today's stories on Edwards/Fitzpatrick

Evans wouldn't endorse Edwards as the unquestioned starter (something he did do with Losman).

Nothing new. I don't think Evans ever fully embraced Edwards as the Bills starting QB.

What I thought was extremely interesting was an article that came out during preseason. In that article, it was revealed not a single member of the team considered Edwards an unquestioned leader. Ouch.

Nothing new. I don't think Evans ever fully embraced Edwards as the Bills starting QB.

What I thought was extremely interesting was an article that came out during preseason. In that article, it was revealed not a single member of the team considered Edwards an unquestioned leader. Ouch.

Leaders not only hold themselves accountable for their actions, but they also hold others accountable as well. Edwards does neither. All you ever here is, "It was frustrating/We had a good week of practice but we couldn't get it done/There were opportunities for plays to be made, but for whatever reason we weren't able to capitalize on those/We need to be able to hit on some of those plays/We have a good group of guys and we are learning with every game/We have coaches that are heading us in the right direction/etc/etc/etc"

Actually, I'd suggest it's the other way around. Trent has never embraced that Evans is a WR on this team. Would you really expect Evans, TO or any WR on this team to have enthusiastic support for a QB that is afraid to throw the ball to them?

I may be reading too much into this Buffalo News quote, but it doesn't sound like a great situation (or normal). Maybe it is, though - who knows?

--

Jauron said after practice he had not spoken to Edwards since Sunday.

"He wasn't in the building today, and that's kind of part of the protocol as I understand it, and we'll track it day to day," Jauron said after practice.

Asked if he has spoken to Edwards, Jauron said: "I have not, and that's part of the protocol, too. He doesn't take calls, he doesn't return calls, he doesn't text. There's all kinds of things involved."

Regarding Fitzpatrick, Jauron said: "I like Ryan. I like him because he can throw it and direct it and hopefully get us another win."

--

"There's all kinds of things involved." - ??

It reminds me of this: "This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head."

So can I. Thanks for the insight Dick.

AVP on Fitz:

A big arm? Compared to who? You?

Mike Martz drafted Fitz out of college. In his system, a QB has to have good arm strength and make all the throws. Just because you don't throw the ball 70 yards on every play doesn't mean you don't have good arm strength. Additionally, the Bengals may have had the worst oline in the NFL last year. This completely skews Fitz ypa.

I may be reading too much into this Buffalo News quote, but it doesn't sound like a great situation (or normal). Maybe it is, though - who knows?

--

Jauron said after practice he had not spoken to Edwards since Sunday.

"He wasn't in the building today, and that's kind of part of the protocol as I understand it, and we'll track it day to day," Jauron said after practice.

Asked if he has spoken to Edwards, Jauron said: "I have not, and that's part of the protocol, too. He doesn't take calls, he doesn't return calls, he doesn't text. There's all kinds of things involved."

Regarding Fitzpatrick, Jauron said: "I like Ryan. I like him because he can throw it and direct it and hopefully get us another win."

--

"There's all kinds of things involved." - ??

It reminds me of this: "This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head."

you've been reading too much Sullivan. Either way, you support the guy you're going to war with. Especially after your first W in a month.

Meanwhile, there's a dominoes in Los Gatos wondering why they keep getting calls asking for "Dick" and texts proclaiming, "OMG i luv u dickie J, you are teh bestest coach evers!"

This is bizarre. I wonder if I can set up this kind of protocol with my boss?

But Trent can text Russ telling him we should sign TO.

I wonder if Fitz or Hamdan take calls or return calls or do texts?

Weird stuff man.

This is bizarre. I wonder if I can set up this kind of protocol with my boss?

But Trent can text Russ telling him we should sign TO.

I wonder if Fitz or Hamdan take calls or return calls or do texts?

Weird stuff man.

He's referring to the post-concussion protocol.