Awesome article about Dick Jauron

mrags

I was bored at work and thought I would take a look at what some of the reports were when Dick was with his other teams. I came across a few different ones like how he completely screwed up the QB position when he didnt start a young Rex Grossman, or how his players were constantly injured, or how he had cake walk training/mini camps. This article pretty much summed up what Dick Jauron is and has been with the Buffalo Bills. Its almost like you could take the Bears players names out and insert Bills players and you could use this article tomorrow in the Buffalo News and it would be correct.

Anyway, I thought it was funny that for his career he has been the same guy, making bad decisions. Can someone tell me again why is he still here or still in the NFL as a HC? To all the Dick lovers out there please read this and try and make an argument that you can clearly state why he should still be here. Its exactly the same scenario as Chicago and they made the Super Bowl with much of the same talent just 3 years after his final season. Hmmmm.

http://www.bearshistory.com/seasons/2003chicagobears.aspx

He's the guy Marv wanted and still supports. That's all it took. Words didn't and wouldn't have made a difference.

Not blasting...just the way it is...

I understand that and know you are not bashing. Im just saying its absolutely funny that some people still want him here. FO, Fans, Players when all they have to do is look at his previous lack of success as a HC in the NFL. I think the opening statement of the article is a perfect quote from Dick.

"We're a good football team when we're healthy. How good, I don't know."

Anyway, I thought it was funny that for his career he has been the same guy, making bad decisions. Can someone tell me again why is he still here or still in the NFL as a HC? To all the Dick lovers out there please read this and try and make an argument that you can clearly state why he should still be here. Its exactly the same scenario as Chicago and they made the Super Bowl with much of the same talent just 3 years after his final season. Hmmmm.

Seriously? If you find one, let us know.

The only reason he's still here is because there's nothing to be gained from firing him at this point.

True - the GM needs to be named first. We will not get a GM before the end of the season.

What is just so sad about this situation is that this season is simply a wasted year. perhaps the only good to come of it are the emergence of Wood, Levitre and Byrd (perhaps the resigning of McGee ranks up there too). Otherwise, this has been an absolute waste of a season.

Other threads adress so no need to do so here but it is hard to argue that there are more than just a handful of players on this roster that will play for the next regime.

He's the guy Marv wanted and still supports. That's all it took. Words didn't and wouldn't have made a difference.

Not blasting...just the way it is...

Is there any evidence to suggest the Post-Marv Power Structure was in place WHILE he was hired. That him being "GM" was a Russ Brandon marketing move and just something to rev up the base while we began the now on-going rebuilding process?

True - the GM needs to be named first. We will not get a GM before the end of the season.

What is just so sad about this situation is that this season is simply a wasted year. perhaps the only good to come of it are the emergence of Wood, Levitre and Byrd (perhaps the resigning of McGee ranks up there too). Otherwise, this has been an absolute waste of a season.

Other threads adress so no need to do so here but it is hard to argue that there are more than just a handful of players on this roster that will play for the next regime.

Jauron would not have went young on the offensive line if he was not positive he would be coaching us next year. I am starting to believe that they knew this was going to be a rebuilding year from the start.

The players like him because of the soft Training camp and gives Vets who don't deserve time of like T.O.

The more I think about it Jauron stays, I hope I'm wrong I really do.

I was bored at work and thought I would take a look at what some of the reports were when Dick was with his other teams. I came across a few different ones like how he completely screwed up the QB position when he didnt start a young Rex Grossman, or how his players were constantly injured, or how he had cake walk training/mini camps. This article pretty much summed up what Dick Jauron is and has been with the Buffalo Bills. Its almost like you could take the Bears players names out and insert Bills players and you could use this article tomorrow in the Buffalo News and it would be correct.

The problem for this organization is not that Dick Jauron is the HC of the Bills. The major problem is how in the world any organization would hire a Dick Jauron caliber of HC. Dick Jauron's resume was well established when he applied for the Bills' job. After a so called exhaustive search this is what they came up with. The Bills under Levy and the clueless owner made the decision to hire him. It was stupefyingly bad.

Dick Jauron is presently receiving a lot of intense criticism. He doesn't deserve it. He is what he has always been. His coaching philosophy never changed. He is a very conservative, defensive oriented coach who coaches not to lose. He is not a very emotional coach-never was. He can only be who he is. He can't act outside of his personality and his beliefs. If he did he would be a bigger fraud.

The Bills have much bigger problems than who the HC is. Until there is a change of ownership and a restructuring to a more intelligent front office system staffed with competent talents the franchise will continue to struggle. :lol:

Is there any evidence to suggest the Post-Marv Power Structure was in place WHILE he was hired. That him being "GM" was a Russ Brandon marketing move and just something to rev up the base while we began the now on-going rebuilding process?

Yes. Chris Mortensen said when Marv resigned from his GM role that it wouldn't change things all that much in Buffalo because Marv was little more than a figurehead anyway. Most here wrote this statement off as Mortensen having a crush on Tom Donahoe; but, by Marv's own admission, he preferred to delegate and let the coaching staff have their say on things, since he enjoyed such an environment more himself when he was the head coach. In his words, he was just around to help out where he could on the football side. He joked that he had no interest in "fixing potholes" and that sort of general day-to-day business.

Also being criticized was Jauron himself, for conducting what many observers considered to be easy, light contact practices. The coach's player-friendly mentality would be heavily questioned as the team opened the regular season looking confused and unprepared.

:lol::lol:

The head coach left a legacy of more losing than winning in Chicago, but many friends. What he also left is the age-old question in Chicago, has all this losing stemmed from talent, poor coaching and strategy, or an overall unhealthy organization. Bear fans would like an answer to this question sooner rather than later

Ugh.... that sounds way too familiar even with him still around...

Buffalo Bill-I think you summed up everyone's view of the team and the season. A big waste. I completely agree that a whole bunch of guys from this years team will not be back with a new regime. Once they look at the film on a lot of these guys, they will be gone. I love our secondary, but that is about where it ends as far as good units on the team. Wouldn't a complete overhaul of at least half the players be AWESOME? I could see us getting rid of ALL our linebackers except Nick Harris. We can only pray.

That is really something.

I can remember the players in Chicago being absolutely grief-stricken when Jauron was fired, too.

He is a "players-coach", after all.

I think for Christmas, I'm going to ask Ralph for a "fans-coach", or a "super bowl-coach".

There was a great interview with Jim Schwartz yesterday and he addressed several things that come up in discussions about Jauron.

1) "Hope is not a plan." He is always hoping that players will step up, but his plan is to build a team that wins football games consistently. Replacing people that aren't getting the job done is a fact of life in the NFL.

2) "Injuries are a fact of life." Injuries will happen in the NFL and talking about how good you'd be if you were healthy is nonsense. In order to build a winning football team, your plan has to be to build a complete team that has depth and has guys that are ready to step up when injuries can and do occur.

3) "Take your shots." You have to have a QB that is a leader and who is willing to experience some failure before greatness and has the right mentality to deal with it. He's totally convinced Stafford has the mental acuity, toughness, and work ethic to be a great QB.

4) "It's not about systems." As the head coach, he has to figure out what works best for the guys he has and put them in the right schemes and situations. He specifically targeted assistants with tons of NFL experience so that they could adapt to the players they had and continue to adapt to the new players they bring in.

There was a great interview with Jim Schwartz yesterday and he addressed several things that come up in discussions about Jauron.

1) "Hope is not a plan." He is always hoping that players will step up, but his plan is to build a team that wins football games consistently. Replacing people that aren't getting the job done is a fact of life in the NFL.

2) "Injuries are a fact of life." Injuries will happen in the NFL and talking about how good you'd be if you were healthy is nonsense. In order to build a winning football team, your plan has to be to build a complete team that has depth and has guys that are ready to step up when injuries can and do occur.

3) "Take your shots." You have to have a QB that is a leader and who is willing to experience some failure before greatness and has the right mentality to deal with it. He's totally convinced Stafford has the mental acuity, toughness, and work ethic to be a great QB.

4) "It's not about systems." As the head coach, he has to figure out what works best for the guys he has and put them in the right schemes and situations. He specifically targeted assistants with tons of NFL experience so that they could adapt to the players they had and continue to adapt to the new players they bring in.

All very good/valid points. One thing that comes to mind when I think of Jauron, I think of a coach that tried to draft his players, and change his players to adapt to his (failing) system. With good teams you see the opposite. For example you dont see the Patriots, Saints or Colts lighting up the rushing stats each week and each year. You dont see Baltimore, Miami, Carolina lighting it up in the passing column either. Good teams adapt to make their players better not the other way around.