LOST...Season 6

duey

I'll have a bit more later (i still think the ending will be Jack and Sawyer sitting on the beach, each having taken over (or have been forced to) the Jacob/MIB roles), but there are a couple of time discrepancies;

1. Richard wanted to go to the "New World" in 1867. By that time, the phrase "new world" would have long since left the lexicon of Europeans.

2. According to the ledger, the Black Rock last left port in 1845, lost at sea, and the ledger was discovered in 1852. How is the Black Rock still around in 1867 then?

It was a good episode, but they've got a lot of things to tie up in the final few episodes. I hope, like SDS said, that they dont simply let things like the Dharma initiative, and why the "others" are so important just hang in the wind.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that. Jacob gave Richard an a$$ whipping, yet Jacob just stands there and lets Ben stab him. We just haven't seen enough to figure out why, although it appears that Jacob may be more powerful or persuasive now that he's dead. But he is also putting all his faith in the remaining candidates as well.

The thing I don't understand is why Ben, but not Richard. I get the whole good/evil/making choices speech he gives, it's pretty much confirmed with Miles saying that right up until the end, Jacob hoped he was wrong about Ben. I am sure it was Jacob's plan because Jacob clearly wanted Ben and MiB to enter his "house", he said nobody comes in unless he lets them in. But again, it will probably be explained later.

Jacob beat Richard senseless because at that time....

he had none of his candidates on the island....

I think MIB cant be free until jacob and all of his candidates are dead

As a Green Day fan I can't say I really tie this song to LOST at all. Of course I've always felt this song was about looking back on a relationship that recently ended. Specifically it's looking back and remembering that while it was all for not that you did enjoy it in the moment and were somewhat surprised that it came to end. To me the great thing about LOST is that we all knew it was coming to an end and yes it's going to be tough when goes off the air the truth is it's all building to something whereas in Good Riddance (the actual title of the track as Time of Your Life is a subtitle) again didn't lead to anything.

I'm throwing out anything that's been explained about or by GD and just applying the lyrics --- the words themselves --- to LOST. For ***** and giggles, just imagine it being sung by Willy Nelson.

"Time grabs you by the wrist / Directs you where to go" = Jacob's touch "pushing" them all to the Island.

"So make the best / of this test" = It's been proffered many a time that the Island is a test, a place to make up for misdeed

"It's not a question / but a lesson learned in time" = We've all been spouting since the start about all the questions this show has created and either answered or not. The point of the show isn't about the questions or the whys of everything... in the macrocosm, it's about character development. It's about these people learning lessons... across time itself.

"It's something unpredictable / but in the end there's right / I hope you had the time of your life" = Their Island journey has been anything but predictable, but it's all been leading toward the thing that needs to be accomplished to, in Desmond's words (from Kelvin Inman's words (from Stuart Radzinsky's words)) do nothing less than "save the world." That seems an amiable "right" thing, no matter what you think about Congress or Hugo Chavez.

"Photographs and stillframes" = The Desmond and Penny picture in the Hatch, Sayid's of Nadia....

"Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial" = Jack's tattoo from Achera. Charlie's. Juliet's branding after her "trial."

"I hope you had the time of your life" = This is just a loaded sentence in terms of this show. So much meaning to the characters and to us, the viewers.

Just how I think of it.

I'm throwing out anything that's been explained about or by GD and just applying the lyrics --- the words themselves --- to LOST. For ***** and giggles, just imagine it being sung by Willy Nelson.

"Time grabs you by the wrist / Directs you where to go" = Jacob's touch "pushing" them all to the Island.

"So make the best / of this test" = It's been proffered many a time that the Island is a test, a place to make up for misdeed

"It's not a question / but a lesson learned in time" = We've all been spouting since the start about all the questions this show has created and either answered or not. The point of the show isn't about the questions or the whys of everything... in the macrocosm, it's about character development. It's about these people learning lessons... across time itself.

"It's something unpredictable / but in the end there's right / I hope you had the time of your life" = Their Island journey has been anything but predictable, but it's all been leading toward the thing that needs to be accomplished to, in Desmond's words (from Kelvin Inman's words (from Stuart Radzinsky's words)) do nothing less than "save the world." That seems an amiable "right" thing, no matter what you think about Congress or Hugo Chavez.

"Photographs and stillframes" = The Desmond and Penny picture in the Hatch, Sayid's of Nadia....

"Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial" = Jack's tattoo from Achera. Charlie's. Juliet's branding after her "trial."

"I hope you had the time of your life" = This is just a loaded sentence in terms of this show. So much meaning to the characters and to us, the viewers.

Just how I think of it.

I think it does correlate with LOST very well, but when you said that my fear was that they would actually play that song in the finale like all the other shows you mentioned, I cringed, ha. I'm sure they'll stick with the VERY AMAZING music already created for the show now. I would argue it's the best music ever done for T.V. show.

Your thoughts about the show coming to an end and how it's going to be sad, I do know, and I think I speak for all of us LOST fans, we will talk about it for a very, very long time. And debate the entire series storyline with anyone anytime for the rest of our lives.

Good end point yet one has to wonder if MIB needed Sayid and Sawyer dead why wouldn't he kill them when had the chance earlier?

Good end point yet one has to wonder if MIB needed Sayid and Sawyer dead why wouldn't he kill them when had the chance earlier?

Again...one has to wonder if MIB is unable to kill any of the candidates himself (rule of the game)...rather, someone else has to do it for him (as it was with Jacob).

That's not the question I posed, I was saying that he defended himself against Richard, but not Ben. Since you bring it up, didn't Jacob bring Richard to the island? And from the wall in the cave, I think it's clear that list of candidates continues to grow or else I think it would have been a more uniform list. But now that Jacob is "dead", there are only 6 remaining. I think by killing the remaining candidates, MIB will have an excellent chance of escaping, but it doesn't necessarily guarantee his "freedom".

Your thoughts about the show coming to an end and how it's going to be sad, I do know, and I think I speak for all of us LOST fans, we will talk about it for a very, very long time. And debate the entire series storyline with anyone anytime for the rest of our lives.

Hmm. I am a fan and have watched every episode. Two days after the show is over, I'll never care to discuss it again. I mean, the Sopranos ended several years ago and guess what: I don't care any more about what Meadow saw as she entered the restaurant.

2. According to the ledger, the Black Rock last left port in 1845, lost at sea, and the ledger was discovered in 1852. How is the Black Rock still around in 1867 then?

That's an interesting question. Maybe the ledger was a fake. Or a "faked" ledger was created in 1845 to hide it's use as a slave ship.

Or just a plot mistake. 90% of the supposed clues have been nothing more than...well...nothing.

Don't assume mistakes on something that big. Details like that are what they are for a reason. The timeline is something very carefully kept track of by the writers and the continuity person (yes, they have someone whose job it is to, for example, maintain a gun-count, who is where and at what time, etc. He was in the bonus features on the S1 DVD).

It could be subterfuge or possibly an effect of Island-time e.g. the body of the doctor floating ashore a few days before it happened. Perhaps that time delay could be years. We don't know. Be assured, there is more to come about the Black Rock.

Don't assume mistakes on something that big. Details like that are what they are for a reason. The timeline is something very carefully kept track of by the writers and the continuity person (yes, they have someone whose job it is to, for example, maintain a gun-count, who is where and at what time, etc. He was in the bonus features on the S1 DVD).

It could be subterfuge or possibly an effect of Island-time e.g. the body of the doctor floating ashore a few days before it happened. Perhaps that time delay could be years. We don't know. Be assured, there is more to come about the Black Rock.

To be fair, every production has this position. Some are just better than others.

It's pretty clear actually that this wasn't the Blackrock. The weather, the fact that the statue is whole, and this is when MIB says to Jacob that he will one day find a loop hole. By the time the Blackrock was brought to the island, he apparently had figured out what that loop hole is because that's when he tries to get Richard to kill Jacob for him.

Several minutes in, this Cuse & Lindelof podcast is saying that the S5 finale intro scene was the Black Rock and that the weather change seen in "Ab Aeterno" was sudden.

They also say that the S6 finale is titled... zero spoiler-age here.... "The End."

-----

Just a musing.... What is preventing MIB/Smoke Monster/FLocke from leaving the island via the Frozen Donkey Wheel? Since he has downloaded Locke's memories, stands to reason that he would know about the Orchid escape.

It's also funny how I've seen almost no references to the huge tree in the clearing where Richard buried Isabella's cross necklace. We've seen massive trees like this before, e.g. the one under which Tom and Kate buried the lunch box, toy airplane, tape recording. We could get Biblical here. The Island as Eden. MIB as Cain. Adam and Eve. ...

Several minutes in, this Cuse & Lindelof podcast is saying that the S5 finale intro scene was the Black Rock and that the weather change seen in "Ab Aeterno" was sudden.

They also say that the S6 finale is titled... zero spoiler-age here.... "The End."

-----

Just a musing.... What is preventing MIB/Smoke Monster/FLocke from leaving the island via the Frozen Donkey Wheel? Since he has downloaded Locke's memories, stands to reason that he would know about the Orchid escape.

It's also funny how I've seen almost no references to the huge tree in the clearing where Richard buried Isabella's cross necklace. We've seen massive trees like this before, e.g. the one under which Tom and Kate buried the lunch box, toy airplane, tape recording. We could get Biblical here. The Island as Eden. MIB as Cain. Adam and Eve. ...

As to the Black Rock comment, something is off about MIB and Jacob's conversations regarding MIB's desire to kill Jacob. If we are to assume, then, that they were observing the Black Rock on the beach in S5 finale, MIB's desire to kill Jacob seemed like it was old news to Jacob, as if they'd had the conversation a million times. However, after Richard actually tries to do it, when Jacob talks to MIB later in the episode, he seems taken aback that MIB attempted to kill him. The tones of the conversation don't really add up, unless, perhaps, Jacob didn't really believe MIB would ever go through with it and Richard's attempt kind of woke him up, or something.

As for the donkey wheel, something tells me MIB can't use it- if we are to assume that Christian Shepard = MIB [which we don't know for sure yet, but I think most assume that], then we know MIB has known about it for awhile, since it was Christian who told Locke what to do with it and what it would do. Thus, I think we should assume MIB can't use it for whatever reason.

As to the Black Rock comment, something is off about MIB and Jacob's conversations regarding MIB's desire to kill Jacob. If we are to assume, then, that they were observing the Black Rock on the beach in S5 finale, MIB's desire to kill Jacob seemed like it was old news to Jacob, as if they'd had the conversation a million times. However, after Richard actually tries to do it, when Jacob talks to MIB later in the episode, he seems taken aback that MIB attempted to kill him. The tones of the conversation don't really add up, unless, perhaps, Jacob didn't really believe MIB would ever go through with it and Richard's attempt kind of woke him up, or something.

Bingo! The realization of what he was now actually up against (rather than vague threats) prompted Jacob to give Richard the job of intermediary, and to start forming his Playing-20-moves-ahead plan in case MIB succeeded.

As for the donkey wheel, something tells me MIB can't use it- if we are to assume that Christian Shepard = MIB [which we don't know for sure yet, but I think most assume that], then we know MIB has known about it for awhile, since it was Christian who told Locke what to do with it and what it would do. Thus, I think we should assume MIB can't use it for whatever reason.

Well, yeah, that seems to be the case, but it's not explained why. (Big shock, that).

Also, as has been written, note that there seem to be two different Christian Shephards. Grunge Christian, whom MIB had evidently taken the form of, and Suit Christian, who appears to either be an undead (yet, not living) version. Suit Christian (complete with white tennis shoes), in a 'Mobisode' episode that showed the moments before Jack's eyes first opened in the pilot, said to Vincent, "I need you to go find my son. ... I need you to go wake him up. He has work to do."

. I don't get the vibe of Smokey with this version.

And this may have more merit since "The Lighthouse." Perhaps you noticed that the other images for the candidates showed the exact place where Jacob touched them. For 'Ford,' it was the church. For 'Kwon,' the place where they were married. For 'Shephard,' tho, it showed Christian Shephard's house. Not the hospital. Hmm.

I was watching the Enhanced version of "Recon" last week and noticed that when the enhanced subtitles at the bottom mentioned the sideverse it referred to it as "The World" but when it referred to the island goings on it called it "The Island story" You also are saying that the last episode is titled "The End". On top of that there are tons of storybook references. If the end of this turns out to be Christian Shephard telling a fairy tale to young David, I'll find both Lindelof and Cuse and cut their pinkies off.

Joking aside, it would be worse then when Dallas used a dream to explain who shot JR.

I know this is probably not the case but once again I'm just throwing a thought out there.

Anyone ever notice that the guy who says "Previously on Lost" sounds just like Christian Shephard?

I was watching the Enhanced version of "Recon" last week and noticed that when the enhanced subtitles at the bottom mentioned the sideverse it referred to it as "The World" but when it referred to the island goings on it called it "The Island story" You also are saying that the last episode is titled "The End". On top of that there are tons of storybook references. If the end of this turns out to be Christian Shephard telling a fairy tale to young David, I'll find both Lindelof and Cuse and cut their pinkies off.

Joking aside, it would be worse then when Dallas used a dream to explain who shot JR.

I know this is probably not the case but once again I'm just throwing a thought out there.

Anyone ever notice that the guy who says "Previously on Lost" sounds just like Christian Shephard?

I don't foresee a cop-out ending for this show.

Re: the "Previously on LOST" voiceover, there was speculation that it was Cuse, Lindelof, even Tim Daly who was bouncing around shows on ABC and now stars on "Private Practice." But it was revealed in '06 that it is Llyod Braun, the former ABC exec who conceived the idea of LOST, and was basically fired for it. Signing off on the $12M pilot episode was Braun's "final f--- you" to Disney/ABC, according to Lindelof and Cuse. The rest of the story. And yes, if you're wondering, the mentally unstable, lo-mein flavored gum chewer character on Seinfeld was named after him, too.

Christian: "The End"

David: "Yayyyyyy Grandpa read it again!!!"

(Black Screen)

LOST

:lol: