Mike Shanahan comin to town

NCDAWG

isn't this a bad way to do Fewell?????? name him interim then immediately go out and talk to shanahan almost on the same day...shouldn't shanahan been contacted and named coach to begin with????

Only when Perry's defense can actually stop a runner, should we be concerned for his feelings.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please football gods.... we've suffered through Williams, Mularkey & Skeletor.

Shanahan would build an O-line and actually RUN THE BALL!

Bring the 3-4 back to Buffalo. 6 of the 7 front seven are already here:

DE- Stroud

DE- Williams/Kelsay

NT- draft in '10

OLB- Schoebel

OLB- Maybin

ILB- Poz

ILB- Mitchell

seriously!? u WANT to keep those players?

Another candidate on the Bills radar is Marc Trestman, coach of the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes,

Wasnt Marv in CFL as well not saying anything more

Conspiracy! This has got to be a marketing move to expand the team's reach further into Canada. Damn you Russ! :unsure:

So this would be pretty much the opposite of Mike Lombardi's "get friggin' huge guys" approach.

Small mobile O-line, small mobile LBs, super fast DEs...etc. Hope you "huge guy" lovers are prepared.

Dont confuse mobile OL with small OL - his system gets the most out of what he has. Also I read somewheres a while back that Shannahan was doing some HW on defensive football while taking the year off, and he noticed some short comings in his philosophy. He wont be coaching the D anyways - maybe we will go 3-4 (please please please).

Buy in haste, repent at leisure.

Shanahan was 8-8, 7-9, 9-7 in his final 3 seasons with DEN. Sound familiar? And the owner Bowen paid him off to get rid of him. IMO, Bowen was mainstream when it came to forking over the bucks for decent FAs. Shanny didn't lack there, AFAIK.

You do realize that no matter who we get, he will not have a winning record his final couple of seasons or they would still be employed. This is, of course, if we go with an established head coach in the NFL.

Didn't see this, but it seems much more speculative than having actually taken the steps to contact Shanahan.

schefter-all he does is speculate and offer what if scenarios from every angle. lets not get over excited here. so far we really know nothing other than the master nfl story spin artist is at it again.

everyone needs to learn, do not take anything Adam says seriously. He speaks in hypotheticals and spins them as facts. trust me......

Shanahan was 8-8, 7-9, 9-7 in his final 3 seasons with DEN. Sound familiar? And the owner Bowen paid him off to get rid of him. IMO, Bowen was mainstream when it came to forking over the bucks for decent FAs. Shanny didn't lack there, AFAIK.

Good coaches can have bad seasons, especially if they're in the same place for 14 years. A better argument against MS would be to figure out what his record is with and without John Elway.

schefter-all he does is speculate and offer what if scenarios from every angle. lets not get over excited here. so far we really know nothing other than the master nfl story spin artist is at it again.

everyone needs to learn, do not take anything Adam says seriously. He speaks in hypotheticals and spins them as facts. trust me......

Adam wrote a book with Mike Shanahan. I think he would have the inside scoop on the situation.

You do realize that no matter who we get, he will not have a winning record his final couple of seasons or they would still be employed. This is, of course, if we go with an established head coach in the NFL.

Yes - I do.

But like I posted - buy in haste, repent at leisure.

Cool heads should prevail. Plenty of time to take the long view, explore a lot of candidates.

he just said on NFL live that they have contacted Shanny and shanny is willing to listen to what the bills want to say.

Good coaches can have bad seasons, especially if they're in the same place for 14 years. A better argument against MS would be to figure out what his record is with and without John Elway.

He did a good job with Plummer at QB.

But you would also have to go into a lot of analysis regarding who they played during those seasons, where the wins and losses were, injuries, acquisitions, was weather a significant factor, and so on.

All that work is not for me to do - that's up to somebody that might wish to buy his services. :unsure:

I know I know...we need the perfect former NFL coach who has never been less then 10-6 and has at least 1 SB ring. Got it. :unsure:B-):rolleyes:

isn't this a bad way to do Fewell?????? name him interim then immediately go out and talk to shanahan almost on the same day...shouldn't shanahan been contacted and named coach to begin with????

You can't be serious? Forget Fewell, bring in a REAL coach.

He did a good job with Plummer at QB.

But you would also have to go into a lot of analysis regarding who they played during those seasons, where the wins and losses were, injuries, acquisitions, was weather a significant factor, and so on.

All that work is not for me to do - that's up to somebody that might wish to buy his services. :unsure:

He owns a career 6-3 mark against Belicheat and the Pats*.

+1 Shanahan

Should I be surprised that some people are critical of Shanahan right now?

We just went from 3.5 brutal years of Jauron to wondering whether Ralph would go the cheap coordinator route to the Bills likely having interest in a 2-time Super Bowl winning coach with a solid career winning percentage. I understand saying that they won't actually land Shanahan, but I don't understand saying it wouldn't be a good move if they actually did get him.

Except for Marty, who went 14-2 in his last year with SD.

How anyone can knock the idea of brining in a coach who has been to multiple playoff seasons.....multiple super bowls........offensive minded.....knows how to biuld offensive lines........etc etc at this point is beyond me.

Shanahan would be like jesus coming to Buffalo at this point.....the last winning coach we have had was Marv Levy?

(well....Wade Phillips did get us to a playoff game)

This would be similar to Santa Claus.

Ohhhhhh...

You better not pout

and don't have a cow

Don't cancel your seats

I'm tellin' you now...

Shanahan is coming to town!

He's making a list

asking for command

Givin' it to Ralph

with salary demands

Shanahan is coming to town!

:unsure:

PTR

I would imagine Shanahan would want to be the GM also. In saying that he would probably begin his GM role and evaluate everything, and begin coaching at year end.