Obese air passenger in economy seat has picture taken

erynthered

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents.

I am in the eat less and exercise more category. Pretty simple. As someone mentioned, look at the success people have on the biggest loser. And what is really killer about that is that the people kicked off even in the first week or two went on to lose huige amounts of weight even when they got back home and back into their normal lives.

They decided they wanted to lose weight, and they did it..pretty simple.

I do not want to get on my soapbox here, but I quit smoking by realizing it was fear of quitting that was keepeing me smoking..not the pysical addiction.

In terms of the weight and fast food and alcohol, I am going thru that now and for the last 9 weeks. I have made a choice to to cut down on beers, fast food and starting training again. In 9 weeks I have have dropped 27 lbs just by making smarter choices on food, drinking water instead of wine or soda with my meals, and cutting out fast food. And I was a 3 time a week fast food guy at a minimum. It was freaking easy to cut out the fast food, the fried foods etc.

So lomg story short, I ain't buying the whole "addictive" foods crap. Now, off to quaff dwon plenty of beers and slam some pulled pig before the Richmond game. (another key for me..one day a week throw caution to the wind when it comes to nutrition)

And I was a 3 time a week fast food guy at a minimum. It was freaking easy to cut out the fast food, the fried foods etc.

Fast food is probably half of the problem in this country. No one who wants to lose weight should ever set foot in a fast food place. It's just indescribably bad for you and people eat it constantly. There is a McDonalds on the same block as my office and you see obese people in and out of there all day long.

Fast food is probably half of the problem in this country. No one who wants to lose weight should ever set foot in a fast food place. It's just indescribably bad for you and people eat it constantly. There is a McDonalds on the same block as my office and you see obese people in and out of there all day long.

My problem is being on the road (driving) alot during the week, I can't stop at a grocery store and get something healthy. So I do fast food instead. But I make better (not smart, just better) choices about what I order. Usually just a double cheeseburger and diet coke, instead of the double whopper/quarter pounder with cheese and super size fries. I just need something to tied me over, not a huge meal.

My problem is being on the road (driving) alot during the week, I can't stop at a grocery store and get something healthy. So I do fast food instead. But I make better (not smart, just better) choices about what I order. Usually just a double cheeseburger and diet coke, instead of the double whopper/quarter pounder with cheese and super size fries. I just need something to tied me over, not a huge meal.

Jack I drive a lot as well. I will say I do not consider Subway fast food, and have been eating that lately.Usually get the sweet onion teriyaki on 9 grain wheat and no cheese. If a have to eat in the car, going the chiclfila route on the char grilled chicken sandwich on wheat..300 calories, 3.5 grams of fat..pretty good for you and taste pretty good as well.

There are restaurants out there that sell these really healthy things called salads.

Jack I drive a lot as well. I will say I do not consider Subway fast food, and have been eating that lately.Usually get the sweet onion teriyaki on 9 grain wheat and no cheese. If a have to eat in the car, going the chiclfila route on the char grilled chicken sandwich on wheat..300 calories, 3.5 grams of fat..pretty good for you and taste pretty good as well.

Jared, is that you?? <_<

This thread and the "I can't give up soda" thread are blowing my mind. Why must people always make 900 excuses for their problems? The people in oodles of credit card debt blame the credit card companies for "forcing" them to spend money, instead of blaming themselves for buying crap they don't need. Why must overweight people blame everyone but themselves?

Not sure if it is still true but some time ago the salad with dressing was one of the highest calorie items on the McDonalds menu. Seems they loaded the dressing up with additives that made it very high in calories. So while Mcd's is not the most logical place to go if you are trying to maintain a healthy weight - even if you thought you were making a "good choice" it was in fact a very bad one (assuming you dumped the dressing on the salad).

Nobody puts a gun to your head and forces you to drench your salad in the dressing. Go to McDonalds, buy the salad and don't put the dressing on. Get water instead of pop. There, problem solved, even McDonald's can be healthy.

You only got the double cheeseburger? Do you really think the double cheeseburger is a better alternative?

My 2 cents.

I am in the eat less and exercise more category. Pretty simple. As someone mentioned, look at the success people have on the biggest loser. And what is really killer about that is that the people kicked off even in the first week or two went on to lose huige amounts of weight even when they got back home and back into their normal lives.

They decided they wanted to lose weight, and they did it..pretty simple.

I do not want to get on my soapbox here, but I quit smoking by realizing it was fear of quitting that was keepeing me smoking..not the pysical addiction.

In terms of the weight and fast food and alcohol, I am going thru that now and for the last 9 weeks. I have made a choice to to cut down on beers, fast food and starting training again. In 9 weeks I have have dropped 27 lbs just by making smarter choices on food, drinking water instead of wine or soda with my meals, and cutting out fast food. And I was a 3 time a week fast food guy at a minimum. It was freaking easy to cut out the fast food, the fried foods etc.

So lomg story short, I ain't buying the whole "addictive" foods crap. Now, off to quaff dwon plenty of beers and slam some pulled pig before the Richmond game. (another key for me..one day a week throw caution to the wind when it comes to nutrition)

Kudos to plenz. He didn't make any excuses for his unhealthy habits and just made a choice to stop putting crap in his body. It's probably not easy, but it's certainly made easier when you stop making every excuse in the book and just look in the mirror.

A very very few people might have genetic and physiological issues that make losing weight hard.

For everyone else its simply deciding to lose weight, its what i did. You take up two seats, you pay for two seats.

The planes should be outfitted with 2 oversize seats somewhere on the plane that are mainly used for obese passengers only. If there are no obese passengers on the plane then the seat can be used by others only after it is determined that there is no obese passengers on the plane. Kinda like how the larger stall is being used today for handicap people in bathrooms.

Do the specially designated obese seats come with a dunce cap? <_<

You only got the double cheeseburger? Do you really think the double cheeseburger is a better alternative?

McDonalds Nutrition chart

Double cheeseburger - 390 cal

large Diet coke - 0 cal

vs

Double Quarter Pounder w/ cheese - 740 cal

Large fries - 500 cal

Large Diet Coke - 0 cal

Yea, I think getting just a double cheeseburger and diet coke is the better option than what I would have normally ordered.

I worked with some poeple from England this past summer and a summer camp and one comment really stood out to me.

Him: "No wonder all these kids are overweight."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Him: "Your having dessert for breakfast" (a donut)

I always think twice before getting a donut before class now

Ya, like those crumpet eaters don't smear marmalade all over. <_<:ph34r:

The problem obviuosly with obesity is that the person is marked... That is: they look fat. And fat is "bad." Yet, the way people talk about drinking alchohol, one would think that would be worse... Yet, the skinny drunk flies under the social radar. Fat=bad!

French people would be shocked if people brought in donuts because they all like frilly girly foods like crescents and other supposedly fancy stuff like frog legs and snails. Plus they like to keep their image of being the rudest people on the planet so they never share.

LOL

frog legs for breakfast!!

You should read this book:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9042602711.html

The book mentions that in France, for example, people are shocked to hear that people bring donuts into a morning business meeting. Oliver, care to comment?

well at our office we have an unwritten rule that says you bring croissants for everybody (about for 20 people) the day of your birthday... so well while it is sure the french are eating healthier food than the american, we love some junk food too OIAW... and the number of overweight people while not at the levels of our neighbors, is growing at a very high pace.