Tim Graham's timeline of FAILURE!

JÂy RÛßeÒ

They could have traded back to select Oher in a more desirable slot if they felt 8 was too high for him.

I know the jury is still out on Maybin, but if you can't even crack the starting lineup as a 10 ten pick, things don't look promising.

Jauron's comment makes me so mad. Oher was clearly the better NFL prospect coming out of college.

Yes, in hindsight it's all so obvious. Oher had a big neon sign over him that said "Can't Miss!" That's why Jason Smith, Andre Smith and Eugene Monroe all went in the top 10 and Oher went at #23.

PTR

They could have traded back to select Oher in a more desirable slot if they felt 8 was too high for him.

I know the jury is still out on Maybin, but if you can't even crack the starting lineup as a 10 ten pick, things don't look promising.

Good thing Maybin was the 11th pick then.

The problem with the Maybin pick was Maybin was considered to be raw talent and a project.

To the Bills, he was a luxury pick they could not afford. They needed help NOW, not 2-3 years from now.

"We went into the draft having discussed that after the trade of Jason, saying 'Do we feel like we have to have a tackle?' And I think we all agreed ... we're not going to stray far from our grades just to take a tackle," Jauron said.

"We felt like we have guys that can play there. So there's no sense in passing up a guy we think is significantly better at another position just to feel like we've plugged a number in. We weren't going to do that."

I think to disagree with this philosophically would be piling on. He's right.

The problem as usual - is that their grades were not very accurate.

If they had a QB it wouldn't matter who was at tackle.

You have this backward. If we had good tackles and a good line, we would be fine at QB.

As for the timeline, this, in a nutshell, explains our season. It all starts up front. The Bills "braintrust" was kidding themselves in the off season, and they are kidding themselves now.

If they had a QB it wouldn't matter who was at tackle.

Most teams have the tackle before the QB, see the Colts getting Tarrick Glenn (yes I know he's no longer in Indy) before Peyton Manning, the Saints getting Jammal Brown before Drew Brees, McKinnie before Favre, Flozell Adams before Romo. One of the few exceptions are the Patriots. That said I'll admit that I was one of those call for us to draft Oher instead of Maybin as far back as March.

You have this backward. If we had good tackles and a good line, we would be fine at QB.

As for the timeline, this, in a nutshell, explains our season. It all starts up front. The Bills "braintrust" was kidding themselves in the off season, and they are kidding themselves now.

This is why the entire coaching staff and front office needs an overhaul, they may as well be putting names in a hat and picking them out for all the good they have done the last 4 years.

He wasn't fine with protection vs. the Browns & 49ers last year. Why did he get worse as the running game got better?

I will count you among the people who have liked our offensive line over the past several years.

The Bills handling of this situation going all the way back to when they moved Peters from the right side to the left but did not address his contract at that point shows just how inept this organization has been. I do not wish to rehash the Peters saga again - simply want to point out that the Bills were stupid enough to think that they could pay RT money to a probowl LT and the situation went downhill from there.

This article is a failure by TG this time. Jauron dug his own grave though many lifeless press conferences, many unprepared teams he put on the field, and many a foolish decision while on the sidelines. Our OT positions didn't get Jauron fired, Jauron and his bumbling coaching mentality got him fired. Happy trails.

The problem with the Maybin pick was Maybin was considered to be raw talent and a project.

To the Bills, he was a luxury pick they could not afford. They needed help NOW, not 2-3 years from now.

True...

Another problem with the Maybin Pick is simply the fact that he's not a 4-3 End...

Even his staunchest supporter compared him to Jason Taylor who is a 3-4 OLB...His biggest critics thought he would be a MAJOR liability vs. The Run...Especially as a 4-3 End...

Raw, project, not playing in a Defense that fits his skills/build...Late to Camp...Recipe for success? Not so much...

Now all that still does not explain why the Bills have yet to find a way to use Maybin successfully in Passing situations...But I guess I digress on that one... :doh:

This article is a failure by TG this time. Jauron dug his own grave though many lifeless press conferences, many unprepared teams he put on the field, and many a foolish decision while on the sidelines. Our OT positions didn't get Jauron fired, Jauron and his bumbling coaching mentality got him fired. Happy trails.

Agree 100%...

The OT problems were only a part of it...A big part at times but only a part... :doh:

Hindsight is such an evil... unless it was predicted all along!

Ralph Wilson is spot on today w/ his comments, someone needs to look at the big picture... a football team is the sum of it's parts - but also fails at it's weakest link. I really don't know how much day to day involvement he has anymore - publicly it sounds like he doesn't, but only a few people know privately whether he pulls the puppet strings. Lots of fans like to toss blame around here - I've been one of 'em so I'm a hypocrite if I said otherwise... But, let's not dwell on the mistakes of the past and figure out the future.

The Bills are falling apart at the seams right now - and someone HAS to stop the bleeding. I hope it's our new HC. I don't think we have a front office right now though. They are panicked. Signing another young QB may help next year... but one way or the other we NEED to stabalize and stop being so wishy-washy. Unless we enjoy losing.

Now all that still does not explain why the Bills have yet to find a way to use Maybin successfully in Passing situations...But I guess I digress on that one... :doh:

Really! With his size and so-called athletic ability, why couldn't he be used like a Lawrence Taylor or, when he first got here, Cornelius Bennett. Geez, if he had 1/2 the career those two had, Maybin would be 3x better than any one else we drafted this decade