Wood

bills_red

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!! That ranks right up there with the worst sports injuries I've ever seen. The others were when Sid Vicious (the wrestler) snapped his ankle in two when he jumped off the 2nd turnbuckle to kick Scott Steiner in the chest, and McGahee's knee injury in college. I really hope Wood can play again. My prayers are with him & hopes he has a good recovery.

I'm not watching that...saw it on replay. Without gruesome details, was it his leg or knee? I just can't see that again.

when I saw it on the reply you KNEW his leg was broke.

Mods please take the vid off and put T.O. TD catch on or game highlights

It is really poor taste to watch this video again B-)

Wood's injury is devastating. He seemed to be playing well and was a building block for the future. Can he recover and play after this injury? Early, but it seems to be a legitimate question. How bad were Mitchell's and Butler's injuries? Will they be back for training camp and the pre-season next year?

This team will have a lot of holes to fill in the offseason, and the injury situation will make it that much more difficult. I have never seen so many injuries at this point in a season. Very depressing.

when I saw it on the reply you KNEW his leg was broke.

Mods please take the vid off and put T.O. TD catch on or game highlights

It is really poor taste to watch this video again :unsure:

Thanks for wanting to censor after you have seen it. Maybe some others would like to see it too?

guys, while not downplaying the severity of his injury, i'm pretty sure fractures are less serious/career ending than blown ligaments/knees. Junior Seau's arm looked like that a couple years ago and he played again the next year. If it is a fracture, and no veins were disrupted (serious blood loss etc) I wouldnt be surprised to see him play again next year.

Correct me if im wrong, but arent bone breaks more easily treated than blown knees?

hope he can come back and walk again

He will most likely be back. If not next year, then the following. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was early next year, he is a tough guy. Too bad, I thought he and Levitre were playing their best games of the season to that point.

The tough thing for the organization is that they used a first round pick to get him. The bright side is that he is a guard and if a replacement is necessary it doesn't mean that they probably have to use another high pick to do so. In fact, if Shanahan comes in and brings his old system with him, his history with interior lineman at Denver is that he can get good ones for his sytem on the second day of the draft.

BTW, if you believe in karma, a couple weeks ago there were a lot of people here who couldn't contain their joy when Jason Peters got rolled up on in that Dallas/Philly game. Don't hate the players.....