for entertaining personality.

Honestly, I love the guy. I think he is good for the sport, he has fun playing a game for a living and I like that. Some of his antics and celebrations aren't all that funny but thats okay. He stays out of trouble with the law and he is not mean spirited about anything. I'd take him on the Bills in a heartbeat, certainly for his talent, but also for entertaining personality.

+1

But......you liked Bruce Smith's act? If that's the case, then you can just chalk your feelings up to you getting old. What time is it? It's Hammer Time!

Ochoquatro? Nothing annoying about his act. I don't remember his constant need for self-promotion and obnoxious antics. All of those Bills celebrated and had swagger! :censored: Chad uses WWF type props to seek personal attention. Not the same thing.

I agree that he is not a bad guy. I just think his act is dull. I'd bet it is twice as annoying for his teammates.

Chad is great for professional football, and great for fans alike. He has put fun back into the NFL where it belongs, pays his fines, and moves on. He doesn't run his mouth like a lot of cocky athletes, the kind of ignorant jabber that you hear on occasion when the mic picks it up. He keeps it PG, which is great for kids who watch the games. To add, he is a great player in his own right who has been saddled with a bad team for the most part until this year and that one playoff year a few years ago.

We need more Chad Johnson Ochocincos in this league, and less arrogant, holier-than-thou players.

I love Chad Ochocinco as a football player. I like his antics on and off the field. He talks a little trash, leaves it all on the field every Sunday, and produces while doing it. I created a thread along these lines a couple of weeks ago when he sent gift baskets to the Ravens' defense complete with roll-on deodorant. I thought that was hilarious. His endzone celebrations can be corny at times, but it's all in good fun.

8 five is cool man. leave him alone. i like him too. i wish we had some 8 5's on our team. lynch tries. t.o. tries. dick jaruon tries. wait sorry. he didnt do jack! he was like a mummy. no wonder we didnt do good under him. who takes order from a SAD I JUST WET THE BED MUMMY? i sure as hell dont.

i would love to see moorman in a dress. that would be hilarious!!!!!

It is is ridiculous that they fine him for such a harmless antic. Did you see it?

No big deal, just a bit of a goofball.

He isn't stealing, beating, abusing, drinking, fighting...

The fines make him more legitimate, in my view, than before, and diminish the perception of the league's front office.

Again, did you see the sombrero thing? It was nothing; harmed no one, diminished no one, got in no one's way, sort of like the other things he does. No big deal.

Ochoquatro? Nothing annoying about his act. I don't remember his constant need for self-promotion and obnoxious antics. All of those Bills celebrated and had swagger! :thumbsup: Chad uses WWF type props to seek personal attention. Not the same thing.

Then you don't remember them doing the Fred Sanford. The Big One Lizbeth'! The cocaine use and suspension, the DWI's(er, I mean stop sign induced narcolepsy), painting Buffalo as a racist city during SB XXVI week to name a few.....yeah, Bruce was a class act. Seriously, I'm a huge Bruce Smith fan, but the point is you are taking some harmless theatrics by Ochocinco WAY out of proportion. If you were a fan of those partying Bills teams and are hating on 85 you are either just getting old or suffering from some displaced sour grape syndrome. You asked.

Yeh, he's a clown. But he's not a cancer. T.O. was a cancer on every team he has played for, except Buffalo. And the only reason he is not a problem here, is because he is "reputation jail" this year. He must keep his big mouth shut or no team will ever give him a tumble again. It must be very difficult for him being on this team. Wait until next year, after he signs with another team. He'll bash the Bills big time.

Yeh, he's a clown. But he's not a cancer. T.O. was a cancer on every team he has played for, except Buffalo. And the only reason he is not a problem here, is because he is "reputation jail" this year. He must keep his big mouth shut or no team will ever give him a tumble again. It must be very difficult for him being on this team. Wait until next year, after he signs with another team. He'll bash the Bills big time.

I don't think he will bash the Bills. The fans treat him very well, and I think with some winning he would really like it here, would finish his career here.

Terrell Owens has had an 'off' season, but who hasn't on this offense, with this unstable offensive line? He is one of the best players on this team, so I can't understand why people want him to go away. Probabaly the same people who wanted Losman out of her, and Edwards, and ...

+1

having a weirdo around makes the world more entertaining