Donte Whitner

John Adams

The strong and free safety positions seem much improved. Maybe guys aren't making the big hits without Whitner but they get turnovers and are often in position. I say Whitner returns in the Nickel package but I'm sure Dick will do the wrong thing and return him to starter...just like he wrongfully returned Lynch to starter.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strong and free safety positions seem much improved. Maybe guys aren't making the big hits without Whitner but they get turnovers and are often in position. I say Whitner returns in the Nickel package but I'm sure Dick will do the wrong thing and return him to starter...just like he wrongfully returned Lynch to starter.

whether its the right move or not there is no way they dont put Whitner right back in there but this is just more proof that you do not spend a high first round pick on a DB

I was actually liking Whitner at FS but you cant argue with the way Wilson and Byrd have been playing

Wilson sucks. Donte will go back to SS. Byrd will stay at FS. None of us know if Byrd is any good in coverage or not but there is no way they can put him on the bench now. The INT's were bad throws and great reactions.

I said it back when we drafted Byrd......he was drafted to be Whitner's replacement.......

We are seeing what that safety spot is supposed to look like with a playmaker

Byrd is playing amazing.