Few Comments About The Game, and the

Bill from NYC

1) Schobel played as poorly as one could imagine.

2) Even I cannot blame the OL for this loss. This was primarily Drew.

3) Given the above, Jennings and MW were outmatched again. Sorry folks, but for 36 million dollars, you can't let a 230 pound spot player shove you aside on an inside move and cream your qb. MW is an average RT (or perhaps OG) who makes almost Pace money, and the team remains crippled by his contract.

4) Drew is done. I will now fully concede this.

5) JP as we know has been injured and sitting. Last night, he was running for his life. As much as I would like to see what he can do, I am haunted by the thought of him being crushed by another MW whiff, and there goes our top 10 pick.

6) While I dont blame fans for crying out for JP, I think that it would be wise to wait a week or 2. Let him practice and be more prepared. The season is shot in any event and there is no need to add him to the list of beaten and abused qbs this soon.

Just my $.02 on a sad day for Bills fans. :D

I would give JP a shot to start against the Rams. They're not a pushover defense, but they aren't the Patriots either. Let's see what JP can do with a full week of preparation.

If the Bills don't want to go that route, if Bledsoe keep up this Lady Liberty act for three more weeks, then it's time to anoint JP the starter vs Cleveland on 12/12 and let him finish out the year.

I love the Bills, as do you all or we wouldn't be here. I am growing increasingly apathetic towards my beloved team as long as Bledsoe remains the QB. If TD, Mularkey, et al keep insisting that Drew should be the starter, I'm going to start insisting that maybe there are better things to do with my time on Sunday afternoons. I haven't cleaned the lint out of my belly button in quite awhile and it may be preferable to watching another stinkfest like last night.

While I was a staunch supporter of Drew I too think he needs to sit. His confidence is gone. His skills are lacking. He just doesn't have it anymore. I love the guy but there comes a time when you just have to face reality. I don't want to rush JP in there and chance another injury since we have to go 7-0 to have any chance at making the playoffs so I wouldn't mind seeing him work in slowly but Drew is just through. On the flip side of it our supposed great defense looked like total stevestojan last night. The sucked and every body still bashes Drew. Yes he sucked as well but let's not forget how bad the defense stunk up the field last night too.

I'm a little scared of putting Losman in there. I think the kid is going to do wonders for this team, but he definitely was still hurting last night on that leg.

Although I will say this...if the Bills want to start Losman from here on in, it would be best for his confidence to start him at home. After the Rams game, we have to wait until Dec. 12th for another home game...can we wait that long for Losman to play?

I disagree, Drew can win the home games. Keep starting him at home. The road is a different ballgame. You need a guy to create a spark and JP could not be any worse than Drew. I'd give JP ample playing time in our remaining road games as long as his leg is healthy.

I disagree,  Drew can win the home games. Keep starting him at home. The road is a different ballgame.  You need a guy to create a spark and JP could not be any worse than Drew.  I'd give JP ample playing time in our remaining road games as long as his leg is healthy.

117699[/snapback]

Giving a rookie his first start on the road is insanity. You might as well make him call his own plays while you are at it. I know Drew can actually win some home games, but I'm betting that Losman could win the same games for us. I'd start him either this week against the Rams (and ONLY if he says his leg is feeling better and he really wants to start) or wait until Dec. 12th to do it and let him finish out the last 4 games.

I disagree,  Drew can win the home games. Keep starting him at home. The road is a different ballgame.  You need a guy to create a spark and JP could not be any worse than Drew.  I'd give JP ample playing time in our remaining road games as long as his leg is healthy.

117699[/snapback]

No, I would start JP this week, at home, against the St. Louis defense. Let the kid's first game be in The Ralph, in front 80,000 Bills fans. Give him ALL the snaps at practice, with the first team. Tossing him into a game on the road won't help him.

1) Schobel played as poorly as one could imagine.

2) Even I cannot blame the OL for this loss. This was primarily Drew.

3) Given the above, Jennings and MW were outmatched again. Sorry folks, but for 36 million dollars, you can't let a 230 pound spot player shove you aside on an inside move and cream your qb. MW is an average RT (or perhaps OG) who makes almost Pace money, and the team remains crippled by his contract.

4) Drew is done. I will now fully concede this.

5) JP as we know has been injured and sitting. Last night, he was running for his life. As much as I would like to see what he can do, I am haunted by the thought of him being crushed by another MW whiff, and there goes our top 10 pick.

6) While I dont blame fans for crying out for JP, I think that it would be wise to wait a week or 2. Let him practice and be more prepared. The season is shot in any event and there is no need to add him to the list of beaten and abused qbs this soon.

Just my $.02 on a sad day for Bills fans.  :D

117652[/snapback]

Truly a sad day.

Schobel was destroyed. Banta-Cain? Is that the guy that made MW look particularily stupid last night? I can't remember which 4th string LB that was. I know, anyone can look bad on one play but fer crissakes that was pitiful.

I agree with you on #4, I just got there a little while ago. The thought of JP getting destroyed is definitely in the back of my mind, but I think that he has to be given the opportunity. Give him a week of practice with the 1s. Let the coaches gameplan for his abilities and send him out there.

DB? Great guy. Sad excuse for a QB.

On the JP and Drew debate - I still contend that Drew remains the 'best available option to win' - and while we still have a mathmatical chance of going 9-7 and therefore making the playoffs I think we have to go with him.

If we lose against the Rams that al changes - but I don't want to see JP against the Seahawks D, so its a waiting game with some mop up appearances until Cleveland....

Yes Drew was at fault for much of the game - but the the OL leaked pass rushers like a sieve. I only see one guy I would want to keep from the starting unit last night and that is Villarial (maybe Tucker at a push)... I have defended Williams and Jennings enough. Can them. They are average at best.

Schobel was picked on - as he reverted to his same old same old pass rush of the 'speed move' to the outside. Doesn't work - I thought he'd worked on more moves. But apparantly not. He negated himself.

While I was a staunch supporter of Drew I too think he needs to sit. His confidence is gone. His skills are lacking. He just doesn't have it anymore. I love the guy but there comes a time when you just have to face reality. I don't want to rush JP in there and chance another injury since we have to go 7-0 to have any chance at making the playoffs so I wouldn't mind seeing him work in slowly but Drew is just through. On the flip side of it our supposed great defense looked like total stevestojan last night. The sucked and every body still bashes Drew. Yes he sucked as well but let's not forget how bad the defense stunk up the field last night too.

117686[/snapback]

Well, the defense came up large the first few drives but you can only be run down the field so many times before it comes back to haunt you. They looked tired early. NE just controlled the ball. We didn't. Those offensive three-and-outs are torturous on the defense.

RE: Drew I have always given him the benefit of the doubt and it hurts because he has his good games. But they are good games, usually against bad or unprepared teams, and nothing more. He is not a player to be counted on when times are tough. A few dropped passes, missed opportunities and he is rattled. No coming back. Put in JP. I would rather watch him face the hard learning curve in this lost season than ruin the next one.

Yes Drew was at fault for much of the game - but the the OL leaked pass rushers like a sieve.

I'll add that WM had no holes to run through all game. Also, the few times that Drew was right on target, his receivers dropped the ball.... Again....

Drew sucked, but the rest of the team sucked just as much last night - especially the defense.

CW

Christ folks JP's leg IS healthy. He may be sore but guess what? He will be for MONTHS. That stevestojan is part of getting hurt like that. Suck it up and get er' done!

JP needs to start Sunday against the RAMS at home. Give him 100% of the snaps this week, simplify the gameplan and let him play.

Well, the defense came up large the first few drives but you can only be run down the field so many times before it comes back to haunt you.  They looked tired early.  NE just controlled the ball.  We didn't.  Those offensive three-and-outs are torturous on the defense.

117784[/snapback]

Our D gave up 74 rushing yards to Dillon in the first quarter. THE FIRST QUARTER!!

He finished with over 150 yards, and Faulk added another 61. Inability to stop the run killed us. Our D generated no consistent pressure on Brady, but not to be outdone, the O displayed an amazing inability to move the ball (run or pass). That's a recipe for getting your ass handed to you, which is exactly what happened last night.

Our D gave up 74 rushing yards to Dillon in the first quarter.  THE FIRST QUARTER!!

117829[/snapback]

Dillon did kill us. But the score was what mattered. It was 3-0 after that first quarter. 6-0 into the second. The defense was keeping us in it. If the O could have kept them off the field for more than 30 seconds they might have had the wherewithal to stop Dillon. Also, if the offense had scored the defense might have thrown a parade that would have stopped the game and given us time to regroup and game-plan, since a week wasn't enough.

Let me spell it out: the offense was held to ZERO points. They couldn't even get the 2 point conversion with two attempts.

You don't need me to tell you that when Johathan "Farking" Smith is your highlight reel you are in big trouble.

117686[/snapback]

I was most disappointed in the D last night, too. I expected the offense to play like stevestojan. But I thought the D would play a lot better than they did. On DB's INT at the 2 yard line, I thought that sucks but they're at the 2. We hold them here we get decent field position. The D then lets them go 90 yards downfield and just happens to stop them for a figgie. Even though it was only 6-0 at that point (I believe it was only 6-0 anyway), to use the words of TMQ, at that point I knew it was GAME OVER. Offense couldn't move, Defense couldn't stop them.

Yes Drew was at fault for much of the game - but the the OL leaked pass rushers like a sieve.

117771[/snapback]

I only wish this were the reason Drew played so poorly last night Nick but it's not true. They protected Drew extremely well considering the circumstances and the D they were facing last night and he still played his absolute worst game ever!

Now if you want to talk about the O-line playing poorly last night, lets talk about their run blocking efforts....