Has anybody actually seen/experienced something paranormal?

RayFinkle

I don't know if this qualifies as paranormal, but it's something that has always made me feel a little differently about things since it happened. A few years ago, the night before my Mom's funeral, I had an incredibly vivid dream. I was back in high school, and two of my old friends and my wife were sitting around a table in the media center - and telling stories about my Mom. One of the friends I still see all the time - the other was a good friend of mine, but I literally hadn't seen him in over 20 years. I remember thinking about the dream the next morning and how vivid it was and then thinking "What the heck was XXX doing in that dream?". That day, after the funeral service we went to the mausoleum for one last blessing before my Mom was laid to rest. At the end of that ceremony, I went outside and saw her crypt for the first time - on the crypt directly next to hers I saw the last name of my friend who was in my dream the night before - it was his Mom.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this qualifies as paranormal, but it's something that has always made me feel a little differently about things since it happened. A few years ago, the night before my Mom's funeral, I had an incredibly vivid dream. I was back in high school, and two of my old friends and my wife were sitting around a table in the media center - and telling stories about my Mom. One of the friends I still see all the time - the other was a good friend of mine, but I literally hadn't seen him in over 20 years. I remember thinking about the dream the next morning and how vivid it was and then thinking "What the heck was XXX doing in that dream?". That day, after the funeral service we went to the mausoleum for one last blessing before my Mom was laid to rest. At the end of that ceremony, I went outside and saw her crypt for the first time - on the crypt directly next to hers I saw the last name of my friend who was in my dream the night before - it was his Mom.

Oh dude, don't get started on "the night before my Mom's funeral"

That brings up a memory from last year. :worthy:

My mom had been suffering from Breast Cancer. My dad called and asked if my brother and I could come home because it was near the end. We both arrive on the same day and say our goodbyes on the same day.

The next morning my mom died :rolleyes:

Her estimated time of death was less than hour before my dad found her. After my dad found her dead, he woke my brother and I

Before I was awoken, I had a dream involving my mom and grandfather (my father's father).

Before my mother had lost the ability to speak, she had said that "the man" was there to help her. Later she had said "the two men" were there. My grandfather was an identical twin

:doh:

a part of me wants to believe in the paranormal, but I have never experienced anything to sway me in that direction...some of these stories fascinate me. The thought of ghosts or ufo's scares the crap out of me, and if i ever had an encounter, i believe i would probably soil myself...... :rolleyes:

I really wanted to get closer to the thing that looked like a ghost and I wish I could've followed that UFO for awhile. They don't scare me they fascinate me. The only place I don't want to see a ghost is in my house. I'd feel like I was being watched 24 hours a day. :doh:

Well that explains your posts. You were once in a nut house. :sick:

http://www.institutionalgreen.org/jackson/js.html

*edit* On 10-7-09 I received an email from the great-great-great grandson of James Caleb Jackson (how cool is that?!), who pointed out that the building was never a "sanitarium" as I call it above, but a "sanatorium" as the advertisement shows. I was not aware of the difference, now I know, and just wanted to point that out at his request. :D

Main Entry: san·a·to·ri·um

Pronunciation: \ˌsa-nə-ˈtȯr-ē-əm\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural san·a·to·riums or san·a·to·ria \-ē-ə\

Etymology: New Latin, from Late Latin, neuter of sanatorius curative, from sanare

Date: 1839

1 : an establishment that provides therapy combined with a regimen (as of diet and exercise) for treatment or rehabilitation

2 a : an institution for rest and recuperation (as of convalescents) b : an establishment for the treatment of the chronically ill

:worthy::P

Monsterquest, UFO Hunters, and Ghost Hunters are all hysterical

Gost Hunters I actually enjoy and IMHO does not deserved to be bundled with those other shows. The set out to debunk haunting on Ghost Hunters and find some seriously creepy stuff sometimes.

I witnessed a sunglasses wearing zombie roaming the Bills sideline today. Very disturbing.

Man, I was there and didn't catch that. Damn.

I did however see an apparition trying to make some type of contact from behind a podium around halftime. I was trying to understand him, but I forgot my EVP recorder.

I don't know if you would consider this paranormal but I did once have a vivid dream about a family member that came exactly true two days later. Too many details matched exactly to say it was a coincidence. I am an agnostic about stuff like this. I do not believe in ghosts, psychics, etc. But I also know there is much unexplained in the world, and I know what I dreamt that day.

PTR