Ochocinco

PushthePile

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Ochocinco is the man. If I had to choose between a guy like Chad or a guy like Tim Tebow as a teammate I'll take OchoCinco every time.

I would rather have a guy like Fitzgerald or Wayne or Ward or Johnson---top receivers who act like men and not clowns.

Come on, was ANYBODY really laughing when he put on the poncho?? Let's hear it fellas---where was the funny in that? How does it make Chad worth more to you after such a lame act of self promotion?

Honestly, I love the guy. I think he is good for the sport, he has fun playing a game for a living and I like that. Some of his antics and celebrations aren't all that funny but thats okay. He stays out of trouble with the law and he is not mean spirited about anything. I'd take him on the Bills in a heartbeat, certainly for his talent, but also for entertaining personality.

+1

I agree completely. He is fun and not mean spirited. It could be worst. You could know about him for running some poor girl over in the middle of the night, or getting caught inside a car with weed and weapons in the middle of the night, or getting tased by police because you are resisting arrest. The truth is OchoCinco is a good guy and loves the game and treats it as a game. From hanging up the names of every DB he burns every week, or sending Peptol Bismol to the secondaries hes about to face, its all in fun. He is not over the top in a bad way at all. And he has never gotten in trouble off the field. The only time there was any doubt with him was when his play dropped off (mostly due to injury) and he was upset that he was not resigned to a long term deal with Cinci. He asked to be traded when this came up and they refused to deal him no matter what what said. They refused two 1st round picks from the Redskins if I am not mistaken so nobody can say there were not acceptable offers for him at the time. He is one of my favorite players in the game today and as much as I would love him on the Bills, Im hoping he stays a Bengal for life. (truth is I really like their black jerseys and no one else IMO is worth gettig besides Chad)

+1

I agree completely. He is fun and not mean spirited. It could be worst. You could know about him for running some poor girl over in the middle of the night, or getting caught inside a car with weed and weapons in the middle of the night, or getting tased by police because you are resisting arrest. The truth is OchoCinco is a good guy and loves the game and treats it as a game. From hanging up the names of every DB he burns every week, or sending Peptol Bismol to the secondaries hes about to face, its all in fun. He is not over the top in a bad way at all. And he has never gotten in trouble off the field. The only time there was any doubt with him was when his play dropped off (mostly due to injury) and he was upset that he was not resigned to a long term deal with Cinci. He asked to be traded when this came up and they refused to deal him no matter what what said. They refused two 1st round picks from the Redskins if I am not mistaken so nobody can say there were not acceptable offers for him at the time. He is one of my favorite players in the game today and as much as I would love him on the Bills, Im hoping he stays a Bengal for life. (truth is I really like their black jerseys and no one else IMO is worth gettig besides Chad)

Or........you could know him simply as a good receiver.

Some of you guys think that WRs come only in two forms: the miscreants who commit crimes off the field, or clowns like Chad and TO. The reality is that the vast majority of top WRs are guys who don't fall into either group. Look at the top 10 WRs right now---none of them falls into either of the two categories you guys think solely exist. Even Moss has kept his nose clean while racking up the catchess and TDs the past few years.

While you're at it--look up the top 10 of all time. Only TO still sticks out as the behavioral aberration.

I think he is a good WR, and his on field antics annoy me more than the off field stuff, I got a huge kick out him sending gift baskets to the Ravens D with deodorant in them, but the poncho and sombrero bit, not funny to me at all. I think the NFL could use more guys like him who seem to realize it's a game and it should be fun. However after Cincy mentioned that article about him being sued for not paying on a car, with all the fines he is racking up, maybe he needs to higher a good financial guy to straighten him out so he doesn't leave the game broke and poor

He must not be hanging many pics on his locker this year. He's been held to less than 40 yards three times (twice agianst Cleveland) so far this year.

Why didn't he put on the sombrero after those crappy performances. At least it would have been actually funny/interesting.