Benching the most exciting player

Bills just replaced roscoe as their punt returner (actually they did last week) and I have no idea why. Other than being the most exciting punt returner in the league next to josh cribbs, he's the only thing other than Brian Mooreman on the team that fans have to get excited about. I know it's probably because of his complaining and the way he played during the Browns game that he got benched but I think both are dumb reasons.

In the Browns game there was absolutely nothing going on all game. When roscoe fumbled that punt he was trying to create a spark which otherwise would have never been ignited. Yes the bills lost that game and you could say it was because of roscoe, but I highly doubt anything would have happened with the offense if he just let the ball go.

He also has the right to complain, even if he was somehow the #1 receiver on the team. Going into this season the Bills had argueably the best wr core in the league. You can't tell me that Lee Evans wouldn't have 80-100 catches a season if he played for any other team in the league other than the Raiders, or that TO finally hit the age where he can no longer be productive. It's all the offense, coaching, and qb. Roscoe has a right to complain and I wish Lee, TO and company would grow a pair and do so also.

Benching roscoe is just another step in the wrong direction that this organization is taking.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills just replaced roscoe as their punt returner (actually they did last week) and I have no idea why. Other than being the most exciting punt returner in the league next to josh cribbs, he's the only thing other than Brian Mooreman on the team that fans have to get excited about. I know it's probably because of his complaining and the way he played during the Browns game that he got benched but I think both are dumb reasons.

In the Browns game there was absolutely nothing going on all game. When roscoe fumbled that punt he was trying to create a spark which otherwise would have never been ignited. Yes the bills lost that game and you could say it was because of roscoe, but I highly doubt anything would have happened with the offense if he just let the ball go.

He also has the right to complain, even if he was somehow the #1 receiver on the team. Going into this season the Bills had argueably the best wr core in the league. You can't tell me that Lee Evans wouldn't have 80-100 catches a season if he played for any other team in the league other than the Raiders, or that TO finally hit the age where he can no longer be productive. It's all the offense, coaching, and qb. Roscoe has a right to complain and I wish Lee, TO and company would grow a pair and do so also.

Benching roscoe is just another step in the wrong direction that this organization is taking.

get a clue. Roscoe isn't worth the paper his checks are printed on that is why he wasn't moved.

get a clue. Roscoe isn't worth the paper his checks are printed on that is why he wasn't moved.

That may be the case, but he does do one thing very well (albeit not so great the game before the benching). Ralph is paying him whether he plays or not. Why would you not use him. I understand last week, they were probably trying to trade him. But this week I would not understand.

he's made horrible decisions in the past with regards to fair-catches vs letting it bounce. his performance this year has been down right disgusting. i dont blame the team for not trusting him. he's done far more damage than good this year.

Agreed.

His decisions on when to field a punt and when not to is horrible and almost obvious at times hes trying to increase his return numbers. It just so happens that even when he decides to handle a return, a lot of the time he makes more bad decisions and gets tackled for a loss. Fans that seem to love him so much just dont get that he only had 1 return for a TD last season. I dont see how thats exciting at all. Lots of teams have returns for TD's during the season. He is nothing more than any other returner in the league. Except many other returners can actually play their skill position.

He also has the right to complain, even if he was somehow the #1 receiver on the team.

That if is bigger than lil Roscoe. (BTW...I have no idea what this sentence of yours is supposed to mean)

He is disinterested in return duties.

He cannot play receiver in the NFL.

He should be a healthy scratch from each remaining game this season.

Yeah, nothing more exciting than losing 20 yards on a punt return or fumbling a tie game away in the closing minutes.

I know I was pretty exciting while watching those plays (and screaming "WTF are you doing?!?!?!").

:ph34r:

You mean running 20 yards backwards to try and gain yardage doesn't work in the NFL? It works with Madden on my Xbox all the time.

:doh:

he regressed badly

I as well have been very disappointed in Roscoe this year. Some of it I attribute to overall ST play which has been very suspect this year but it seems more and more that RP couldn't buy a clue if he had all the money in the world. It's a shame that some one with his physical talents has limited grey matter. And for all of you who think he should be more involved with the O, maybe the fact that he has been on the trade block since training camp and is still a Bill should tell you what the league thinks of him. It ain't happening.

Yes, I agree - I, too, became overly excited watching Roscoe run backwards.

Roscoe needs to be held accountable for his actions. NO EXCUSES. He screwed up and lost the game for the Bills. Benched, and deserved it. I don't give a **** what he was trying to do - he failed. Therefore BENCHED.

Look, if you want to make excuses for mediocrity, go ahead. I'm glad to see that finally, maybe, accountability is taking hold.

Both punt and KO returns were much better last week. (IMO)

Coincidence?

Ya, it probably is.

Amazing how Roscoe is now a bum after one bad game. You people do realize that he has a much longer history of being a good punt returner than he does of having games like the one against Cleveland. He had the highest return average in history, for God's sake. No, he's not the sharpest knife the drawer, but the only problem with that is, the coaching staff is just as dull. He's right for being upset with the buffoons that run the offense. Have him run a fly pattern. Give him a couple of end around plays (yes, I know he got stuffed on his last one). This coaching staff has no ability to work to the strengths of the players they have. They are too narrow-minded and keep trying to fit square pegs in round holes (that sounds crass, I know). He has shown the ability to make something happen if he's thrown the ball (nice TD catch in the sunday night blowout against the pats, deep pass in detroit, catch and run against the jets in his rookie year). The problem is that they are too few and far between. And no, that is not Roscoe's fault for "not being open", which is the common refrain among Evans' critics also. You put this receiver corps with a QB with balls and some creative playcalling, you could have a really good offense. One that could make up for the shortcomings of the offensive line.