Article on tebow

gordong

he'll be totally unable to stretch the field with his weak, inaccurate arm and painfully slow delivery. He's not that fast either. How could he ever run a two minute offense in the NFL if he can't throw?

I only like him as a wildcat type option, but even then it's gonna be a tough road cause he's not a guy that will be able to make around the edge in the NFL. He'll be overdrafted and by a good team that already has a good quarterback.

Good read for the Tebow fans.

http://abcnews.go.com/OnCampus/tim-tebow-g...tory?id=9241082

You might not think Tebow will translate to the NFL; but you sure can't argue with the impact this guy has had on the college level.

I know the guy has legions of supporters, but actually you CAN argue about Tebow's impact, at least as to the point on how he can translate to the NFL. Tebow didn't reinvent anything in college; his success can be primarily attributed to the can't-lose circumstances he fell into at his powerhouse school, as well as the way Meyer elected to use him. Sure, on occasion Tebow has made impressive throws and led his team back to victory on the rare occasions that Florida found themselves behind. But Tebow has, for the most part, been nothing more than a tank-like lumberer scoring 2 yard TDs every week.

None of Tebow's traits gets me excited about watching him in the NFL. He has Jamarcus Russell accuracy. He has a molasses delivery speed. Sure his arm is strong enough, but, as with Russell, that's not enough to wet anyone's panties in the NFL. Even his strong point, rushing with the ball, concerns me since he runs with a high pad level that will get his bean snapped by some linebacker by week 3 of his rookie year.

I know Tebow's supposed to be different and the fact that Jimbo likes him is encouraging, but the NFL ranks are riddled with stud college QB's that did nothing in the pros (i.e. Russell, Hartley, Leinart, etc. hell, we even have one on our roster right now.)

Tough crowd!

He's had a huge impact on the college game and Florida specifically. Personally I don't think that translates to NFL success as a QB, but props for what he's done.

Really? Couldn't play in ther NFL? I've seen him play several times this year(and last)---including the dismantling of Fla State, where he did it all, ran for TDs, touch passes, 39 yrd TD on a rope-----I think he's better than the opening day QBs of the Raiders, Browns, 49ers, Redskins, Rams and the current QB of the Bills.

I don't know how this guy gets written off out of hand. He's a very accurate passer (66%--11th in Div I, only 4 ints), he's productive (8.9 YPA--tied for 4th) and has the 6th highest rating in the country----and this is his WORST statistical performance yet!

AND he has done it 3 years in a row. In the toughest conference in the country. He has thrown for 84 TDs--and run for another 56.

So a big, powerful, intelligent, highly motivated, highly skilled, multiple national championship winning QB won't hack it in the pros because a couple of armchair GMs "don't like his throwing mechanics"?????

As opposed to.....Colt McCoy???

Look, our starting O-line will not be significantly better on opening day 2010 no matter who is GM. Would anyone really rather watch Colt Dorsey get broken into a thousand pieces, or would they rather watch a man like Tebow make something out of nothing on Sunday?

I know the guy has legions of supporters, but actually you CAN argue about Tebow's impact, at least as to the point on how he can translate to the NFL. Tebow didn't reinvent anything in college; his success can be primarily attributed to the can't-lose circumstances he fell into at his powerhouse school, as well as the way Meyer elected to use him. Sure, on occasion Tebow has made impressive throws and led his team back to victory on the rare occasions that Florida found themselves behind. But Tebow has, for the most part, been nothing more than a tank-like lumberer scoring 2 yard TDs every week.

None of Tebow's traits gets me excited about watching him in the NFL. He has Jamarcus Russell accuracy. He has a molasses delivery speed. Sure his arm is strong enough, but, as with Russell, that's not enough to wet anyone's panties in the NFL. Even his strong point, rushing with the ball, concerns me since he runs with a high pad level that will get his bean snapped by some linebacker by week 3 of his rookie year.

I know Tebow's supposed to be different and the fact that Jimbo likes him is encouraging, but the NFL ranks are riddled with stud college QB's that did nothing in the pros (i.e. Russell, Hartley, Leinart, etc. hell, we even have one on our roster right now.)

I'm sure you have seen many of his games, living in Cheektowaga. You are the Tebow EXPERT analyst. :D

I'm sure you have seen many of his games, living in Cheektowaga. You are the Tebow EXPERT analyst. :D

His conclusions are pretty spot on. No one has ever argued about tebag's impact on the collegiate game. But his skill set and mechanics simply do not translate to the NFL pro-style game.

His conclusions are pretty spot on. No one has ever argued about tebag's impact on the collegiate game. But his skill set and mechanics simply do not translate to the NFL pro-style game.

You must STILL be in PAIN from the BEATING TEBOW & the Gators put on your Girls school, then to add insult to injury your school HUMILIATES the LEGEND Bobby Bowden like they did. That was a BIGGER embarrassment than the shoe scandal.

Tough crowd!

He's had a huge impact on the college game and Florida specifically. Personally I don't think that translates to NFL success as a QB, but props for what he's done.

Really? Couldn't play in ther NFL? I've seen him play several times this year(and last)---including the dismantling of Fla State, where he did it all, ran for TDs, touch passes, 39 yrd TD on a rope-----I think he's better than the opening day QBs of the Raiders, Browns, 49ers, Redskins, Rams and the current QB of the Bills.

I don't know how this guy gets written off out of hand. He's a very accurate passer (66%--11th in Div I, only 4 ints), he's productive (8.9 YPA--tied for 4th) and has the 6th highest rating in the country----and this is his WORST statistical performance yet!

AND he has done it 3 years in a row. In the toughest conference in the country. He has thrown for 84 TDs--and run for another 56.

So a big, powerful, intelligent, highly motivated, highly skilled, multiple national championship winning QB won't hack it in the pros because a couple of armchair GMs "don't like his throwing mechanics"?????

As opposed to.....Colt McCoy???

Look, our starting O-line will not be significantly better on opening day 2010 no matter who is GM. Would anyone really rather watch Colt Dorsey get broken into a thousand pieces, or would they rather watch a man like Tebow make something out of nothing on Sunday?

What I said was I don't think his game will translate to success as a QB in the NFL.

You feel free to keep pumping out your inflamatory bs and wonder why folks have decide you are an ass.

You have your opinion, I have mine. We'll see.

I'm sure you have seen many of his games, living in Cheektowaga. You are the Tebow EXPERT analyst. :thumbsup:

Not sure what that is supposed to mean, considering Florida is on TV every single week. I didn't go to a rival SEC school so I don't have a vendetta against the guy or anything, so you can spout his (admittedly) gaudy stats at me all you want. I can turn around and give you similar stats on a number of college QBs the past 5 years or so that never sniffed an NFL field during a regular season game. You bring up Florida's championships as if Tebow won them all by himself, ignoring the fact that UF is a recruiting powerhouse and have stud players at every position.

Obviously you are geographically closer to Gainsville and a fan of Tebow and UF, so defending the chosen one is a given. But don't let being a shameless homer cloud your judgment.

I have little interest in the college game so I ask, what is the probability that this guy makes it to rounds 2-4 given the other guys coming out? If he could be had in those rounds, is he worth a look?

If a player like Tim Tebow falls to the 4th round, and the Bills do not pick him up...I will no longer watch football, let alone Buffalo Bills football.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean, considering Florida is on TV every single week. I didn't go to a rival SEC school so I don't have a vendetta against the guy or anything, so you can spout his (admittedly) gaudy stats at me all you want. I can turn around and give you similar stats on a number of college QBs the past 5 years or so that never sniffed an NFL field during a regular season game. You bring up Florida's championships as if Tebow won them all by himself, ignoring the fact that UF is a recruiting powerhouse and have stud players at every position.

Obviously you are geographically closer to Gainsville and a fan of Tebow and UF, so defending the chosen one is a given. But don't let being a shameless homer cloud your judgment.

Is UF REALLY on up in Buffalo EVERY week? I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I am NOT a stats guy myself, I like to WATCH with my own two eyes. The EXPERTS are divided on Tebow, so we will have to wait & see, but having watched just about every game he has played, I would put my money on Tebow being a VERY GOOD NFL QB.

Is UF REALLY on up in Buffalo EVERY week? I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I am NOT a stats guy myself, I like to WATCH with my own two eyes. The EXPERTS are divided on Tebow, so we will have to wait & see, but having watched just about every game he has played, I would put my money on Tebow being a VERY GOOD NFL QB.

I must say that in Michigan, I've seen 10 UF games on TV this year, and I do not subscribe to the NCAA football package. If one does that, I'm 100% certain all of UF's games would be covered. SEC football, especially UF can usually be seen anywhere in the country.

Tough crowd!

as everyone is getting picky...(maybe cuz we don't have much of a football team to talk about)...what are "props"? Did you mean kudos?

Major problem I see with Tebow is he is one small hit away from being in TE concussion land. He leads with his head and has had his noggin rung more than the Liberty Bell. I don't think he will last very long, especially with offensive lines like ours. There is no line in football as offensive as ours.

I have little interest in the college game so I ask, what is the probability that this guy makes it to rounds 2-4 given the other guys coming out? If he could be had in those rounds, is he worth a look?

UDFA are 'worth a look'. A team in need of so many basic building blocks can not afford to toss away draft picks in rounds 2-4.

Tebow would be a worse pick than Maybin, but I wouldn't put it past the Bils, since short-term ticket sales are clearly more important to them than building long term success.

UDFA are 'worth a look'. A team in need of so many basic building blocks can not afford to toss away draft picks in rounds 2-4.

Tebow would be a worse pick than Maybin, but I wouldn't put it past the Bils, since short-term ticket sales are clearly more important to them than building long term success.

If this kid is as athletic, talented, (and big) on the college level as advocates say, I have no problem with the Bills bringing him in with a 3 or 4 if he lasts. Just like I would have felt better about the Maybin pick as a later round project, if they landed Oher with the 1. The Bills penchant for overvaluing prospects in defiance to reality is just as disturbing as their attempts to convert every pick from what they are into something they're not.