Players really, really like Jauron

RockPile007

Interesting stuff from Wendling in this Scout article.

Here's what he said...

"We want him as our head coach here. I don’t think there’s a guy in that locker room that would tell you differently.”

Obviously, it's been well-documented that the players love Jauron but this was a pretty strong quote. The defensive effort Sunday kind of showed that I thought. (Loved Wendling's pick too. I want to see that guy on the field more.)

Come on, I know somebody out there is getting soft and wants Jauron to stick around! Someone? Anyone? Bueller? OK...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what he said...

"We want him as our head coach here. I don’t think there’s a guy in that locker room that would tell you differently.”

Obviously, it's been well-documented that the players love Jauron but this was a pretty strong quote. The defensive effort Sunday kind of showed that I thought. (Loved Wendling's pick too. I want to see that guy on the field more.)

Come on, I know somebody out there is getting soft and wants Jauron to stick around! Someone? Anyone? Bueller? OK...

Not sure I want him to stay, but they might as well keep him if they aren't going to put some real football minds in the front office. If not, changing coaches is just like spinning your wheels in mudd, you not going to go anywhere.

Here's what he said...

Would that be the 300 rushing yards allowed effort?

Not sure I want him to stay, but they might as well keep him if they aren't going to put some real football minds in the front office. If not, changing coaches is just like spinning your wheels in mudd, you not going to go anywhere.

I'll take my chances. The present guy thinks if he does nothing and sits around long enough, somebody will surely miss him, and will come looking for him in the mud pit. Too bad he forgot to tell anybody where he was going, and he has no idea where he's even at.

I have played sports at both the high school and college level and have been on teams with both lots of talent and little talent. One thing that I took away with each experience is that if the coache was an a - hole to play for the team was much more successful, often times with less talent, than the coach that was nice and everyone liked.

It didn't mean that the a-hole coach was a jerk off the field, but when it was practice or game time it was all business.

I am sure that the players love Jauron as a person but he does not get the most out of the talent that he has, and that is apparent.

Here's what he said...

Naturally they love Jauron. He lets them get away with stuff other coaches wouldnt let them. He coddles and babys his players. They get days off when they lose and when they win. The practices are not hard and all inside. The training camps are easy and he trys to keep a kindegarden playbook that everyone can understand and all the other coaches in the leaugue can figure out by the half. Also no player is afraid of losing their job no matter how badly the play and if they suffered an injury.

But according to PP the "vast majority" came on two plays. Other than that they only gave up 183 rushing yards. Sort of like saying "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

I was wondering about that myself. What kind of math are they teaching at Penn State if 135 is the VAST MAJORITY of 318?

Sorry, Poz. No matter how you slice it, the Jets beat the crap out of you running the ball. What is it the kids are saying these days? Oh yeah, "Epic fail."

GO BILLS!!!

Naturally they love Jauron. He lets them get away with stuff other coaches wouldnt let them. He coddles and babys his players. They get days off when they lose and when they win. The practices are not hard and all inside. The training camps are easy and he trys to keep a kindegarden playbook that everyone can understand and all the other coaches in the leaugue can figure out by the half. Also no player is afraid of losing their job no matter how badly the play and if they suffered an injury.

I agree with all you guys. Jauron babies these guys. Somebody's gotta play devil's adovcate!

I don't think there's an ounce of hardass in Tricky Dick at all.

It's easy to bash Jauron from his results. His record is poor. To paraphrase Bill Parcells, He is what his record says he is. An under .500 coach who can get his players to play hard for him and beat most of the really bad teams in the league and can generally play tough but not win versus the rest.

Jauron's teams play hard. He hasn't figured out how to get the most out of his players as a team though. I do not think that he's soft, nor does he coddle people, nor does he guarantee jobs to people. Heck we've cut a lot of people during his term including our starting left tackle just before the season.

He's had his chance to bring out the best but now it's time for a new coach to see if they can bring out the best in a team.

I have played sports at both the high school and college level and have been on teams with both lots of talent and little talent. One thing that I took away with each experience is that if the coache was an a - hole to play for the team was much more successful, often times with less talent, than the coach that was nice and everyone liked.

It didn't mean that the a-hole coach was a jerk off the field, but when it was practice or game time it was all business.

I am sure that the players love Jauron as a person but he does not get the most out of the talent that he has, and that is apparent.

I've played in college and high school and have the exact opposite experience. The hard ass coach was hated and just wore on people. But the guy who wasn't the yeller and was someone everyone respected was the coach who won more. Rather than fear screwing up because you would get screamed at, you didn't want to fail and disappoint the guy who geniunely respected.

And to take it further, neither of us played in the NFL. These guys are millionaries and men with families. They don't need some who never played the guy at a high level belittling them on national tv. Say what you want to about Jauron, but his football resume is up there with any coach in the NFL. Obviously the bottomline is results, but I really have no doubts Jauron could be a successful coach on the right team. Unfortunately, we have been short on talent and this year, Edwards regressed.

That's the truth. I really, really wish DJ was successful because I like his management style (treating others with respect, not airing dirty laundry in public, not boisterous like a buffoon, etc.). However, whatever combination of front office / coach / personnel strategy that buffalo has going on doesn't work at all. The Bills suck, and DJ is part of the sucky equation. The equation needs to be rewritten. If DJ doesn't make the playoffs this year, he needs to go.

It's not about whether your loved or hated. Both methods work, what matters more is can you produce results. Unfortunately for Jauron he hasn't been able to produce the results.

Here's what he said...

Do these guys not realize how much their head coach is to blame for all their losses? This is the third OC I have seen when the Bills go all-running plays to settle for a long field goal as time winds down. Bills deserved to lose for that crap but got lucky. At LEAST get it to the red zone before you go straight runs. That's got to be on Jauron. I still remember TE after last year's Browns game saying the coaches really prepared him well but the Browns defense completely changed its approach from what they saw on tape. How is that not the coaches' fault?

Other players will say how well the coaches prepare them but the team didn't execute during the game. Ummm, if your game plan is seriously flawed, and the other team's isn't, chances are you won't be able to execute your game plan no matter how prepared you are or how good it sounds on paper.

Does anybody believe great coaching/gameplan got them this win vs the Jets? I don't.

Here's what he said...

Without Jauron as Head Coach, Wendling is probably only answering questions through a drive-thru speaker.

Oh, and as far as the discussion as to whether good coaches have to be hard nose jerks or nice guys, it doesn't matter. Good coaches have the ability to consistently put their team in a position to succeed/win, and they can skin that cat any way they want.

How many times over the last 3/4 years has Jauron's teams squandered opportunities in close games to put the other team away, instead content to play it conservatively and trust that the other team won't overcome a 1 score deficit.

When your coach/coaching staff consistently take your team OUT of a position to succeed that's the surest mark of a bad coach. You can forgive a coach an odd time or 2 for making a bad decision but Jauron's overall W/L record speaks for itself.