Before we throw the baby out ahead of the bath water

BuffaloBud

Looking at the depth chart and along with who played yesterday - am I not seeing something correctly? And, I'm not trying to make excuses.

OL

LT - Bell, 1 yr experience

LG - Levitre, rookie

C - Hangartner, 5 yr exp

RG - Wood, rookie

RT - Scott, 3 yr exp / Chambers, 5 yr exp

Ave exp = 2 yr

DL

LDE - Kelsay, 7 yr exp / Maybin, rookie

LDT - Stroud, 9 yr exp / Johnson, 6 yr exp

RDT - Williams, 4 yr exp

RDE - Schobel, 9 yr exp / Denny, 8 yr exp

Ave exp = 5.9 yr

LB

OLB - Ellison, 4 yr exp

MLB - Buggs, 2 yr exp (really a rookie as he was on PS last year)

OLB - Mitchell, 7 yr exp

Ave exp = 3.6 yr

DB

C - McGee, 7 yr exp

C - Florence, 7 yr exp

S - Byrd, rookie

S - Scott, 7 yr exp / Wilson, 4 yr exp

Ave exp = 4.9 yr exp

We are very young at OL and with very little depth. (I wonder how much weight the DL lost yesterday.)

Granted, I'm not happy with DJ. However, if I'm DJ pleading my case to RW to keep my job I would be showing this.

Looking at the depth chart and along with who played yesterday - am I not seeing something correctly? And, I'm not trying to make excuses.

OL

LG - Levitre, rookie

C - Hangartner, 5 yr exp

RG - Wood, rookie

Ave exp = 2 yr

DL

RDT - Williams, 4 yr exp

Ave exp = 5.9 yr

LB

OLB - Ellison, 4 yr exp

OLB - Mitchell, 7 yr exp

Ave exp = 3.6 yr

DB

C - McGee, 7 yr exp

C - Florence, 7 yr exp

S - Byrd, rookie

Ave exp = 4.9 yr exp

We are very young at OL and with very little depth. (I wonder how much weight the DL lost yesterday.)

Granted, I'm not happy with DJ. However, if I'm DJ pleading my case to RW to keep my job I would be showing this.

After 4 seasons, that's YOUR roster at work DJ.

OL

LG - Levitre, rookie

C - Hangartner, 5 yr exp

RG - Wood, rookie

Ave exp = 2 yr

DL

RDT - Williams, 4 yr exp

Ave exp = 5.9 yr

LB

OLB - Ellison, 4 yr exp

OLB - Mitchell, 7 yr exp

Ave exp = 3.6 yr

DB

C - McGee, 7 yr exp

C - Florence, 7 yr exp

S - Byrd, rookie

Ave exp = 4.9 yr exp

And if I am Ralph, I'm telling DJ "And your evaluations helped put us in this position. When do you expect to start taking responsibilities for your own poor decisions? How does NOW sound?"

OL

LG - Levitre, rookie

C - Hangartner, 5 yr exp

RG - Wood, rookie

Ave exp = 2 yr

DL

RDT - Williams, 4 yr exp

Ave exp = 5.9 yr

LB

OLB - Ellison, 4 yr exp

OLB - Mitchell, 7 yr exp

Ave exp = 3.6 yr

DB

C - McGee, 7 yr exp

C - Florence, 7 yr exp

S - Byrd, rookie

Ave exp = 4.9 yr exp

good lord, don't let them make me do it. don't make me point out that the great satan belichick had injuries out the wazoo during that first super bowl year and made it work. don't make me point out that dj's job is to build a team, consider the need for backups, and make a go at it. a reasonable fan can justify a lost season due to injuries, and we gave him that pass already. it's year 4, and injuries suck, but his master plan turned out to be to put an inexperienced offensive line on the field, and that he has done. on defense, we might well be 2-2 if our offense had any production last week. we might even be 3-1 if the offense travelled with the team down to miami this past weekend, but i don't want to be unreasonable, we're in the midst of a recession. maybe it made sense to leave them in buffalo and suit up the local semi-pro team instead.

what sucks for me is that i'm finding thinking there is zero passion on that team. they just are not any fun to watch.

Every team has injuries.

But how about answering this question: After 3 and 1/4 seasons as coach of the Bills, what is the Dick Jauron philosophy? What is the defining character of the team?

When you think of the Colts and Cards, you think of an attacking offense. When you think of the Ravens and Steelers, you think of a dominating defense.

What do you comes to mind when you think of a Dick Jauron team? What is the character and attitude of the team he coaches?

What we've seen is that his team has no real attitude or character. His coaching philosophy does not translate into winning football.

The guy is a flat-out failure. He can barely coach when he has a healthy team, much less deal with injuries that are common to every NFL team.

Every team has injuries.

But how about answering this question: After 3 and 1/4 seasons as coach of the Bills, what is the Dick Jauron philosophy? What is the defining character of the team?

When you think of the Colts and Cards, you think of an attacking offense. When you think of the Ravens and Steelers, you think of a dominating defense.

What do you comes to mind when you think of a Dick Jauron team? What is the character and attitude of the team he coaches?

What we've seen is that his team has no real attitude or character. His coaching philosophy does not translate into winning football.

The guy is a flat-out failure. He can barely coach when he has a healthy team, much less deal with injuries that are common to every NFL team.

Great post!

This team has no identity. Unless that identity is the inability to beat good teams and make fools of yourself on a national level.

OL

LG - Levitre, rookie

C - Hangartner, 5 yr exp

RG - Wood, rookie

Ave exp = 2 yr

DL

RDT - Williams, 4 yr exp

Ave exp = 5.9 yr

LB

OLB - Ellison, 4 yr exp

OLB - Mitchell, 7 yr exp

Ave exp = 3.6 yr

DB

C - McGee, 7 yr exp

C - Florence, 7 yr exp

S - Byrd, rookie

Ave exp = 4.9 yr exp

fair enough BUT if it were only a roster thing with Jauron thats one thing. but we've seen 1st hand on several instances Jauron make the most inept, bone headed and downright irresponsible decisons at critical times during a game to know that HE'S A LOSER NO MATTER WHO'S ON THE ROSTER. seriously this guy would lose with the pro-bowl roster.

What does this have to do with the defense getting gashed by basically a rookie QB and over 250 yards rushing? oh yeaaaah it was "hot" outside.

Sorry, but it's not that simple. Henne did'nt gash us, the running attack is what killed the Bills. And the reason for that is simple......injuries.

Let's face it, Marcus Buggs, George Wilson & Jairus Byrd are not Paul Posluszny, Bryan Scott & Donte Whitner. Let's pray that they come back sooner.

Sorry, but it's not that simple. Henne did'nt gash us, the running attack is what killed the Bills. And the reason for that is simple......injuries.

Let's face it, Marcus Buggs, George Wilson & Jairus Byrd are not Paul Posluszny, Bryan Scott & Donte Whitner. Let's pray that they come back sooner.

And whose decisions over the past four years have placed us in a situation with such weak depth at key positions?

OL

LG - Levitre, rookie

C - Hangartner, 5 yr exp

RG - Wood, rookie

Ave exp = 2 yr

DL

RDT - Williams, 4 yr exp

Ave exp = 5.9 yr

LB

OLB - Ellison, 4 yr exp

OLB - Mitchell, 7 yr exp

Ave exp = 3.6 yr

DB

C - McGee, 7 yr exp

C - Florence, 7 yr exp

S - Byrd, rookie

Ave exp = 4.9 yr exp

Bull.. Jauron has a say in EVERY personnel decision that is being made. It all falls back to him..

And if I am Ralph, I'm telling DJ "And your evaluations helped put us in this position. When do you expect to start taking responsibilities for your own poor decisions? How does NOW sound?"

And I fire back, "Only an idiot with the intelligence level of a Bills fan thinks the coach should decide personnel instead of an experienced GM."

Have fun freezing in the snow on Sunday, while the Browns run up the score.

Have fun freezing in the snow on Sunday, while the Browns run up the score.

Okay, non football related post here...

Is there really a possibility of snow in Buffalo on Sunday :blink: or were you just being sarcastic? I'll be in Erie this weekend, and if it snows in Buffalo chances are it will snow there too

OK....point taken

But who allowed the starting lineup to look like that?

When I said trading away Jason Peters was a good idea....and that D. Bell would be fine at tackle.....I didn't expect:

- Us to flat out cut the player that worked at LT the entire offseason right before start of the regular season games

- Not bring in some veteran backup swing men who have actually started at least some games for other teams

Who allowed this team to get to the point where we had two players that couldn't make the cut anywhere else as oru LT's.....

thats right.....Bills mgt and coaches.

Take a look at other football teams that have deep threats at WR......they are getting THEM the ball.

There is simply no excuse for what is going on with this team.

OL

LG - Levitre, rookie

C - Hangartner, 5 yr exp

RG - Wood, rookie

Ave exp = 2 yr

DL

RDT - Williams, 4 yr exp

Ave exp = 5.9 yr

LB

OLB - Ellison, 4 yr exp

OLB - Mitchell, 7 yr exp

Ave exp = 3.6 yr

DB

C - McGee, 7 yr exp

C - Florence, 7 yr exp

S - Byrd, rookie

Ave exp = 4.9 yr exp

But, DJ has some say in personnel matters and what about Walker...he's a RT....

OK....point taken

But who allowed the starting lineup to look like that?

When I said trading away Jason Peters was a good idea....and that D. Bell would be fine at tackle.....I didn't expect:

- Us to flat out cut the player that worked at LT the entire offseason right before start of the regular season games

- Not bring in some veteran backup swing men who have actually started at least some games for other teams

Who allowed this team to get to the point where we had two players that couldn't make the cut anywhere else as oru LT's.....

thats right.....Bills mgt and coaches.

Take a look at other football teams that have deep threats at WR......they are getting THEM the ball.

There is simply no excuse for what is going on with this team.

I have no idea but I won't be surprised if Walker asked for his release. He got richard over a little bit and probably won't have been thrilled to be here still.

It would've, however, been DJ's decision to stack the box with 8-9 defenders, forcing Henne to beat you with his arm.