Good news from Ed Kilgore

"But, there are reasons to think Ralph C. Wilson "gets it", and is actually willing to do "what it takes" to turn his sagging Bills franchise around. A source tells me C.O.O. Russ Brandon has already started the search for a respected football man to head up football operations, and that person would be in charge of bringing in the next head coach along with all other changes in the personnel department, and changes there will be."

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?...016&catid=4

"But, there are reasons to think Ralph C. Wilson "gets it", and is actually willing to do "what it takes" to turn his sagging Bills franchise around. A source tells me C.O.O. Russ Brandon has already started the search for a respected football man to head up football operations, and that person would be in charge of bringing in the next head coach along with all other changes in the personnel department, and changes there will be."

wow, that is great news. it makes sense they have to do someting to sell tickets next year.

You know, even though he's got to be pushing 70 by now...we DO have Buddy Nix already on staff. To me that's a no-brainer.

I think Nix would fit in Modrak's current job with a new head personnel guy...actually that sounds quite appealing to me.

How great would it be if they brought someone in before the season ended - hovering over the team like some grim reaper - discerning which 30% of the players are worth keeping and calling Modrak and Guy every morning at 6AM "Good morning! What have you done in the last 24 hours to make this team better?????"

How great would it be if they brought someone in before the season ended - hovering over the team like some grim reaper - discerning which 30% of the players are worth keeping and calling Modrak and Guy every morning at 6AM "Good morning! What have you done in the last 24 hours to make this team better?????"

I want THAT job. Especially if I get to carry a scythe.

I'd have that guy's children.

That's smart on several levels. One, unlike Donahoe, this shows that Brandon's ego isn't such that he thinks he is the end all be all for football. Secondly, he'll increase his knowledge base under this person and make himself attractive in the years to come. Finally, he ensures he keeps his job as Marketing COO and just has to relinquish football ops, leaving Guy at least twisting in the wind.

Remember, most of the personnel people will not be removed (if at all) until AFTER the draft. Too much work has been put in already for FAs and Srs/Jrs.

That's smart on several levels. One, unlike Donahoe, this shows that Brandon's ego isn't such that he thinks he is the end all be all for football. Secondly, he'll increase his knowledge base under this person and make himself attractive in the years to come. Finally, he ensures he keeps his job as Marketing COO and just has to relinquish football ops, leaving Guy at least twisting in the wind.

Remember, most of the personnel people will not be removed (if at all) until AFTER the draft. Too much work has been put in already for FAs and Srs/Jrs.

I have a feeling Ralph will hire Mike Holmgren to run the show. He will be President/GM and he will hire the next coaching staff and will oversee the re-shaping of the football operations.

I'm glad Brandon is involved in the search. He's not cut out to be GM, but if someone has to pick out next GM, I'd rather it was Russ Brandon's decision rather than Ralph Wilson's.

Russ is a marketing guy and he seems well aware that he's a marketing guy. That may mean he knows the Bills need a proven winner who can turn the football side around to sell the team. It's hard to get a "football guy" to pick another "football guy" to run a team

One line of thought is that even if we we go down the road that Ralph is a money grubbing bast*rd that they team needs to be a solid position when he dies as an organization for him to get top dollar. At this point, they're a budget team in the NFL. A top rate GM and staff would help get some more dollars in the bank when the team is sold.

The best part of that to me is that it probably means that Brandon will stick around.

I'm thinking that too. Since Schottenheimer, Shanahan, and Cowher may be available to come in very quickly If they want one of those guys it may happen. By elevating Fewell to HC they may have satisfied the clause about interviewing a black candidate. JMO

I'm thinking that too. Since Schottenheimer, Shanahan, and Cowher may be available to come in very quickly If they want one of those guys it may happen. By elevating Fewell to HC they may have satisfied the clause about interviewing a black candidate. JMO

Now I do have a question: If Perry is not retained after this year and he is a minority coach, are the Bills then obligated to interview another minority after having another minority HC?

I think Nix would fit in Modrak's current job with a new head personnel guy...actually that sounds quite appealing to me.

Amen, Erik.

That is my dream as well.

There have 2 more heads responsible for this decade of futility- Modrak and Guy.

2 more heads should roll...

Kilgore named the source on the 5:00 news as Jim Kelly