Michelle's 26 Servants

BillsNYC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in America do we have the luxury of having hissy fits over meaningless crap like this. Other places people are worried about finding their next meal or not getting blown up.

Only in America do we have liberals who find it necessary to remove the word Christmas from our vocabulary.

It's not the tree. It's the name of the tree.

Jesus. It's amazing you manage to get through the day without serious incident.

Only in America do we have liberals who find it necessary to remove the word Christmas from our vocabulary.

It's not the tree. It's the name of the tree.

Jesus. It's amazing you manage to get through the day without serious incident.

Not remove. Replace. With "Christmakwanzakah".

I thought Christmas had to do with some Jewish guy named Jesus, not a tree.

If I had my druthers, the "Christmas" that is celebrated today wouldn't be. All the gifts, the ridiculous TV ads, the obnoxious crowds, all of it would be out the window. I'd rather do it old school: Go to church, have a big meal with family and just enjoy the day without all the materialistic nonsense.

Speaking of...they are erecting a non-denominational, carbon-neutral, pointy green structure at the entrance to the South Street Seaport right now. Perfect view from my chair!

Happy last 8 weeks of the Roman calendar year everyone!

IIRC correctly the last 60 or so days in the year weren't even on the Roman calendar. Months were added later to make up for this little problem. That's why our late month names don't match up to their numerical part of their Roman name...

December...decem is latin for 10

November...novem is latin for 9

October...Octo is latin for 8 (as in Octomom).

September...Septem is latin for 7

There's a religion missing in there somewhere. Another reason to hate America.

I was going to go with "Christmakwanzakamadan"...but I wasn't sure how you'd celebrate it. Get a fir tree, top it with a menorah, put some malt liquor under it, then blow it up?

Oh God no. I support them in a philosophical sense. I wouldn't want one living next to me.

/Molson

So it's an admirable trait to resist the belief in Jesus or Yahweh.

But to profess one's own undying faith in Allah, Satan, Manbearpig, or JP Losman is OK

Gotcha, thanks

All Glory to the LosmanToad :wallbash: