Fitzpatrick...How many times were you saying

Big Turk

for 3 quarter the ball was riding up on his tosses, but it seemed the same thing was happening with Delhome. Any idea if there was some crazy wind? It didn't seem to affect the kicking so WTF?. All I know is he made some nice tosses in the 4th Q and that is all the difference.

Looked to me that on several passes, the pass rusher got right in Fitz' face and he couldn't step into the throw at all or even follow through properly which made the passes go high and long. So I'd blame poor Oline protection for at least some of those "WTF" throws over winds or Fitz being off.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right but so many people still blame those two loses totally on Trent. TE had the Bills winning and wasn't even on the field when those plays happened. So TE could very easily have a 3-2 record instead of 1-4. It's all hindsight now.

I didn't blame Trent for the NE loss, but certainly for the Browns loss. Scoring 3 points is inexcusable.

Fitz, I just don't know what to say about it...the man made some really nice throws to Evans, but then had 6 or 7 throws at least that made you say "Where the heck was that ball going?" Anyone else saying the same thing?

Give him time to get on the same page as our WRs. He's had one week of practice getting the majority of the reps and playing with the first string offense.

Looked to me that on several passes, the pass rusher got right in Fitz' face and he couldn't step into the throw at all or even follow through properly which made the passes go high and long. So I'd blame poor Oline protection for at least some of those "WTF" throws over winds or Fitz being off.

Whoa whoa whoa! Poor O-line play is only an excuse for Trent!!!!!

Fitz has been terrible early. But he gets less bad as the game goes on. Once the o-line gave him and extra second or two he started making plays. He isn't great but he's been more effective than Edwards. At least Fitz is not afraid to go down field. It does pay off sometimes.

That said, keep in mind we've played two very bad teams.

PTR

Fitz, I just don't know what to say about it...the man made some really nice throws to Evans, but then had 6 or 7 throws at least that made you say "Where the heck was that ball going?" Anyone else saying the same thing?

yea... the only one he knew where it was going was the TD. the bomb was about as good as TEs - underthrown.

Fitz has been terrible early. But he gets less bad as the game goes on. Once the o-line gave him and extra second or two he started making plays. He isn't great but he's been more effective than Edwards. At least Fitz is not afraid to go down field. It does pay off sometimes.

That said, keep in mind we've played two very bad teams.

"We" played a horrible team 3 weekends ago...and lost.

for 3 quarter the ball was riding up on his tosses, but it seemed the same thing was happening with Delhome. Any idea if there was some crazy wind? It didn't seem to affect the kicking so WTF?. All I know is he made some nice tosses in the 4th Q and that is all the difference.

I was at the game, there wasn't a wind factor.

You're right but so many people still blame those two loses totally on Trent. TE had the Bills winning and wasn't even on the field when those plays happened. So TE could very easily have a 3-2 record instead of 1-4. It's all hindsight now.

I would argue that the Bills could easily be 5-1 with the Dolphins game being the only true game where no one showed up.

The Pats game they won but McElvin found a way to lose it with the fumble.

They tried to find a way to lose the Bucs game but thankfully came away with a victory.

The Saints game was 10-7 for 3 quarters and Brees was being harrassed before the suckiness of the offense and special teams mistakes wore out the defense.

The Browns game (c'mon...the freakin' Browns!) was a real dud. Again, total offensive ineptitude could not put more than 3 points on the board against the BROWNS!??!??!? Parrish's fumble did not help.

Jets. Turnovers.

Panthers. Turnovers and good D and solid special teams.

So far, the biggest things that have killed the Bills are: no offense, bad turnovers at key times, and penalties. I would say injuries, but Fitz, Meredith, Draft, Byrd, Florence, Corner, and Wilson seem to filling in ok.

I would argue that the Bills could easily be 5-1 with the Dolphins game being the only true game where no one showed up.

The Pats game they won but McElvin found a way to lose it with the fumble.

They tried to find a way to lose the Bucs game but thankfully came away with a victory.

The Saints game was 10-7 for 3 quarters and Brees was being harrassed before the suckiness of the offense and special teams mistakes wore out the defense.

The Browns game (c'mon...the freakin' Browns!) was a real dud. Again, total offensive ineptitude could not put more than 3 points on the board against the BROWNS!??!??!? Parrish's fumble did not help.

Jets. Turnovers.

Panthers. Turnovers and good D and solid special teams.

So far, the biggest things that have killed the Bills are: no offense, bad turnovers at key times, and penalties. I would say injuries, but Fitz, Meredith, Draft, Byrd, Florence, Corner, and Wilson seem to filling in ok.

One could also agrue the exact same points to being 1-5.

Just Sayin