12:30 Press Conference

DasNootz

Am I the only one that loves that the reporters don't care that there's an open mic right now? I'm pretty sure I heard the trems "double fisted" and "boner" thrown out already.

a female just asked "Is Dick coming out any time soon"... which brought on round of childish laughter.

For those who can't watch:

"Not optimistic" about Demetrius Bell's knee injury. Levitre didn't look bad in relief, so that's an option. Hope that Jonathan Scott returns to us as quickly as he can. Expect to bring in/look at some available guys -- even with everyone back, just 7 on the active roster "if the worst is true about DBell."

No significantly different thoughts on QB from yesterday. Still has confidence in TE. It hasn't gone the way we've liked, but we'll just keep going and try to get this thing righted.

No significantly different thoughts on QB from yesterday. Still has confidence in TE. It hasn't gone the way we've liked, but we'll just keep going and try to get this thing righted.

Am I the only one that hears, "It didn't go the way we wanted, but oh well life sucks."?

Sideline flareup: I've seen so many of those. It's not unusual. But because it's him, it always gets blown up.

False start penalties a function of youth and inexperience.

And that's it.

(Those are all paraphrased unless I actually used quotation marks, btw. Some of them are close, but I'd want to recheck the tape before attributing them for print.)

Sideline flareup: I've seen so many of those. It's not unusual. But because it's him, it always gets blown up.

I agree 100% = Lee Evans was right in the middle of that blow up too - flappin' his gums and no one has made any mention of it.

False start penalties a function of youth and inexperience.

Look at that, and at every other paraphrase you've provided here, and answer me this: Why is it that every time Jauron is asked about a problem he gives an answer that basically says "I have no control over what happens"?

Loser mentality.

SO basically, more "coach speak" drivel from our comatose - face of the franchise head man. I really can't stand this, but i understand why RW and Brandon are keeping him around. From a business standpoint, it will make such a larger impact on fan excitement and ticket sales (or renewals) to fire him after the season and build a marketing campaign around the new regime.

I agree 100% = Lee Evans was right in the middle of that blow up too - flappin' his gums and no one has made any mention of it.

Evans? We saw Reed. Sal asked me about it during the game -- they couldn't see it from the press box -- so I told him that it looked like whatever was going on, JR had TO's back, but Gannon (who was all over Owens even before he started pouting at the end of the game) didn't bother mentioning that on the broadcast. Then, of course, they asked him about it in the postgame and got the "we were trying to get everyone on the same page" reply.

Look at that, and at every other paraphrase you've provided here, and answer me this: Why is it that every time Jauron is asked about a problem he gives an answer that basically says "I have no control over what happens"?

Loser mentality.

No comment. Wait, I take that back. Here's something I wrote last month, and recapped in a different thread last night:

They can talk about youth and injuries all they like -- but trading Peters, deciding the Walker/Butler combo would be an adequate replacement, not adding another OT via draft/free agency, lopping Walker off the roster, and signing yet another rookie following Butler's injury were all conscious actions on their part.

Am I the only one that hears, "It didn't go the way we wanted, but oh well life sucks."?

I get that too. :(

Well said.

Sincerely,

Captain Edward J. Smith - RMS Titanic

:wallbash:

Loser mentality.

Too true. :lol:

From Lori's post;

They can talk about youth and injuries all they like -- but trading Peters, deciding the Walker/Butler combo would be an adequate replacement, not adding another OT via draft/free agency, lopping Walker off the roster, and signing yet another rookie following Butler's injury were all UNconscious actions on their part.

Fixed! :( No need to thank me! :lol:

No comment. Wait, I take that back. Here's something I wrote last month, and recapped in a different thread last night:
They can talk about youth and injuries all they like -- but trading Peters, deciding the Walker/Butler combo would be an adequate replacement, not adding another OT via draft/free agency, lopping Walker off the roster, and signing yet another rookie following Butler's injury were all conscious actions on their part.

And that is an appropriate epitaph for this season.

I don't know of too many industries or companies where management would still have a job after this type of performance. Similarly, I don't know of any company owners who would still maintain control of their companies after a spectacular 10-year slide in performance.

Wilson ought to be thanking Jones & Kraft for his recent good fortune.

Something I forgot to mention: high-ankle sprain for Youboty. Since it's already mid-November, he may not make it back this year (my speculation).

Jesus. :( I like the guy, when he actually plays...but Youboty spends more time healing than BF does cooking.

Seems like there are quite a few people getting upset with dJ over the same things week after week. If it frustrates you so much, why do you pay attention? I don't mean to offend, but what would make you think he is ever going to behave differently?

The next press conference I'll pay attention to is the one announcing DJ is fired. The only way I'll be upset after that is if the coaching staff is the only group fired. If Russ Brandon isn't gone (or demoted at the least) along with a few more goons from that crew, then I'll be upset.

Something I forgot to mention: high-ankle sprain for Youboty. Since it's already mid-November, he may not make it back this year (my speculation).

I thought he was already injured. Hmmm. See I guess I did learn something new out of the PC.