Okung, Clausen, and Suh Are Still On The Board

H2o

Who would you take? It's all imaginary of course, but we could be looking at a top 3 draft pick and this could be a distinct possibility(if Clausen even enters the draft this coming year). Do you take the best LT, QB, or DT in the draft? All of them could make an immediate impact IMO, but who is "the guy"? Okung could be the wall we need protecting our QB's blindside for years to come. Clausen could be the franchise QB we haven't had in almost 15 years. Suh could be a monster in the middle, the disruptive force that starts to help us actually plug the gaps up front as well as provide a pass rush from the center of the line. Now, more than ever, the Bills can't afford to miss on this draft pick. We need to draft a guy who will be a cornerstone for this organization, whether it be on offense or defense. Me personally? Wow, what a spot that would be. How do you justify the guys you don't take? OL stinks, but you pass on Okung? QB play has been horrendous around here for years, but you pass on Clausen? Our DL gets shredded every week by opposing RB's, but you pass on Suh? I'm an ND homer through and through, but this would be a tough selection because I love what the other two guys bring to the table. I say get our franchise QB and build around him usually, but I think I just might take Suh. What would you guys do?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you take? It's all imaginary of course, but we could be looking at a top 3 draft pick and this could be a distinct possibility(if Clausen even enters the draft this coming year). Do you take the best LT, QB, or DT in the draft? All of them could make an immediate impact IMO, but who is "the guy"? Okung could be the wall we need protecting our QB's blindside for years to come. Clausen could be the franchise QB we haven't had in almost 15 years. Suh could be a monster in the middle, the disruptive force that starts to help us actually plug the gaps up front as well as provide a pass rush from the center of the line. Now, more than ever, the Bills can't afford to miss on this draft pick. We need to draft a guy who will be a cornerstone for this organization, whether it be on offense or defense. Me personally? Wow, what a spot that would be. How do you justify the guys you don't take? OL stinks, but you pass on Okung? QB play has been horrendous around here for years, but you pass on Clausen? Our DL gets shredded every week by opposing RB's, but you pass on Suh? I'm an ND homer through and through, but this would be a tough selection because I love what the other two guys bring to the table. I say get our franchise QB and build around him usually, but I think I just might take Suh. What would you guys do?

What about the guy from Stanford?

What about the guy from Stanford?

What about him? Luck is a freshman, he is not coming out this year.

I would probably go with Okung. Get a good LT & you have the makings of a decent line that will look something like this. Okung/Levitre/Wood/Butler/Bell. That is not to bad taking into consideration wood/levitre/bell should be better next year.

I would probably go with Okung. Get a good LT & you have the makings of a decent line that will look something like this. Okung/Levitre/Wood/Butler/Bell. That is not to bad taking into consideration wood/levitre/bell should be better next year.

Bell is far too small and weak to play on the right side. Bad fit G Man. :( Butler is big and strong enough but we need to ask ourselves if his body will stand up to the punishment.

We have to address both OT spots and get a DT to begin to see the light.

Oh yeah.....and a couple of linebackers who weigh more than Roselyn Sanchez.

I dont think Bell will be in football next year. He probably should be because he might have some upside to him. But potentially being out the rest of the season the chances are he gets cut by the new regime (if that happens). They would probably keep Wood, Handy, Levitre and Butler. That to me is pretty solid with the exception of the LT which we desperately need, but a new coach might be able to make something out of no one or pick someone up in FA. That way we can still get the franchise QB.

It all means nothing unless we get a new coach though. You could put the best LT in the league (oh wait, we might have had him) and Payton Manning on this team and they might not got .500. The coaching staff is probably the worst in the league.

Id take a QB personally. We can find a serviceable LT or find one later in the draft, and we have Stroud for now and that should be enough while switching to a 3-4. Then I would probably pick LT with the 2nd pick, and a LB in every round until the draft is over with.

Clausen hands down. But, unfortunately he won't be there unless the Bills trade up. He's gonna go in the top 5 and maybe to Cleveland number 1 overall. I don't know, I guess I'd take Jake Locker. But Clausen is the prospect out of this draft. It's amazing that there are so many bad teams right now that the Bills aren't even gonna get a top 5 draft pick. We could end up in the 8-10 range again even with 4/5 wins. It's unbelievable that the Browns, Lions, Rams and Bucs all have only mustered 1 win. We can't even go down in flames the best.

Clausen hands down. But, unfortunately he won't be there unless the Bills trade up. He's gonna go in the top 5 and maybe to Cleveland number 1 overall. I don't know, I guess I'd take Jake Locker. But Clausen is the prospect out of this draft. It's amazing that there are so many bad teams right now that the Bills aren't even gonna get a top 5 draft pick. We could end up in the 8-10 range again even with 4/5 wins. It's unbelievable that the Browns, Lions, Rams and Bucs all have only mustered 1 win. We can't even go down in flames the best.

ya, I was just about to say that even with the Bills bad record they will still be looking at picking anywhere from 7 - 9 in the draft...Okung is who I'd take, but I think Lions grab him to protect Stafford..so next would be Trent Williams OT Oklahoma...not sure if hes top 10 quality tho, if not then I'd go for Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma ...then maybe Pike in round 2

Most likely candidate to fall to us is Okung and that's a stretch considering Detroit, Tampa, St. Louis, Oakland and possibly KC will be ahead of us in the draft. Being that Det & Tampa have rookie QB's this year and KC has Cassel and Thigpen (i think), they'll all be in the market for Suh, who is he best player in all of college football, or Okung. St. Louis and Oakland need a QB, St. Louis moreso than Oakland because, for some reason, they still have a hard on for Russell.

A new front office and coaching staff will be looking for their guy @ QB and it's likey that Locker & McCoy will fall to us, but I still like Tebow as I think he will have the best transition to the NFL out of all the QB's in the '10 draft...call me crazy...So, look for the Bills to take a DT or LB with their first pick. Gerald McCoy or Rolando McLain ar both Jr's but may be looking to cash in through an uncapped year and will probably declare. Brandon Spike would be a good pick to sure up our LB core and Derrick Morgan is a huge DE that is having a monster year consdering he has to deal with double teams allmost every down. One guy who's stock is rising and may garnish a first round pick at OT is Ciron Black from LSU...wouldn't mind him if we continue the youth movement on the o-line. We are, again, going into a draft that is pretty deep with our positions of need, and hopefully a "football guy" will be making player/personel decisions in '10. :(

How can you pass on Clausen? He might be the next Brady Quinn! :(

No question at all - if he's there, you take Okung.

Clausen's got a way better arm than Quinn but yeah, he hasn't been impressive in the second half of this season. I also have trouble getting past the fact that he looks like a spoiled brat.

If we pay an unproven rookie the kind of money that probowl peters wanted I will poop myself. It would be just like our front office to do something so idiotic. Why pay a budding young star who has made 2 probowls that kind of money? Let's give it to a rookie who has never played a game in the NFL.

If we are lucky maybe we can get another "Mike Williams"!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Suh is the only one of the three I would go for. I think if we don't get him we trade down and try to get another second round pick. There are some very good OT's and DT's late in the first round and the qb's left in the later second round (I think Case Keenum from Houston may come out and be available). We might walk into the third round with a stud Defensive Lineman an anchor at Left Tackle and a new qb. Nice start.

Most likely candidate to fall to us is Okung and that's a stretch considering Detroit, Tampa, St. Louis, Oakland and possibly KC will be ahead of us in the draft. Being that Det & Tampa have rookie QB's this year and KC has Cassel and Thigpen (i think), they'll all be in the market for Suh, who is he best player in all of college football, or Okung. St. Louis and Oakland need a QB, St. Louis moreso than Oakland because, for some reason, they still have a hard on for Russell.

A new front office and coaching staff will be looking for their guy @ QB and it's likey that Locker & McCoy will fall to us, but I still like Tebow as I think he will have the best transition to the NFL out of all the QB's in the '10 draft...call me crazy...So, look for the Bills to take a DT or LB with their first pick. Gerald McCoy or Rolando McLain ar both Jr's but may be looking to cash in through an uncapped year and will probably declare. Brandon Spike would be a good pick to sure up our LB core and Derrick Morgan is a huge DE that is having a monster year consdering he has to deal with double teams allmost every down. One guy who's stock is rising and may garnish a first round pick at OT is Ciron Black from LSU...wouldn't mind him if we continue the youth movement on the o-line. We are, again, going into a draft that is pretty deep with our positions of need, and hopefully a "football guy" will be making player/personel decisions in '10. ;)

Yeah, think if we are not in top 5, we take him or the best OLB. Unless, we have signed some FA linebackers by then.

Yeah, think if we are not in top 5, we take him or the best OLB. Unless, we have signed some FA linebackers by then.

Teams usually don't turn it around by drafting an olb. Maybe if the defense changed to the 3-4 and the olb was a pass rusher, but the first round if for talented big men and play makers. Line backers can wait till the later rounds.