Michelle's 26 Servants

BillsNYC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a Presidential administration supports and enacts very questionable policies, you invite the scrutiny through a microscope.

At least they're leading by example.

Sure we're in the greatest economic craphole since the Great Depression. Sure 16 million Americans are out of work and unemployment is at its highest rate in 23 years. Sure we're told that millions of people are facing financial ruin because they don't have health care. Sure terrorists are killing Americans in Texas. Sure the dollar is plunging, gold is off the charts, and our deficit is buzzing to such ridiculous levels that even the Chinese are telling us to stop spending...BUT...don't let that keep you from spending money you don't have for services you don't need, because the only way out of our debt is to spend, baby, spend.

At least they're leading by example.

Sure we're in the greatest economic craphole since the Great Depression. Sure 16 million Americans are out of work and unemployment is at its highest rate in 23 years. Sure we're told that millions of people are facing financial ruin because they don't have health care. Sure terrorists are killing Americans in Texas. Sure the dollar is plunging, gold is off the charts, and our deficit is buzzing to such ridiculous levels that even the Chinese are telling us to stop spending...BUT...don't let that keep you from spending money you don't have for services you don't need, because the only way out of our debt is to spend, baby, spend.

Speaking of the Chinese. Check out obama burning.

http://www.examiner.com/x-14143-Orange-Cou...urning-ManObama

See: left-wing c 2000-2008

I don't remember anyone talking about Laura Bush's staff. I never even thought about it. It's the peculiar hypocrisy of the wingnuts that family's off-limits (except for Democrats) and that people should be more tolerant (of conservative peccadillos).

I guarantee if the Obamas walked into the White House and 2 hours after the inauguration fired half the staffers because they felt they were overstaffed, the wingnuts would be screaming about the layoffs.

Why don't you B word about the Holiday Tree instead? Now THERE is a real issue for you to worry about.

I don't remember anyone talking about Laura Bush's staff. I never even thought about it. It's the peculiar hypocrisy of the wingnuts that family's off-limits (except for Democrats) and that people should be more tolerant (of conservative peccadillos).

I guarantee if the Obamas walked into the White House and 2 hours after the inauguration fired half the staffers because they felt they were overstaffed, the wingnuts would be screaming about the layoffs.

Why don't you B word about the Holiday Tree instead? Now THERE is a real issue for you to worry about.

Bull. I seem to remember quite a bit of bile from you toward Jenna and Laura Bush.

And I hate the "holiday" tree. Either make it about Christ (It's CHRISTmas after all) or don't do it at all.

Bull. I seem to remember quite a bit of bile from you toward Jenna and Laura Bush.

And I hate the "holiday" tree. Either make it about Christ (It's CHRISTmas after all) or don't do it at all.

Of course, the Christmas tree isn't a celebration of Christianity, but represents a 2500-year old pagan, Druidic ritual celebrating the winter solstice. It has about as much to do with Jesus as Sunday afternoon football does - less, even, since "Oh, Jesus!!!" is a not uncommon exclamation heard during Bills games.

In fact, given the "born in a barn" mythos surrounding the birth of Jesus, a more accurate celebration of Christianity would be to sleep with a sheep.

You laugh, but I suspect as we get closer to Christmas, a lot more people are going to get pissy about that than a lib like you would care to admit.

I was really proud of the uber-left SF Chronicle this morning. On the front page they had a picture of the Chrismas tree being erected (yes /dev/null I said erected) in Union Square and they actually called it a Christmas tree.

Of course, the Christmas tree isn't a celebration of Christianity, but represents a 2500-year old pagan, Druidic ritual celebrating the winter solstice. It has about as much to do with Jesus as Sunday afternoon football does - less, even, since "Oh, Jesus!!!" is a not uncommon exclamation heard during Bills games.

In fact, given the "born in a barn" mythos surrounding the birth of Jesus, a more accurate celebration of Christianity would be to sleep with a sheep.

I'll call dibs on the Christmas sheep. What?

I was really proud of the uber-left SF Chronicle this morning. On the front page they had a picture of the Chrismas tree being erected (yes /dev/null I said erected) in Union Square and they actually called it a Christmas tree.

an erect Christmas tree? now that's just sick

The Christmas tree was originally a pagan symbol from Germany and was brought out of Germany by Queen Victoria. When America was settled Christmas was, in fact, outlawed in terms of a celebration.

So if you indeed want to worship a pagan symbol, and fly in the faces of our founding fathers, go right ahead. I thought Christmas had to do with some Jewish guy named Jesus, not a tree.

If someone hands you a 500-carat diamond, and says "here is a handful of dog ****", what's in your hand? "A rose by any other name..." Who cares what you call it.

Only in America do we have the luxury of having hissy fits over meaningless crap like this. Other places people are worried about finding their next meal or not getting blown up.

The Christmas tree was originally a pagan symbol from Germany and was brought out of Germany by Queen Victoria. When America was settled Christmas was, in fact, outlawed in terms of a celebration.

So if you indeed want to worship a pagan symbol, and fly in the faces of our founding fathers, go right ahead. I thought Christmas had to do with some Jewish guy named Jesus, not a tree.

If someone hands you a 500-carat diamond, and says "here is a handful of dog ****", what's in your hand? "A rose by any other name..." Who cares what you call it.

Only in America do we have the luxury of having hissy fits over meaningless crap like this. Other places people are worried about finding their next meal or not getting blown up.

Or what Sarah Palin's up to.