Brian Billick-2010

Estelle Getty

Mr. Brian Billick.

Everything Dick Juaron isnt. Hard on his players. A proven winner (85-67). Has a Super Bowl Ring. Just the kind of coach we need. Give up on your pipe dreams of Shanahan or Cowher. (we would never pay them/they would never come to Buffalo.)

Brian Billick I believe would actually come to Buffalo. He is a great coach with a Super Bowl Ring, and would be fairly inexpensive. In my opinion hands down are best and most realistic option.

Mr. Brian Billick.

Everything Dick Juaron isnt. Hard on his players. A proven winner (85-67). Has a Super Bowl Ring. Just the kind of coach we need. Give up on your pipe dreams of Shanahan or Cowher. (we would never pay them/they would never come to Buffalo.

Brian Billick I believe would actually come to Buffalo. He is a great coach with a Super Bowl Ring, and would be fairly inexpensive. In my opinion hands down are best and most realistic option.

Sounds like he has quite an ego too.

I got Gruden no. 1 and Billick no. 2. I've always been all about Billick. Let's face it, Cowher aint happenin. I'd take Billick over Holmgren anyway, maybe even Shanahan. Bottom line, he's got a Super Bowl ring and he grabs his players by the facemask and yells in their face. A lot like Dick Jauron. not.

Im sorry but I had to give a logical dose of reality to this board. Cowher ain't comin, Shanahan anin't comin, Gruden ain't comin. Billick will come.

Besides after listening to Gruden on MNF he is clearly a meat-head. I recall in preseason he did not even know the down by contact rule. He is just a Rah Rah guy who players either love or hate, much like fat boy Rex Ryan.

BRIAN BILLICK 2010 :pirate:

Im sorry but I had to give a logical dose of reality to this board. Cowher ain't comin, Shanahan anin't comin, Gruden ain't comin. Billick will come.

Besides after listening to Gruden on MNF he is clearly a meat-head. I recall in preseason he did not even know the down by contact rule. He is just a Rah Rah guy who players either love or hate, much like fat boy Rex Ryan.

BRIAN BILLICK 2010 :pirate:

I agree with what you've said above, but it's worth noting: Brian Billick is the offensive Gregg Williams.

He had a hot combo in Culpepper/Moss.

Then he struck gold with the league's greatest defense.

Good coach, yes. Smart guy, definitely. Ego, Lordy! Perhaps even more arrogant than Greggo.

I'm also reminded of the burned timeout before a failed 4th down attempt that would have otherwise ended the 2007 Patriots' winning streak...Jauron haters hate them an untimely time out!

I agree with what you've said above, but it's worth noting: Brian Billick is the offensive Gregg Williams.

He had a hot combo in Culpepper/Moss.

Then he struck gold with the league's greatest defense.

Good coach, yes. Smart guy, definitely. Ego, Lordy! Perhaps even more arrogant than Greggo.

I'm also reminded of the burned timeout before a failed 4th down attempt that would have otherwise ended the 2007 Patriots' winning streak...Jauron haters hate them an untimely time out!

All you have to know is Superbowl Ring. O and coaches who have coached under him:

Mike Smith, Atlanta Falcons

Mike Singletary, San Francisco 49ers

Jack Del Rio, Jacksonville Jaguars

Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals

Rex Ryan, New York Jets

Mike Nolan, San Francisco 49ers

Billick would be my 5th choice to come here. My top guy is Gruden I think what he did in Oakland plus that run in Tampa (Even if towards the end he wasn't spectacular) are enough of a proven winning track record (Super Bowl Ring helps) to hand him the reigns to the organization. I like the fact that Gruden is exactly everything DJ isn't 1- Gruden is an offensive guy this team needs one of those 2- Gruden gets in his players faces and isn't afraid to yell but doesn't over do it like Rex Ryan.

Second guy on my list Russ Grimm. If we are going the coordinator route I go with this guy. 1- Everything DJ isn't (Pretty much the first 2 things Gruden is) 2- He was one of 2 guys the Steelers wanted to take over for Cower (He missed by a nose Tomlin got the job some say it was the Rooney Rule but I just think they like him just a little bit more) if a organization like the Steelers loved the guy you know he is good (And as soon as he could Ken Wisenhunt took him over to Arizona where he is OC on a pretty good offense).

Either one of those two and I would be happy. One thing is for sure you need a guy who is the opposite of DJ and offensive guy who can light a fire under his players and has a winning track record even if only as a coordinator.

Billick might fit that but I just think that this guy who is suppose to be an offensive guru wasn't able to ever build an offense in Baltimore even with plenty of time to stock up on talent and coach up players. If we hired Billick I wouldn't be against it but I wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy either.

Mr. Brian Billick.

Everything Dick Juaron isnt. Hard on his players. A proven winner (85-67). Has a Super Bowl Ring. Just the kind of coach we need. Give up on your pipe dreams of Shanahan or Cowher. (we would never pay them/they would never come to Buffalo.)

I was never impressed with Billick as a coach. Ossie Newsome on the other hand, is one of the best talent evaluators in the league and a major reason the Ravens have been so strong (especially defensively) all these years.

Marv was a mediocre coach when he came to Buffalo, but Pollian built a great team for him to work with.

In other words, a teams success has a lot to do with the talent brought to the team by the GM.

Jim Hasslet will be are next coach.. If I am wrong I will leave this board forever. Anybody want to take that wager. Negotiations are already in progress I'm sure.

I'll take that! Lets see, if you are wrong you are gone forever. If you are right, you will...still be here to run your trap about how you were right?

Mr. Brian Billick.

uh, NO!

Never liked the guy. Too much ego. Can't stand him.

My list is still: Gruden, Holmgren, Shanahan, and Shottenheimer.

My darkhorse would be Dungy.

Now, Shanahan would most likely be headed to Dallas or Washington. Dungy would probably not come out of retirement with Brandon, Modrak, and Guy running the show.

Gruden is intriguing, but I think he will have free reign to patiently field offers and decide what is best for him. I don't see Gruden leaving the warm confines of a southern team, though.

That would leave Holmgren and Shottenheimer. I have a feeling that when Holmgren was stating he wanted to coach on the east coast, he was referring to the the Bills. I know, I'm dreaming. But Walsh was high on Edwards before we drafted him. He saw him as a good QB who could fit in a West Coast-style of offense. Now, both Holmgren and ultimately Gruden hail from that system. I could see Holmgren happy with Buffalo if the front office was cleared out and he had more of say.

If Holmgren did not work out, Shottenheimer would be a perfect fit for this club. He is proven to get teams playing hard and atleast making the playoffs on a consistent basis. He, too, has a no nonsense attitude that holds players accountable and would be something that this Bills team desperately needs. He is familiar with the Bills organization and Ralph Wilson as having been a former player. And he would most likely come at a relative bargain considering the other higher profile names that are out there. Finally, Marty-ball is a perfect fit for the cold weather, late November/ early December Buffalo Bills. Grounding and pounding in the cold. Talk about wearing down a defense.

This could all change, of course, if Jeff Fisher were to be fired. But with the Titans set to get on a roll (and win again this Sunday), I'm starting to think about Fisher being on the hot seat may be a tad premature.

So, I'm for Holmgren or Shottenheimer.

Jim Hasslet will be are next coach.. If I am wrong I will leave this board forever. Anybody want to take that wager. Negotiations are already in progress I'm sure.

I remember reading somewhere that Ralph and Jim Haslett had a falling out years ago and that Haslett will not be the Bills head coach as long as Ralph is the owner.

We need a coach that can beat Bellichick. I am not sure Billick is that guy. I would take Shanahan since he has a track record against the Pats. His team can always run the ball and has great OL. I like that too.

Gruden won the Superbowl with Tony Dungy's Tampa two defense. Even he admitted to that. He was a mess in Oakland. I think he is overrated.

Cowher is a shouting, hard nose coach. He is probably the best game day coach. I think the Bills should still try to get him, even the answer maybe a "No". He is the best coach available.

Holmgren may have given up coaching all together. Even if he wants to coach again, he may not be very effective with fixing the mess we have in Buffalo.

IMHO, it is more important to fix the front office. Hiring a real GM will be the first priority.

I am still going to hold fast to my theory that the Bills will not go out and pay big money for a big name. The next coach will be some assistant from a mildly successful team this year (it would be MM or Greggo but we already went there).

I bet Ralphie goes for a guy like Mike Nolan from the Donkeys.

I will take a lap around my Cul de Sac butt naked if RW hires Holmgren, Shanny, Gruden, Cowher and ponies up the cash to do so......it ain't happenin'

I do like Billick's commentary and game analysis of the games that I have watched with him in the booth.