Where have all the Cutler lovers gone?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleah, I sure don't want this Turkey. NFL-worst 17 interceptions in all. The guy is just a tease. He's got some talent, but can't put it together. I really don't know why so many people were crying for him.

I know our QB situation is bad, but he's little improvement.

it's so easy to say something like this after the fact... :blink:

Bleah, I sure don't want this Turkey. NFL-worst 17 interceptions in all. The guy is just a tease. He's got some talent, but can't put it together. I really don't know why so many people were crying for him.

No protection and bad WR's kill any QB.

I'm right here & I'm still crying for him!

I'll take it you don't watch much football?

Chicago has one skill guys on offense and he's a TE.

Knox is a burner and project at WR.

Hester is a DB turned WR that excels at punt returning and nothing else.

Olsen is a legit TE receiving threat. The rest of that offense is young.

This guys cannon right arm at the Ralph throwing to T.O. and Lee would have been worth the price of admission.

This post sums up the Bills' problems for the last ten years. In the 90's, the scouting department and the coaching staff routinely turned low round draft picks and free agent pickups into quality starting O-linemen. And the same for the front seven on defense. Every year, someone from the 5th or 6th round would become a starter or quality backup. Or they'd pick up a free agent. Until the organization develops a system for doing that again, the Bills will continue to be mediocre.

Every quality team in the league has a system that works in these two critical areas. It starts with the front office, scouting department and coaching staff.

What you see with Jay Cutler in Chicago is what you would get if he, or any other QB had came into Buffalo to supposedly be an upgrade.

You guys gotta realize the Bills have a horrid O line that can't sustain a running game nor protect the QB properly. They have an equally horrid offensive system that fails to get the ball into the WR's hands enough.

I'm hoping that Wilson hires a coach with a west coast background to completely overhaul the offensive system...at some point.

Still, Cutler is 4th overall in passing yards and Edwards is 30th, but I doubt Cutler could throw while sitting on the sidelines with a concussion...

Guest dog14787
What you see with Jay Cutler in Chicago is what you would get if he, or any other QB had came into Buffalo to supposedly be an upgrade.

You guys gotta realize the Bills have a horrid O line that can't sustain a running game nor protect the QB properly. They have an equally horrid offensive system that fails to get the ball into the WR's hands enough.

I'm hoping that Wilson hires a coach with a west coast background to completely overhaul the offensive system...at some point.

Still, Cutler is 4th overall in passing yards and Edwards is 30th, but I doubt Cutler could throw while sitting on the sidelines with a concussion...

Good Post rabbit,

Jay Cutler kind of reminds me of JP Losman and before Cutler fans start freaking out, I think Cutlers very talented and I also feel the same way about JP Losman. The great job Jim Fassell is doing with Losman has shown amazing results in a very short time and it wouldn't surprise me to see JP Losman get another shot at the NFL again.

Good Post rabbit,

Jay Cutler kind of reminds me of JP Losman and before Cutler fans start freaking out, I think Cutlers very talented and I also feel the same way about JP Losman. The great job Jim Fassell is doing with Losman has shown amazing results in a very short time and it wouldn't surprise me to see JP Losman get another shot at the NFL again.

Brooks Bollinger has significantly better stats than JP does in the UFL.... And Bollinger was cut by the Lions this year.

Good Post rabbit,

Edwards SUCKS.

Cutler is a LOSER.

Losman SUCKS & he was a LOSER.

A LOSER like Cutler (or Bledsoe, Fergy) will always fool the non-savvy fans into thinking that he may actually be something special. Then, at the worst possible moments, he will make critical errors causing his team to lose.. even if/when he is surrounded by superior talent/coaching. At least with SUCK QBs, (almost) everyone can agree to find someone else & not waste any more time.

I've been sticking to my guns for a long time on Cutler: HE SUCKS. I've been saying it the past 3 seasons, even as most of the media was hyping the guy up hardcore. He became a great fantasy QB, so the hype began, but when it comes to winning and heading a team he's miserable.

Like others have said the guy has never had a winning record, not in highschool, not in college, not in the NFL. I don't care how bad his teams were. Even a bling squirrel finds a nut once in a while I watched the guy totally stink up Mile High with a playoff berth on the line versus the lowly Buffalo Bills last season. His non chalant decision making on the field is inexcusable and he will never amount to anything more than a very average, inconsistent QB.

BTW the debate as to who you'd rather have on your team seems foolish, because neither of them has the ability to get you to the playoffs, which should be the goal every season. It's like debating who the better Tight end is, Schouman or Fine. Most would probably say Schouman, but what does it really matter? They both suck.

Who would have guessed thaqt Kyle Orton was the better of the 2 qbs.

Wow did Denver make out in THAT trade.

lol...lets see, Orton was terrible in Chi and solid in Denver...Cutler was pretty good in Den and struggling in Chi...whats the common denominator here? CHICAGO...they have no offense, no O Line, no recievers...so do you think the sheer lack of offensive talent on that team and much higher level of offensive talent in Denver is truly the reason Denver looks like it has the better QB?

One more point...Cutler crushed Ortons stats while he was in Denver...the difference in their records while in Denver is this...DEFENSE. When Cutler was in Den, their defense couldnt stop a high school offense. This year, with a much improved D, they suddenly are winning some games (although they should have lost week 1 as they won on a fluke play on the last play of the game). Denver is not as good as their record, and their offense is pedestrian under Orton. If they had this D and Cutler, they would be a LOT more dangerous.

Guest dog14787
Brooks Bollinger has significantly better stats than JP does in the UFL.... And Bollinger was cut by the Lions this year.

The way its shaping up, If all goes well for Losman he might be going head to head with Bollinger in the UFC championship game I hope.

The Florida Tuskers have a good football team, they might even beat some of the worse NFL teams.

I've been sticking to my guns for a long time on Cutler: HE SUCKS. I've been saying it the past 3 seasons, even as most of the media was hyping the guy up hardcore. He became a great fantasy QB, so the hype began, but when it comes to winning and heading a team he's miserable.

Like others have said the guy has never had a winning record, not in highschool, not in college, not in the NFL. I don't care how bad his teams were. Even a bling squirrel finds a nut once in a while I watched the guy totally stink up Mile High with a playoff berth on the line versus the lowly Buffalo Bills last season. His non chalant decision making on the field is inexcusable and he will never amount to anything more than a very average, inconsistent QB.

BTW the debate as to who you'd rather have on your team seems foolish, because neither of them has the ability to get you to the playoffs, which should be the goal every season. It's like debating who the better Tight end is, Schouman or Fine. Most would probably say Schouman, but what does it really matter? They both suck.

Then you watched a totally different game than me.

I saw Cutler throw for 359 yds, rush for 2 TDs, throw 1 INT, complete passes to 7 different receivers, and come within 1 deflected pass into the end zone from leading a comeback victory against Buffalo (who ranked 13th in the NFL against the pass last year). Denver also outgained Buffalo 532-275.

Oh, and by the way, here are Cutler's 2009 NFL rankings:

4th in yards

13th in comp. %

T-9th (with Big Ben, Rivers, Palmer) in TD passes with 14 (3 behind Brees/Schaub for 1st)

T-6h in completions for a 1st down

1st in # completions over 20 yards

I'm not saying he's having a great year, but man I sure wish Buffalo had a QB that could "stink up" RWS like that!

I would rather have my QB throw some picks trying to make something happen rather than waiting in the pocket with happy feet expecting the sack. trent has to grow a set and let it rip and trust his receivers. This match up with the Titans has to be considered the Bay of Pigs game of the week? Although last nights 49ers -vs- Bears was a real struggle to watch.

Well, those 4,000 + yards he threw for Denver last year sure looked awful good to me. The guy came into a brand new offense without a Brandon Marshall - it's only 9 games in, give him a chance. It's not his fault the Bears running game has gone south on him with Forte having a sophomore jinx season.

Anyway, back in 2006, when Marv Levy reached for Donte Whitner to "build his defense from the middle out", as he so eloquently explained, I still wish he would have drafted Cutler, still on the board, instead.

So here I am, one of the Cutler "lovers", responding to your call out.

Let's be real here, Cutler is better than Edwards, but he's not as good as the hype surrounding him.

He's a perennial loser, terrible attitude, and makes bone head mistakes when his team needs him most.

There is no doubt what so ever, that Denver got the better of the trade. Orton won when he was in Chicago and he is winning in Denver, AND they received a first rounder this year, ANOTHER first rounder in 2010 and A THIRD ROUNDER in 2010.

I've been saying this for a while now, that he was overrated, and also said that Denver got the better of the deal, contrary to popular opinion.

Everyone was ragging on McDaniels, and how he ran Cutler out of the town. Now look who's on top, and laughing.