who should buy the Bills?

toddgurley

I have not done alot of research on this subject, but I am pretty sure that the Green Bay Packers are owned by the fans. I beleive that they simple own shares in the team, and that their is not "1 sole owner of the team"

Now this seems to work well for them, and there are some similiarites between our teams. (Both are small markets)

Maybe Bills fan should look into this, because Ralph needs to sell the team.

Does anyone off hand know what the Bills franchise is worth or what it may sell for? I heard that the Rams were 4 sale for roughly 85 Million-

I know that this may not be feasible (for fans to buy Bills) but it would be better than Ralph. Imagine, the Bills fans buy and set up a board member assoiciation to run the team, AND MAKE THE RIGHT MOVES TO GET THIS TEAM GOING IS A POSITIVE DIRECTION

FEEDBACK?

I have not done alot of research on this subject, but I am pretty sure that the Green Bay Packers are owned by the fans. I beleive that they simple own shares in the team, and that their is not "1 sole owner of the team"

Now this seems to work well for them, and there are some similiarites between our teams. (Both are small markets)

Does anyone off hand know what the Bills franchise is worth or what it may sell for? I heard that the Rams were 4 sale for roughly 85 Million-

I know that this may not be feasible (for fans to buy Bills) but it would be better than Ralph. Imagine, the Bills fans buy and set up a board member assoiciation to run the team, AND MAKE THE RIGHT MOVES TO GET THIS TEAM GOING IS A POSITIVE DIRECTION

FEEDBACK?

I can't believe no one's ever thought of it. Brilliant, Git'r done Russ...

The Bills are valued at $909 million. The Rams at $913 million according to Forbes. There will be no fan purchase of the Bills. In fact, it's doubtful that anyone will buy them for anything close to that price and keep them in WNY. Not enough corporations and not enough fans that will pay $100 a ticket. I'm afraid the Bills will leave the area sometime after RW goes.

FEEDBACK?

FEEDBACK?

I cant find the article, but the Ram deal is for roughly 700-750 Mil.

The Viking solds for 600 Mil. in 2005.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/feat...msb_vikingsale/

The Dolphins sold 95% of the team for 1.1 Bil ecently.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/20/wayne-h...o-stephen-ross/

I think Miami because of the city is worth a lot more. St. Louis is a much bigger city too and would be worth more if the team was not sh*t -- plus they have a very new/nice stadium. The Vikings sale IMO is the most comprable sale.

If I had to guess I would say the Bills sell for $700 Mil. With a 70,000 seat stadium, that is 10k a seat. Count me in on that investment. To comply with NFL rules, the team will not be a corperation, but 70,000 part owners -- Miami has like 40 celeb owners now, whats 70,000 fan owners in Buffalo?

I think Miami because of the city is worth a lot more. St. Louis is a much bigger city too and would be worth more if the team was not sh*t -- plus they have a very new/nice stadium. The Vikings sale IMO is the most comprable sale.

If I had to guess I would say the Bills sell for $700 Mil. With a 70,000 seat stadium, that is 10k a seat. Count me in on that investment. To comply with NFL rules, the team will not be a corperation, but 70,000 part owners -- Miami has like 40 celeb owners now, whats 70,000 fan owners in Buffalo?

Even if that did happen, I don't think it would give us much in the way of security. 70,000 part owners paid $10,000 each. What would happen when some billionaire offers $15,000 a seat? He'd only need 35,001 people to do it.

You have not done much research, because if you have you would know that the NFL prohibits public/fan ownership of franchises. Green Bay is grandfathered in.

PTR

Yes the NFL would have to create an exception for the Bills - something they are not likely to do just because fans would want this to be the case.

Yep. No chance of that.

Highly implausible. But the ownership rule is a good as any of the other NFL rules that are dependent, in some way, on some ancient anti-trust exemption. A series of influential and like-minded politicians could make it null and void or pressure to do the same.

If some type of public/private group came together with the highest bid, why shouldn't they be the "owner"?

My bad, there was supposed to be a zero on the end of that. As in 850 million.

And sorry I did not know the nfl prohibited that and that GB got grandfathered in, if thats true.

My 70,000 owner comment was somewhat of a joke aimed at the Fish. But doesnt anyone know how plausible it is that one billionaire buys 51% of the Bills, and then 35,000 fans could buy say a small part of ownership for $10,000? The Bills get one "owner" with a lot of small investers/part owners. I assume the NFL owners wouldnt aprrove of this.

The Bills are valued at $909 million. The Rams at $913 million according to Forbes. There will be no fan purchase of the Bills. In fact, it's doubtful that anyone will buy them for anything close to that price and keep them in WNY. Not enough corporations and not enough fans that will pay $100 a ticket. I'm afraid the Bills will leave the area sometime after RW goes.

The death of RW or whenever the Bills Stadium lease runs out with the Ralf! Then Hello City of Industry California!

Bills owned by the fans

Week 1 a dreadfull loss Bills style; FO, HC and some key players are all fired on the spot

Week 2 another loss; new FO is fired, HC and FA's attracted get another week

Week 3 a close win against the worst team in the league; all players have their contracts redone and receive 100% more

Week 4 a loss; FO, HC and 53 players are all fired

Week 5 etc etc etc