'Riskiest' foods

Beerball

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that as well. Lettuce is bad...... Come on Man

Most foods held in the danger zone (between 40 and 140) are most susceptible to contamination seeing bacteria doesn't thrive under 40 or over 140. There was a big issue with spinach a few years ago. I worked for a company where we were not allowed to use sprouts because of that. But dont' tell me what I can and cannot eat. I HATE restaurants that say they will not serve hamburgers any less than medium. !@#$ you, it's my body. I've even offered to sign a waiver. Hell I eat ground beef out of the packet with a little salt and fresh ground black pepper......mmmmmmm. :lol:

Most foods held in the danger zone (between 40 and 140) are most susceptible to contamination seeing bacteria doesn't thrive under 40 or over 140. There was a big issue with spinach a few years ago. I worked for a company where we were not allowed to use sprouts because of that. But dont' tell me what I can and cannot eat. I HATE restaurants that say they will not serve hamburgers any less than medium. !@#$ you, it's my body. I've even offered to sign a waiver. Hell I eat ground beef out of the packet with a little salt and fresh ground black pepper......mmmmmmm. :lol:

Walked out of a restaurant for just that reason (though they would not go less than medium well).

Walked out of a restaurant for just that reason (though they would not go less than medium well).

You know it might be medium well. I worked for a chef (this guy was a great chef but nuts) who wouldn't let us send anything out of the kitchen cooked more than medium. "Anything over medium is ****, and I don't send **** out of my kitchen!" So if something came in medium well or well he's yell "nothing more than medium!!" We'd respond "Yes Chef!" and proceed to cook it the way the customer wanted. We knew he was right (he owned the place for god's sake) but we just didn't want to have to refire it when it was sent back.

You know it might be medium well. I worked for a chef (this guy was a great chef but nuts) who wouldn't let us send anything out of the kitchen cooked more than medium. "Anything over medium is ****, and I don't send **** out of my kitchen!" So if something came in medium well or well he's yell "nothing more than medium!!" We'd respond "Yes Chef!" and proceed to cook it the way the customer wanted. We knew he was right (he owned the place for god's sake) but we just didn't want to have to refire it when it was sent back.

I will eat plenty of raw stuff - good sashimi - carpaccio (sp?) but will not eat hamburger unless it is well done.

For a good cut of meat or fish I agree with your chef. I want to cry when my wife asks to turn agood piece of seafood into (essentially) well done and nearly dehydrated fish because she will not eat it any other way.

I will eat plenty of raw stuff - good sashimi - carpaccio (sp?) but will not eat hamburger unless it is well done.

For a good cut of meat or fish I agree with your chef. I want to cry when my wife asks to turn agood piece of seafood into (essentially) well done and nearly dehydrated fish because she will not eat it any other way.

What's the fear with the hamburger? Over handled?

steak tartar not on the list? I never had it, am dying to try it, but it seems like there'd be some risk from eating raw meat. Jim?

It should be on the list but it's not probablyl because you don't see it too much. But not only does it have raw meat, it has raw egg in it. :lol:

It should be on the list but it's not probablyl because you don't see it too much. But not only does it have raw meat, it has raw egg in it. :lol:

you enjoy it? I'm always looking to try new stuff. Took me til late in life (.... well, 27) to try sushi. Now I love it, and eat sushimi and all. Just wondering if tartar is good enough to risk... well, ya know... death. :lol:

you enjoy it? I'm always looking to try new stuff. Took me til late in life (.... well, 27) to try sushi. Now I love it, and eat sushimi and all. Just wondering if tartar is good enough to risk... well, ya know... death. :cry:

It won't kill you. You may wish you were dead but death from food borne illness is rare in this country.

What's the fear with the hamburger? Over handled?

Probably more to do with where it is served - sushi/sashimi joints tend to be very, even exceptionally, clean. I assume (perhaps wrongly) that they are also more mindful of their food storage and handling responsibilities.

Hamburger joint may be more of a hit or miss.

Probably more to do with where it is served - sushi/sashimi joints tend to be very, even exceptionally, clean. I assume (perhaps wrongly) that they are also more mindful of their food storage and handling responsibilities.

It's not the joint it's the fingernails of the person making the food.

Saw that as well. Lettuce is bad...... Come on Man

The problem with the spinach a few years ago was that the bacteria came from runoff from the nearby hills. Wild boar roam there and they were the source.

My B-I-L worked for Sysco at one time and had a route of Buffalo and NF area restaurants. He said some of the fanciest places had the filthiest kitchens.

When I was single, garlic was the riskiest food.

where's the deep fried butter?

I was talking to a woman from Texas who told me that was actually being served recently at the big fair near Dallas.

America, F___ YEAH! :cry:

No sushi for me- when I bring fresh halibut fillets home[fresh as in I caught them] the bottom of the cooler always has little red worms in it that look like they would love to bore a hole in your stomach and come out your eyes.