Bills to dump No Huddle Per PFT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they were ready to scrap it last week, but decided against it because every time they huddled, the hometown fans would start cheering and they wouldn't be able to hear anything.

At least this way, they'll be in NJ and the only sound will be laughing.

I'll take the contrarian view:

The no-huddle was not the problem. Inept overall strategy from the coaches and individual failures to perform are the problem.

Dumping the no-huddle isn't going to make Jauron play to win.

Dumping the no-hundle isn't going to make Edwards stop checking down to the fifth option for a two yard gain,

Dumping the no-huddle isn't going to reduce the penalties on the offensive line.

I'll tell you what it *will* do.

Dumping the no-huddle will mean that our inexperienced offensive line will have to recognize and deal with situational packages and substitutions.

Dumping the no-huddle will grant Jauron a pass on the offense for the rest of the season.

Dumping the no-huddle will be seen as another offensive 'change' for Edwards. Supporters in the organization will argue that it will nullify things for the purposes of evaluating him, he'll get an incomplete on the season and we won't know what to do about the QB position.

Amen. Why is it so hard to figure out that running the freakin' football is the one good thing we do on offense. Passing out of the shotgun is probably the worst thing but what we do the most. I thought when Fairchild left we weren't going to see the shotgun on 3rd and 2 anymore. I saw it Sunday.

FEED FRED

I agree. We've got 2 good backs who can do some serious damage to opposing defenses. We should at the very least try to impose our will on opposing D's and pound the rock 35+ times a game just like the Dolphins do. Even if its not successful at least it gives us a chance to win, what's wrong with that? If the fish can run a college style/sandlot football type of offense and be successful why can't we?

Bills are just getting ready for their usual run towards the 7-9 season. That way they can "end the season on a high note", Dick will keep his job, Edwards will remain QB, we can draft a WR/DB/TE with our first round pick next year and then we can do the same dance in 2010.

! :unsure:

Nine false starts against the Browns. Nine. NINE.

I've got to believe that just getting everyone together and asking "Does everyone know the snap count?" is going to be a measurable improvement.

^^^^^^

This.

I would categorize this decision in the same file as the brain storm that decided that going to a no huddle would be a good idea because Edwards performed very well in some games when he ran the hurry up offense.

Actually a good move.

Really...what could it hurt?

We certainly were not tricking anybody, we go three and out faster thus keeping our defense on the field longer, the scrubs who are playing the part of O-linemen are confused and penalized half the time. I say give them slow-blinkers a chance to ask what gap they are trying to block for in the huddle, and on what count and maybe they actually pull it off.

At this point any semblance of order by the offense including successfully huddling and breaking the huddle would be a step up from what we have had to endure.