Has anybody actually seen/experienced something paranormal?

RayFinkle

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My place is haunted. Stuff constantly falls off the top of my fridge, or off the top of shelves. How does a stationary object fall of the top of the fridge? Earlier this year I walked into my bathroom in the middle of the night and noticed the conch shell on top of my toilet was on the edge- so I centered it. I walked out and then went back in for some saline and the shell moved over to the edge again- and again I centered it. Then I walked out and BAM- the shell hit the ground hard! This girl was sleeping in my bed and I was screaming "did you hear that?!" I woke her up and she thought I was nuts. She finally understands what happened.

I also saw a UFO off Plum Island while fishing late night. I was with two buddies and we saw a string of super bright multi colored lights hovering in formation. Some would shoot up and down very fast. It was mesmerizing. There were two other boats out there- and they both pulled up to us after and said "what the hell was that?". One boat said he heard a humming noise and they thought they were going up

I don't know if anyone watched the special Live version of Ghost Adventures last night, but it was pretty entertaining. I didn't see the whole thing, but found this clip from someone else....pretty freaky!!!

http://www.justin.tv/clip/0d2122dae1d77027

Also, if anyone wants to see some interesting UFO-type evidence, do a google search for Gilliland's Ranch.

I'm not sure how to classify this story, could be paranormal, could be variables that I hadn't noticed at the time, but who knows.

Myself and two of my buddies went up to Sherkston Beach in Canada a few years ago, where my other buddy has a cottage. On the drive up, he mentions that there's this cool castle-type mansion being built down this gravel road off in the distance. We were interested at the time so we went down the gravel road to check it out. The road is about a mile long with no streets coming off in between the two main roads that it connects, and there was tall grass and trees on either side of the narrow road. So anyways, were driving down and we see 2 guys and 2 girls sitting on the hood of what looked like, a perfectly conditioned hot red muscle car from probably the 60s or 70s (I'm not much of a car guy) on the side of the gravel road. They seemed very friendly and waved to us as we maneuvered past where they were parked. They had an older looking camera and were taking pictures of each other on the car. We didn't think anything of it at the time, so we pass them stop and check out the immense mansion and then turn around and start heading back the way we came. We had to pass their car again to get back to the main road, so they waved to us again, as we passed. I'm about 20-30 seconds down the road, when I look in my rearview mirror and notice that the car is no longer there. There were only two ways off that street and I don't think there was any way they could've driven over half a mile in less than a 30 seconds without me seeing them or any dust or dirt from the road being kicked up.

I'm still not too sure what to make of the experience, but all I can say is that I can't explain how they disappeared so fast.

So, how many empty Molson's bottles were in the back of your car?

I don't believe in ghosts at all. Its all your mind playing tricks on you. Did you ever notice ghosts always appear to people who believe in ghosts and they always appear in the creepiest places that are very suggestible to thinking about ghosts. If someone told me that really creepy abandoned house down the corner is haunted I would be like yeah you thinks its haunted because it puts that idea in your head.

You ever notice that totally light and not creepy places are never haunted. I mean why wouldn't a ghost want to haunt my living room?

This is an ESP thing.

Early 80s..Delaware Park.. Was getting ready to take a jog to be followed by an afternoon of hoops down at the courts.

There was/is a golf course there(not much of one).

This lady was about to tee off. There was this couple 50 yds or so off at a severe angle from her to the right. Just as she started her backswing I KNEW that the lady in the couple was gonna get hit on the head with the golf ball. Sure enough...the ball smacks the lady on the head.Forunately she didn't go down in a heap--but I don't know how bad she was hurt ultimately.

One in a million.

I don't believe in ghosts at all. Its all your mind playing tricks on you. Did you ever notice ghosts always appear to people who believe in ghosts and they always appear in the creepiest places that are very suggestible to thinking about ghosts. If someone told me that really creepy abandoned house down the corner is haunted I would be like yeah you thinks its haunted because it puts that idea in your head.

You ever notice that totally light and not creepy places are never haunted. I mean why wouldn't a ghost want to haunt my living room?

A lot of people who've seen ghosts are believers. They may not have been believers before but they are then. I do agree that about 99% of ghost sightings can be explained by light tricks or ball busting but I know that what I saw wasn't easily explained away and the girl I was with saw it too, without my pointing it out to her. Could it have been something else? Yeah, but it sure didn't look that way to her or me.

Exactly... Same with UFO's and other stuff... People go back and relate, then their mind embellishes even more.

Ever watch MonsterQuest on The History Channel? The one they did on the Jersey Devil (and no, not Marty Brodeur) was hoot (no pun intended if you know what I mean)... I mean, these people are whacked!

:worthy::doh:

When I was about 13, a saw a bright light at night coming in towards a small town airport, but it was taking an unusual path. It stop over the airport (or close to it) for about 15 seconds, then shot straight up into the sky and out of sight. Was it a UFO? Technically, I couldn't identify it, so yes.

Anybody who spends some time at night in Dansville's "Castle on the Hill", would have a hard time denying unexplainable things. I'll never set foot back in that place. I was a young stupid teen when I did.

Exactly... Same with UFO's and other stuff... People go back and relate, then their mind embellishes even more.

Ever watch MonsterQuest on The History Channel? The one they did on the Jersey Devil (and no, not Marty Brodeur) was hoot (no pun intended if you know what I mean)... I mean, these people are whacked!

:worthy::doh:

Monsterquest is hysterical. I love how they go out and with a limited budget and only an hour of TV time they are looking to find evidence nobody else has ever filmed. :rolleyes:

When I was about 13, a saw a bright light at night coming in towards a small town airport, but it was taking an unusual path. It stop over the airport (or close to it) for about 15 seconds, then shot straight up into the sky and out of sight. Was it a UFO? Technically, I couldn't identify it, so yes.

Anybody who spends some time at night in Dansville's "Castle on the Hill", would have a hard time denying unexplainable things. I'll never set foot back in that place. I was a young stupid teen when I did.

And you don't think people pull all sorts of hoaxes to get attention?

Unexpectedly (because I was not aware anyone was trying to save it) in January 2008, the Sanitarium was awarded $2.5 million from the state for restoration. The funds will be used to rehabilitate the interior of the building, renovate the exterior and reinstate public utilities to the property making it available for planned development. I can't find any information about any specific group taking over the project, or what the plans may be. *editorial note* It's going to take far more than $2.5 million to help that place...I can't believe it's even structurally sound. But hey good for them...

Kinda like the Silver Lake serpent... First spreads to attract tourists and then the legends grow!

It is all about the green...$$$

And you don't think people pull all sorts of hoaxes to get attention?

Unexpectedly (because I was not aware anyone was trying to save it) in January 2008, the Sanitarium was awarded $2.5 million from the state for restoration. The funds will be used to rehabilitate the interior of the building, renovate the exterior and reinstate public utilities to the property making it available for planned development. I can't find any information about any specific group taking over the project, or what the plans may be. *editorial note* It's going to take far more than $2.5 million to help that place...I can't believe it's even structurally sound. But hey good for them...

Kinda like the Silver Lake serpent... First spreads to attract tourists and then the legends grow!

It is all about the green...$$$

How exactly would it be a hoax? I grew up in that town. It was either 95 or 96 when I was in it. I've known people from the late 80's through the 90's that have been in there an experienced some weird ass ****. I was in there in the middle of summer and I experienced a cold unlike any other I've ever felt. Don't ask me what it was, but I'm sure as hell not going back to find out.

a part of me wants to believe in the paranormal, but I have never experienced anything to sway me in that direction...some of these stories fascinate me. The thought of ghosts or ufo's scares the crap out of me, and if i ever had an encounter, i believe i would probably soil myself...... :worthy:

My father has told us stories when we first moved, he'd wake up in the night hearing footsteps, and thinking it was one of us kids would get up and check on us, only to find us all asleep in our beds. Over the years, he's remodeled and changed the layout of the house and no more footsteps to be heard.

How exactly would it be a hoax? I grew up in that town. It was either 95 or 96 when I was in it. I've known people from the late 80's through the 90's that have been in there an experienced some weird ass ****. I was in there in the middle of summer and I experienced a cold unlike any other I've ever felt. Don't ask me what it was, but I'm sure as hell not going back to find out.

Well that explains your posts. You were once in a nut house. :worthy: