Something bad happened today :(

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :(

I,m going to go to next weeks game in Jacksonville to meet with my sons.One son lives there and my youngest is in the army and a Jacksonville Fan.I could care less now about the Bills they suck and I am really getting sick of supporting a team who,s owner doesn't even appear to support them.I will follow them but I am sure not going out of my way for them until I see some improvements.

All opinions are subject to change

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :(

You're a little late. This happened to be about the 10th game of last season.

I love this team, having followed them for almost 40 years, but your post hit the nail right on the head for me as well. I've become a disinterested observer the last few weeks. I'm not sure when that happened, but it has and it's really sad. I'll keep watching, but Jauron's ineptness and the team's just pitiful on-field performances have really sucked the life out of my fandom. I'll always love the Bills and will watch every game, but I just feel like my "fan soul" has been ripped from my body by the assclowns that run this team right now.....

I agree 100%. I don't even care anymore. My entire life I've looked forward to Sundays and watching the Bills. When I lived out of the area for a while I would go to bars and watch every week.

I think the FO is playing with fire. I know lots of Bills fans who feel the same way. How many will never care again? This is such a mess.

I will always follow and support the Bills, but my interest is entirely clinical at this point. My feelings really cannot be hurt. I am not enthused or passionate about the games. Instead I problem solve. I know before the game begins that I will be looking at a thing that that is badly broken and underperforming. The challenge is to understand every aspect of a complicated problem: the continuing interest is in seeing if those in charge will or can do anything about it. I do believe that it is impossible for things to continue in this way and indeed they are so bad that they can only eventually get better. The end of tragedy is comedy and vice versa. It is an inevitable cycle.

I feel sorry for anyone associated with this team, players, coaches, fans, who has not managed to achieve stoic indifference.

Wow. me; I just am working on documenting all my most creative and vulgar outbursts. My wife feels I'm becoming too invested in something I cannot change and should get another hobby. Yesterday I began to kill things on the computer. I wonder if I can sue the bills for crushing my spirit and robbing my life of joy.

Happened to me too but I think it was during the Miami game. I just don't feel excited about a good drive or disappointed in a blown opportunity. I used to tell my ex-GFs that the day I stop feeling possessive about you is when you know I stopped loving you. Unfortunately for me, I am so attached to the Bills that I cannot dump them.

This year will be the first time since 1990 that I have not attended a Bills game; I didn't even care to watch the game, instead I played the new Mario Bros game for the Wii...while watching the Texans game, I realized that I had no care or emotion or anything...it was just sad...

since the Cleveland game I have been almost completely disinterested. You are right. The Bills score, I feel nothing. Tennessee scores, oh well.

They need to napalm the front office for me to care again, and Russ Brandon cant be anywhere near te football department. The fact that he is our "acting GM" is the biggest joke in history, played on us the fans.

I can only hope that with all of us not caring, that none of you goes and buys season tickets next season unless real regime change occurs (and regime change is NOT defined as signing Michael Vick).

This will be my last season of Sunday Ticket until we have a new front office, scouting department, and coaching staff.

Nah Mike.....you are simply numb.

I hear you...

The Bills will be 200 miles from me next Sunday. I can get tickets for next to nothing, have a free place to crash, etc. Furthermore, my college team has a bye week, so no other football games to hold my interest. I'm not going...I just don't care. Only reason I logged on here was to see what the final score was, as I haven't paid attention to the NFL in the last several weeks.

I'm with you dude - I made the trek to Jacksonville the last three years ( last year was great!) but I will not spend another dime on this team until they get their act together. I just don't care.........I love the Bills but this is completely unacceptable.

Same thing here. I end up laughing. It is a coping mechanism.

Seriously, how can the fans be smarter than the people who get paid to do this? It is actually funny how bad russ brandon is. He should go to hell. It makes me laugh, not cry, how bad this front office is. DJ's gametime decisions are actually funny! Really, how much more of a joke could it be?? So I laugh.

Fans are not smarter. According to the Sporting news revenue profiles the Bills organization is raking in a 20%+ margin on a consistantly below average product... That's brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Though the feeling for me has been slower, the excitement of Sunday afternoons and watching my team has also faded. I live out of the market, and invest each year in the Sunday NFL Ticket. It has hit me in the past few weeks that, in a round-about way, my financial support is actually endorsing the "product" my team puts on the field. And, I feel terrible about that.

After enjoying "The Ticket" for nine seasons, I'm done. No more $ to the league or to the Bills. No more Bills shirts/hats/etc. No more. I'm done. If it fits into my schedule, I'll listen to the radio or perhaps watch a game if by chance it's on my local station, but that's it. Until there are sweeping changes to what used to be my favorite team, AND, the results start showing consistently on the field, my money and time will be spent elsewhere. It is sad...