MIKE VICK IN BUFFALO.....WHAT???? No, not right now

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.not just noticing it. Just that it seems to have come to a head with the move the team threat.

The battered wife syndrome seems to be even worse[at least we have a team].

Free agent pick ups? Vick is a classic example of shopping at the doller store. What do you expect to get?

Garcia? Warner? Drew Brees even. These guys cost their teams nothing in trade in recent seasons and took them a long way into the playoffs. All were available to the Bills. Except the Bills had a struggling young QB they were determined to stick with. How'd that work out? That's why you strongly consider a guy like Vick.

Sure Vick is the the biggest scumbag in the world. No one had a problem with Mcgahee's 5 paternity suits and Lynch's being arrested once a year for the past 3 years. But a highly mobile quarterback to compliment our dismal offensive line would just be too much to ask right?

Biggest scumbag in the world????

I don't know, I could name a few that might come before him..... :thumbsup:

There are some people in this thread that ride some mighty high horses.....

Well it couldn't happen next year, as he signed a 2 year contract, but Dungy is Vick's mentor. If Dungy would like to coach the Bills and bring in Vick the year after the upcoming one, it could be interesting..

Actually, philly signed him to a one year deal with an option for a second. if they dont pick up the option, the bills would be free to sign him

Vick's a confirmed sociopath...if Dungy thinks Bills fans as a whole can root on a scumbag like Vick, it says a lot about his opinion of us

I root for anyone who I think is a good player and wears a Bills jersey, loser!!! The guy went to prison and served his time. He also can be one of the most dynamic players in the NFL, still!!! Keep your social opinions to your coffee shop discussions and root for anybody that can possibly turn this mess AROUND.

Bring Vick to buffalo. He can't be worse than any QB on the roster. And if Dungy a guy who's a devout christian,(and more importantly a guy who's actually met and talked to Vick) say's he's learned his lesson and is remorseful well thats good enough for me.

As I said before I have no problem with the Bills Bringing Vick to town, having a mobile QB behind this line might be a good thing.

Unless Trent steps his game up we are going to be looking for a QB anyway, maybe Vick would be the backup??

Having said that I doubt it will happen, but remember the Feeling when we first signed T.O. Has not worked out on the field so far but just remember how great it was, before we actually played the games lol.

Bring Vick to buffalo. He can't be worse than any QB on the roster.

Yeah, he can, and he is.

Not many of you people actually watch football, do you? What Vick did off the field is egregious enough, but as bad a person as he is, he might be a worse quarterback. The guy is flat-out useless. The Bills are even more of a joke if they sign Vick and entrust their offense to him.

IF vick even ends up as a free agent, and IF he ends up with the bills. his criminal record will mean nothing. the only important thing is the wins and loses. if he wins he will get the keys to the city like any free agent who bring the national media to look at this team. i remember before getting signed an argument about T.O. and that if he was ever a bill he would destroy the team. the whole dog fighting thing is terrible. however if he is the guy to get this team to win, so be it. if he can also lure dungy with him even better. threatening to give up on the team because one player seems like a waste of time is one of the dumbest reasons to give up on a team. we can continue to watch a team that can go a decade without going to the playoffs, the whole time threatening to give up season tickets. i can understand giving up on a team that moves away. who wouldn't be happy to have ray lewis on this team? he was involved in something a little worse. but i digress, IF vick ends up in buffalo, none of the threatening fans will give up on the team and if you do, you shouldn't be watching the bills anyhow. when it comes down to it if he wins he's a hero, if he loses he's a terrible sociopathic murdering monster who rapes little children. its a sports team, points on the field count for more than anything else.

drama queen :thumbsup:

How about dropping the name-calling and educate yourself...it's well-documented what he did.

Sure Vick is the the biggest scumbag in the world. No one had a problem with Mcgahee's 5 paternity suits and Lynch's being arrested once a year for the past 3 years. But a highly mobile quarterback to compliment our dismal offensive line would just be too much to ask right?

No one had a problem? Are you new? Oh, and Lynch has 2 arrests that I know of (that we're all upset with him about), what's the 3rd?

Yeah, he can, and he is.

Not many of you people actually watch football, do you? What Vick did off the field is egregious enough, but as bad a person as he is, he might be a worse quarterback. The guy is flat-out useless. The Bills are even more of a joke if they sign Vick and entrust their offense to him.

I'd sooner take Losman back...similar QBing but doesn't come with all the baggage

#1- he WILL become a free agent. his contract all but guarantees it.....he makes $ 1 mil this year with a CLUB option of $ 5 mil next year. it is highly unlikely philly will want to keep him.... they already have a pretty good backup in Kolb.

#2- his career QB rating is 75, nothing to get excited about. as a pure passer he is below average. his "wow" factor came from his ability to run the ball. i actualy think his best fit is with Miami and the wildcat.

#3- signing vick would only make "marketing" sense. i doubt next year's new regime of GM & Head Coach will want to start off with this three ring circus.

NOTHING THE BILLS DO WITH THE GLAMOUR POSITIONS WILL WORK UNTIL THEY FIX BOTH LINES.......they are in desperate need of a Left Tackle and another quality DT.

You hit the nail on the head. They need to sell seats and he will be the one to do it.

Right on. Hey guys, stop with the morality stuff. This is about the business of football. Mike Vick would be a bad choice for any rationale except to fill the stands. Now that Ralph knows the fans can be kept on board by signing one big name, he will do it again.

Let's put it this way...a lot of fans want OJ's name taken off the Wall of Fame because of what he did long after his playing career was over (and long after he was enshrined as well)...someone like Vick won't be embraced by anyone but punks with no regard for common decency

All of the above, plus Mike Vick isn't/wasn't a very good QB anyway even 4-5 years ago. He was a pretty darn good RB if you know what I mean. The Bills would be better going after a QB in the draft and signing a veteran QB other than Vick.

Is this team concerned with being good as much as they are with selling tickets? MV is under contract for another season, but Philly could dump him and wouldn't take a huge cap hit. I doubt many teams would want him given his track record.

Vick would be perfect for the Bills. He is the ultimate ticket selling gadget player. Vick is Fluite, Parrish and McKelvin all rolled into one.

With his stlye of game, the OL is less important. When they collapse, he takes off. The Bills could leave Tinker Bell right where he is and draft yet more small defensive backs and wideouts.

BV, I am being totally serious when I tell you that I believe that Vick to Buffalo is possible.

#3- signing vick would only make "marketing" sense. i doubt next year's new regime of GM & Head Coach will want to start off with this three ring circus.

Right now, with this team...yes.

But who knows what's going to happen after Week 17? There could be about 20 different things that could happen.

Perhaps a new coaching regime could want nothing to do with Vick. Perhaps Ralph himself could not want anything to do with Vick. Maybe Ralph - as everyone says - just wants to sell more tickets and realizes that signing Vick to play here would do just that, especially when he retains Jauron (as much as it pains me to say it, we don't know for sure that Jauron will be gone after this year).

But if a new coach comes in, he may want to do things his way (depending on how much power he has) and Vick could not be part of the plan.

If vick comes to buffalo... i'll find it just about impossible to cheer for the bills with him on the field. Yep, his crimes were unforgivable, therefore i will not cheer for him or the bills if they sign him.

For what it's worth, i never thought he was a very good QB. I would have frowned upon him coming here before he became a dog murderer.

I would venture to guess that some people who condemn Vick probably eat at animals that are raised in brutal conditions and killed in horrific ways. Not absolving Vick, just pointing out there is animal cruelty all around us.

PTR

On some level, you have a point. I'm not trying to be overly philosophical about the treatment of livestock, etc., but one could argue there is little difference between the electrocution of dogs and the constructive torture of pigs, cows, chickens, etc. raised for slaughter. That said, what distinguishes Vick's behavior from that of a farmer raising and ultimately killing livestock is that Vick's behavior was unquestionably sadistic and designed to be so. He places his own interests over those of society, he's dumb, he's a sociopathic and he's a lousy quarterback. He's also better off as somebody else's problem.

On some level, you have a point. I'm not trying to be overly philosophical about the treatment of livestock, etc., but one could argue there is little difference between the electrocution of dogs and the constructive torture of pigs, cows, chickens, etc. raised for slaughter. That said, what distinguishes Vick's behavior from that of a farmer raising and ultimately killing livestock is that Vick's behavior was unquestionably sadistic and designed to be so. He places his own interests over those of society, he's dumb, he's a sociopathic and he's a lousy quarterback. He's also better off as somebody else's problem.

Constructive is in the eye of the beholder. Bullfighting in Spain is largely the same as dogfighting in terms of cruelty. And despite the abhorrence of the practivce to many, dog fighting and rooster fighting IS a long practiced and popular "sport" in many cultures all over the world, and has been for a long long time. And not everyone who goes to these fights is some evil wrech that deserves punishment, some just grew up with it culturally. Even in America.

People in India likewise would likely object strongly to our slaughter of millions of cattle.