Thurs Practice Injury Report - Headache?

I have had that happen occasionally for many years now, but without any headache -- the only symptom is the impact on my vision. I get the blob, and that causes my balance to be off a bit, but that's it and it wears off in about 20 minutes. Very bizarre. I went through the whole battery of tests with the neurologist and they didn't find any other explanation.

My Dad will sometimes only get the aura. As he got older the headache wouldn't always follow. It's pretty scary stuff if you don't know what is going on.

Yes. A migraine is not a regular headache bro.

Quit looking for meaning in nothing...

Migraines can be quite debilitating and after a concussion they are particularly worrisome. So yeah the original poster should go back and break down some film of the Texans.

My Dad will sometimes only get the aura. As he got older the headache wouldn't always follow. It's pretty scary stuff if you don't know what is going on.

Yeah, it freaked the crap out of me the first couple of times. Now, I just shut off the lights and PC and chill out for a bit. :lol:

Problem I have is I found a way to deal with the migraine ( migraine medicine ) however the whipped out for 2 days later feeling is harder to shake. I no longer get the Aura ones, I actually prefer those since shortly after the vision comes back the headache is there so ya can react faster to the medicine response.

I would love to see Nelson on the field more now maybe we can get him to be a key element of our passing attack.

Migraines can be quite awful. I've gotten them to the point where laying down in complete darkness with no sound was the only thing that made it bearable. I've had migraine induced double vision that lasted for days, where I had to get an mri to rule out any more serious issues. Some migraines I can deal with, but when it's bad it's damn near impossible to be productive. I've noticed since I cut out drinking soda I get them less frequently. Still I can completely understand Nelson not practicing with a migraine. It's not a run of the mill cupcake headache.

When people started making dumb threads questioning the toughness of professional athletes who have dealt with more physical pain they could possibly imagine.

Had to give my mother her morphine and anti-nausea shots during her final stage of pancreatic cancer when she decided home was better then a hospital for her final few months.

I can imagine a thing or two about pain.

For anyone who gets migraines, I kicked mine by completely avoiding MSG. Monosodium Glutamate is in EVERYTHING, from chicken broth to doritos. As soon as I stopped all MSG, the migraines went away.

Migraines can be quite awful. I've gotten them to the point where laying down in complete darkness with no sound was the only thing that made it bearable.

My cold bathroom floor becomes my best friend during a migraine. Easy access to the toilet is an added benefit.

I think everyone is missing the point.

I've never had a migraine (thank God), but how does ANYONE in 2009 NOT know that Migraines are a debilitating condition? Seriously? Calling it a headache? Welcome to life outside of that rock you've been living under.

I have had that happen occasionally for many years now, but without any headache -- the only symptom is the impact on my vision. I get the blob, and that causes my balance to be off a bit, but that's it and it wears off in about 20 minutes. Very bizarre. I went through the whole battery of tests with the neurologist and they didn't find any other explanation.

I told you to take off the tin foil hat.