Pennington

Casey D

Per Peter King of NBC, via Bob Costas during the post-game show, Pennington is doubtful due to a shoulder injury he suffered in the third quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Chargers.

If Pennington is unable to go next weekend, Chad Henne will likely get the start. Henne was 10 of 19 for 92 yards and an interception in relief of Pennington.

Link

Good news for the Bills if it proves to be true.

I disagree that it's potentially good news. Now Miami has a rallying point at home against a divisional opponent. We will still need to stop the run regardless and we didn't look good doing that yesterday including BEFORE the 4th qtr.

Our O-line was exposed yesterday and Pennington's absence isn't going to have any impact on how we respond to their front seven.

Our only hope is to have success early and get a lead. Something we're not good at doing. I get the impression this team is close to imploding. It's been awhile since I witnessed such a complete laydown like I did yesterday. Subject for another thread.

GO BILLS!!!

I know that this is going to sound a little strange, but man are we sitting pretty.

They way that I look at it, is that, if Stiff Dick doesn't win this one against a back-up

former baseball player, he can kiss his ass goodbye.

If he does, we are still in the thick of things, and ditto this for the following week,

maybe the rset of the season. Dick, IMHO, is no longer coaching this season for

his job, he is coaching this Sunday, for his job.

That is at least what I hope, and would do, if I were pulling the strings.

I disagree that it's potentially good news. Now Miami has a rallying point at home against a divisional opponent. We will still need to stop the run regardless and we didn't look good doing that yesterday including BEFORE the 4th qtr.

Our O-line was exposed yesterday and Pennington's absence isn't going to have any impact on how we respond to their front seven.

Our only hope is to have success early and get a lead. Something we're not good at doing. I get the impression this team is close to imploding. It's been awhile since I witnessed such a complete laydown like I did yesterday. Subject for another thread.

GO BILLS!!!

What are you talking about? NO is a very good team. Brees is some kind of God and he did little passing. It was a 3 point game until late.

We have a young and banged up offensive line. A still developing QB, and a coach who makes poor strategic decisions most of the time. We lost, but your breathless hyperbole about it was a "complete laydown is nonsense." CD

Great another rookie/unknown backup gets to play the Bills and have a Pro Bowl worthy, career day against us while we get to hear our guys say things like "they did some things we hadn't seen before" in the post game press conference. Everyone will begin to talk about how good Henning is only to have him continue to start and suck balls against every other team in the league.

Stop. I wanna get off. :wallbash:

What are you talking about? NO is a very good team. Brees is some kind of God and he did little passing. It was a 3 point game until late.

We have a young and banged up offensive line. A still developing QB, and a coach who makes poor strategic decisions most of the time. We lost, but your breathless hyperbole about it was a "complete laydown is nonsense." CD

First, it's just a football game and harldy worth getting breathless about. Just not that important in the scheme of things.

And I agree with what you for the most part. Young team. Banged up line. Developing QB. All of that.

But we completely laid down after we punted with 7 minutes to go. From the coaches on down. And that was evident on the next defensive series. Perhaps I could have qualified my statement better.

GO BILLS!!!

First, it's just a football game and harldy worth getting breathless about. Just not that important in the scheme of things.

And I agree with what you for the most part. Young team. Banged up line. Developing QB. All of that.

But we completely laid down after we punted with 7 minutes to go. From the coaches on down. And that was evident on the next defensive series. Perhaps I could have qualified my statement better.

GO BILLS!!!

Fair enough. That decision by DJ was just another in a series of head scratchers. It was obvious the D was gassed at that point. Down by 2 scores, the O needed to give the D a breather and some hope to get them to play hard. The punt was a white flag.

Which is what is most amazing about DJ's decision making. He is neither conservative nor gambling--he is conservative when he should gamble and gambles when he should play it safe. The punt yesterday was an example of when a gamble was in order but he went conservative--but he goes both ways:

Game 1, he does not tell McKelvin to take a knee or if he took the ball out, go down when he hit resistance. Instead he gambles for no reason and loses the ball.

Last year-- Losman rolling out against the Jets when a knee or handoff would end the game--gambles when he should play it safe.

Last Year-- Settles for a 47 FG attempt against Cleveland on a cold and windy night... conservative when a slight risk was required to get an easier kick.

Two years ago-- Dallas on Monday night--is passing the ball late in the game when the Bills are within chip shot range of a FG that would sew up the game. Gets picked--Bills go on to lose. Gambles when playing it safe is the right call.

There are more of these than I can recall off the top, but DJ makes decisions like this that are just really bad. He's the George Costanza of coaches--every instinct he has seems to be wrong--he should just do the opposite... CD

Looks like Pennington is out for the year... per ESPN...

probably help them. they already had to use a make-up offense to compensate for his weak arm. if anything having a QB that can throw it over 30 yards might help.

for chad that might be all for him career-wise if its the same shoulder he's already had surgery on

I actually feel bad for Pennington. The guy has played QB like the Black Knight in Monty Python & the Holy Grail. His shoulder has been shredded and operated on numerous times, and he keeps gutting it out. The latest injury could be the end of the line for him.

Me too. Good, smart QB--but these shoulder troubles are too much to overcome, esp. when you have a weak arm to begin with.

From EPSN:

Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Pennington has been initially diagnosed with a torn capsule in his throwing shoulder and the Dolphins expect him to miss the rest of the season, sources familiar with the injury he suffered Sunday told ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen.