J.P. Losman

Guest dog14787

I wouldn't mind having Losman coming in as competition to Brohm and Fitzy in what will be a "building the foundation" year for the Bills. To me, he's a much better option than drafting some rookie QB mid to late round. I see 2011 as the year the Bills draft their 1st round QB of the future anyways (that's unless Brohm secures the job with a solid season).

I can see bringing Losman in as an example of how NOT to play QB. But we have enough film to make that point.

PTR

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only two reasons we're still talking about him are because there are those enamored with his physical traits, and because there are those who have made a significant emotional investment in his succeeding.

Here's another Highlight video of JP's when the offense was clicking http://www.videosurf.com/video/pre-wk-03-j...lights-30483511

Look. I was a big Trent Edwards supporter coming into this year. But I acknowledged to his detractors that this was his 3rd season as a starter and would really define what sort of quarterback he is.

I am a pragmatist and a realist. I don't get enamored of, and entrenched in my own opinions. With regard to Trent, the results have not been there and even when you correct for other factors (O-line, coaching, etc), what sailors call "windage," you have to say that Trent could maybe have some success in perfectly ideal circumstances. But he is clearly not a "franchise quarterback."

dog, you're pulling up snapshots of JP's career. Everyone shows in flashes. But you have to look at the entire body of work. It's said that he who laughs last, laughs best. Perhaps someday you'll enjoy a hearty laugh at our expense. But until JP proves the majority of fans, GM's, etc wrong, you are just being an apologist for the guy. It's a losing argument on so many levels.

I can see bringing Losman in as an example of how NOT to play QB. But we have enough film to make that point.

PTR

The guy was a project and played every bit the part. That being said, he did play alright in 2006. Like I said before, I'd rather have Losman as the 3rd stringer than a rookie QB drafted in the mid to late rounds. 2010 is a "build the foundation" year so I wouldn't be upset at them giving a former Bill another shot.

Guest dog14787
Pathetic!

Red (In best Gruden scowl <_< ): "Are you kiddin' me!??!?!?"

C'mon man, it was a PRESEASON game!

Against the Colts starters

Guest dog14787
You do realize that Bellicheat loved playing against Losman because it meant an automatic "W"?

PTR

Belicheat loves playing against the Bills regardless of who starts at the QB position.

Comparing JP to Aaron Rodgers, <_< . We might as well bring in Rex Grossman while we're at it, because in all seriousness or Kyle Boller cause these are the 2 qb's most like JP.

Rex Grossman-

Career 37 69.5 524 971 54.0 6197 167.5 6.4 33 36 sacked 58 times with 428 yards lost and 19 fumbles 10 lost

sacked once every 16 pass attempts threw a pick once every 27 passes a td every 29 pass attempts.

JP Losman-

Career 42 75.6 558 941 59.3 6211 147.9 6.6 33 34 sacked 103 times for 751 yards lost and 32 fumbles 17 lost

sacked once every 9 pass attempts threw a pick once every 28 passes a td once every 29 pass attempts.

And for the suppouse "gun slinger" mentality that was the myth of JP Losman had a pathetic sub 150 yards passing per game. Both Grossman and Losman each had 1 year where they showed "potential" mixed in with the same pathetic play that plagued both their careers. JP Losman couldn't touch Aaron Rodgers talent on his best day

Watching Aaron Rodgers playing against the Ravens last night reminded me of how well Losman was able to throw with decent accuracy while on the run. I'm not going to go into anything JP accomplished in the UFL because to most folks it doesn't mean much anyways , but Jim Fassel has done an amazing job with JP Losman. UFL or not its still the same game and maybe the defenses aren't near as good, but it goes hand in hand with the protection and it still boils down to keeping your composure, keeping the play alive and delivering a strike.

JP has great wheels, cannon of an arm and a great work ethic. Losman's arm is probably stronger then 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. I still see big potential in JP Losman and myself personally, I want that cannon of an arm, athleticism and great work ethic on my team. If we could pick JP up at a reasonable salary, why not bring him in for a hard look through the preseason and see if Loman beats out what we have in camp.

We owe it to JP in my opinion and its very possible we owe it to ourselves...

We the fans of Buffalo owe ZERO to JP Losman.

If you think his deep ball and legs will win us games you need to put down the crack pipe. JP had ZERO short game and that's one of the reasions why he failed.

At least Capt check down did.

We have a much more promising QB project in Brohm...why would we bring in a vet like JP who has countless flaws and plays so out of control?

JP has lots of physical talent and a huge arm. But, like so many others have pointed out, he doesnt have it upstairs. Now, I do whole heartedly believe he will and should be back in the NFL, but as a backup somewhere. Maybe one day, some great coaching staff can fix all the incredibly bad habits he has and fix his terrible decision making to make him into a quality starter, but thats a long shot at best. Stranger things have happened, but its still a long shot.

Whether he could have developed better somewhere else is debateable. I do feel he was grossly mis managed here and that may have stunted his progress to an extent, but how much better he could have been somewhere else is debateable given the large body of work of just terrible terrible decisions he made on the field.

Last year, I was all for a change to see what he could do when Trent went lame, but his on field play just showed his decision making and field vision are still very poor...those are two of the worst traits a QB can have and the hardest to correct.

I wish him the best...somewhere else...just like I will wish Trent the best, somewhere else

It's still very telling to me that no NFL club picked him up. Says to me pretty plainly that he does not have NFL talent - maybe some of the physical skills but his downfalls were always poor decisions and lack of accuracy.

The Bills need to move on. JP was not the answer before and he is not going forward.

I would never bring back Losman. Ever. However, no NFL team has picked up Jeff Garcia and he's clearly better than at least 10 starting QB's in the league right now. Maybe not long term, but right now, easily.

Hahahaha!

Mike Leach has killed the NFL aspirations of every one of his QBs.

Whatever skills and talent they may have had when they joined "the Genius", they were rendered totally useless for the NFL by his monolithic offensive mentoring".

This may have seemed funny the first 100 posts, now it's just....sad.

So Leach groomed Tim Couch into the nation's top QB, a Heisman finalist, and the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft, then forced him to start in his rookie season for an inexperienced expansion Browns team - behind an inexperienced O-line (throwing for 3000 yards in '02 and leading the expansion Browns to the playoffs), then tore up Couch's shoulder, broke Couch's leg, and finally forced Couch to ruin his career with steroids and HGH????? <_<

Please go back to pissing and moaning about the Miami loss with the rest of your Patriettes* queers.

So Leach groomed Tim Couch into the nation's top QB, a Heisman finalist, and the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft, then forced him to start in his rookie season for an inexperienced expansion Browns team - behind an inexperienced O-line (throwing for 3000 yards in '02 and leading the expansion Browns to the playoffs), then tore up Couch's shoulder, broke Couch's leg, and finally forced Couch to ruin his career with steroids and HGH????? <_<

Please go back to pissing and moaning about the Miami loss with the rest of your Patriettes* queers.

Not going to get into your guys debate about how good Leech is or isnt at grooming QB's, mainly because I dont really know his track record here. But, is Tim Couch your only argument in favor of him being able to groom QB's? I hope not, as Couch wasnt very good before or after his injury history and got beat out by a certain QB who also stunk it up for the Bills...He was pretty much considered a bust his entire career, even pre injury.

There has to be a better example than this...

Watching Aaron Rodgers playing against the Ravens last night reminded me of how well Losman was able to throw with decent accuracy while on the run. I'm not going to go into anything JP accomplished in the UFL because to most folks it doesn't mean much anyways , but Jim Fassel has done an amazing job with JP Losman. UFL or not its still the same game and maybe the defenses aren't near as good, but it goes hand in hand with the protection and it still boils down to keeping your composure, keeping the play alive and delivering a strike.

JP has great wheels, cannon of an arm and a great work ethic. Losman's arm is probably stronger then 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. I still see big potential in JP Losman and myself personally, I want that cannon of an arm, athleticism and great work ethic on my team. If we could pick JP up at a reasonable salary, why not bring him in for a hard look through the preseason and see if Loman beats out what we have in camp.

We owe it to JP in my opinion and its very possible we owe it to ourselves...

CLEARLY you did not watch any UFL games.

So is Jamarcuss Russels, maybe we can get him too

hahahahahaha

I think he owes us our first round pick and about 20 mil.