How Sam Bradford Goes To Buffalo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not worth the bother, but here you go:

While we continue to get tips on who the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills will be, they might have just signed their next starting QB. Then again, given what this recent signee has done so far in the NFL, expectations are remarkably low.

Via Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, we've learned that the Bills have signed Brian Brohm -- former second-rounder -- off of the Packers practice squad. Brohm was impressive enough as a collegiate, but has not been able to catch up to the NFL game yet. It'll be a nice pet project for offensive coordinator and former QB Alex Van Pelt for the rest of the season.

For now though, Bills interim coach Perry Fewell has picked Ryan Fitzpatrick to be the starter for Sunday. Although Trent Edwards was pegged to be Buffalo's quarterback of the future before this season, it appears Edwards' time is running out -- especially now that a new coaching regime is about to take form. If the Bills are encouraged by Brohm, perhaps he'll become the strong presence under center that's been elusive for so long (see the above list). If not, there's a killer draft class of QBs in the hopper:

Mel Kiper Jr.

Top 5 Senior QBs | 1. McCoy; 2. Pike; 3. Tebow; 4. LeFevour; 5. Brown

Top 5 Junior QBs | 1. Bradford; 2. Locker; 3. Clausen; 4. Snead; 5. Keenum

yup. and i highly doubt hell be able to put on the needed weight. hell get killed in the nfl

Im torn, one part of me thinks of him as injury prone and fragile. The other part of me thinks he looks a lot like a young Peyton Manning.

I wonder with his injury's this year he could take a plunge and be had late in the first round for a subsequent years pick?

Im torn, one part of me thinks of him as injury prone and fragile. The other part of me thinks he looks a lot like a young Peyton Manning.

I wonder with his injury's this year he could take a plunge and be had late in the first round for a subsequent years pick?

Yes, because mortgaging the future always plays out so well in the end...

he will get bigger in the nfl, hes going to be a great qb... hes not injury prone either he came back to early from his first shoulder injury.... look at what brees did after shoulder surgery, his arm got stronger and so will bradfords imo

Didnt he have some Concussion issues at some point?

Also, don't forget Jake Locker and Clausen.

This class is going to be the deepest in a while.

It does not make any difference. Unless and until we fix our offensive line, it does not make any difference who is back there.

Agreed. We'll be in a great position to grab one of (if not the) top offensive line prospects in this year's draft. Use the first rounder on an O-Lineman, then see who's available in the 2nd at the QB position. As has been noted before, this draft is considered to be one of the best in a looooooooong time so we'll have some options at the top of Round 2.

Agreed. We'll be in a great position to grab one of (if not the) top offensive line prospects in this year's draft. Use the first rounder on an O-Lineman, then see who's available in the 2nd at the QB position. As has been noted before, this draft is considered to be one of the best in a looooooooong time so we'll have some options at the top of Round 2.

That strategy hasnt exactly worked out for us in the past. See J.P./Edwards.

Our first pick NEEDS to be a QB.

I hope not! WAAAY too slight of a build. He wouldn't last a game.

Strong, accurate arm with a great throwing motion, but he needs 3-4 years in the weight room first.

joe ferguson weighed about 180 during his playing days--Mr.CHANDLER you should know better he threw lottsa passes to you.