Maybe some of us were wrong...whether we want to admit it or not!&

Poeticlaw

Truer words have never been spoken. :thumbdown:

I happen to think Brandon and the boys have short changed DJ with far too many rookies and inexperienced players all over the roster. But if he can WIN with these kids, and at least improve to 8-8-0 this season, perhaps even getting Owens to sign for another year or two, I will call this season successful for Dick. With this many back ups and even starters having almost zero NFL experience, I simply can't see the team hanging in there at the end and making the playoffs this season.

I like most of your post, but ...

FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T RE-SIGN OWENS!! The second year would be a horror show, as has been shown again and again.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I am the first to say I want DJ gone. But i have to admit something, as much as I dislike him and his methods he is showing me something different this season. We finally got a center, we are going with younger more mobile lineman and an offense thats is totally opposite of DJ. He fired an OC that wasnt getting the job done before the start of the season.

He has not been playing not too lose has been playing to win.

The offense is looking better to watch and should only get better as the season progresses even better once Lynch returns it will be a nice one two punch with these two in there regardless of who thinks who should start both will be valuable all season long as the truck makes room for the ferrari.

For those of us valuing TO on catches or how many more catches Lee has we are overlooking the other value the running game as many want to believe its purely Jackson its the fact that the defenses are not playing close to scrimmage anymore they cant do that and lose the big play to evans or TO so they lose in the running game. Also TO is our best run blocking WR on the team!

The defense looks better then it has but the DC needs to stop changing philosphy when the game is on the line.

I actually think this team is goint to be one of the best statiscal teams since 2003 and if it is it would be because of the dierection of managment and the coaching of the despised DJ and that would buy him another year. Just coming close to beating the Pats in week 1 was enough to give him a little pass. If he would have won he would have been untouchable for the rest of the season.

The truth is DJ has this team ready to play new oc, new OL and a rb short to boot. DJ might actually be better than we might admit too. But as its been said before "WINNING HEALS ALL WOUNDS" and for us if he actually brings us to the Playoffs with this team he desrves the credit but I will wait until that time to give hime credit for that for now i am giving him credit for what he has done to date. I am actually becoming more optimistic about the season and might actually feel that my 7-9 projection might be off by 3-4 games they way we are playing now.

I just thought I would post my thoughts and see if any of the other pessimist and realist might be seeing it the same way or not.

Pretty much agree with everything posted here, except above in bold, that should be the other

way around.

I too see a change in DJ, he must have realized, "that if you always do what you've always done, you always

get what you've always got". No more 7-9, please.

When will people admit :

THAT PRESEASON GAMES DON'T COUNT

I think everyone realizes preseason games dont count. When will you admit

PRESEASON GAMES DO MEAN SOMETHING

While some around here were pretending that the putrid performance in the preseason by the offense was something to be dismissed, it was the final straw for Turk Schonert and Langston Walker. Trent Edwards and Lee Evans, who both were talking to the press like the performances were meaningless, were voicing their worries about the offense to Dick Jauron behind closed doors.

While I understand that some people here were getting way to worked up and fatalistic about the preseason, I had to laugh at the others mocking them and acting like it was nothing. It was clear in the preseason that something needed to be done about the offense and it was. That was the undeniable truth and the corrective actions of the Bills were the ultimate proof of this truth.

First off I am the first to say I want DJ gone. But i have to admit something, as much as I dislike him and his methods he is showing me something different this season. We finally got a center, we are going with younger more mobile lineman and an offense thats is totally opposite of DJ. He fired an OC that wasnt getting the job done before the start of the season.

The offense is looking better to watch and should only get better as the season progresses even better once Lynch returns it will be a nice one two punch with these two in there regardless of who thinks who should start both will be valuable all season long as the truck makes room for the ferrari.

For those of us valuing TO on catches or how many more catches Lee has we are overlooking the other value the running game as many want to believe its purely Jackson its the fact that the defenses are not playing close to scrimmage anymore they cant do that and lose the big play to evans or TO so they lose in the running game. Also TO is our best run blocking WR on the team!

The defense looks better then it has but the DC needs to stop changing philosphy when the game is on the line.

I actually think this team is goint to be one of the best statiscal teams since 2003 and if it is it would be because of the dierection of managment and the coaching of the despised DJ and that would buy him another year. Just coming close to beating the Pats in week 1 was enough to give him a little pass. If he would have won he would have been untouchable for the rest of the season.

The truth is DJ has this team ready to play new oc, new OL and a rb short to boot. DJ might actually be better than we might admit too. But as its been said before "WINNING HEALS ALL WOUNDS" and for us if he actually brings us to the Playoffs with this team he desrves the credit but I will wait until that time to give hime credit for that for now i am giving him credit for what he has done to date. I am actually becoming more optimistic about the season and might actually feel that my 7-9 projection might be off by 3-4 games they way we are playing now.

I just thought I would post my thoughts and see if any of the other pessimist and realist might be seeing it the same way or not.

New OC is the biggest reason for the mediocre start. Things are falling into place for DJ at this point, but IMO he should be released now. PF should also be released, this defense could run itself and PF is in the way.

...there's roughly 16 coordeinators making more than DJ. Ralph is extrememly cheap, every decision he makes is based on how much money he "doesnt have to" spend, firing DJ is totally moot.

Bad as it sounds, ownership is just as much to blame for this team not winning. Great he started the team...what have you done for me lately.

Many maybe. Me personally I didnt buy in to the 4-0 last season I saw us being outplayed and being lucky enough to pull out the win. This season I am actually since us being competetive just the change in DJS philosphy of playing not to lose I beleive is the difference this season.

You could say we were outplayed the 2nd and 3rd quarters against Tampa Bay, in which it seemed like our offense was just going through the motions. We were just fortunate enough that they couldn't prevent themselves from facemask penalties as well as other penalties on about every other play. There have been positive signs in the first two games, as well as several negatives, but 2 games is about 6 or 7 games too early to be convinced it is a whole new attitude and chemistry on the Bills sidelines. Go Bills!

I'll admit, I had very little faith in the complete rebuilding of the offensive line this off season and stated my concern openly on this board. The line appears to have gotten better with the newer younger players, and the no huddle is working.

I think a lot has to do with AVP calling the plays instead of Schonert, it just goes to show what a difference one coach can make.

While some around here were pretending that the putrid performance in the preseason by the offense was something to be dismissed, it was the final straw for Turk Schonert and Langston Walker. Trent Edwards and Lee Evans, who both were talking to the press like the performances were meaningless, were voicing their worries about the offense to Dick Jauron behind closed doors.

While I understand that some people here were getting way to worked up and fatalistic about the preseason, I had to laugh at the others mocking them and acting like it was nothing. It was clear in the preseason that something needed to be done about the offense and it was. That was the undeniable truth and the corrective actions of the Bills were the ultimate proof of this truth.

Well count me in as one of the one's who were laughing at those who thought the world was going to end. It happens all the time, people start thinking aloud with their actions, and I find it humorous.

My comment of "Preseason games don't count" was an intentional use of hyperbole, targeted towards the flock of bipolar headless chickens that roam around the board.

Of course there is a value to Preseason games, it helps assess what needs to be corrected and who can hopefully get the job done, but to get carried away with the negativity that has been displayed here is laughable.

Not trying to be critical, but your post is really hard to read. Commas and periods would help.

Well count me in as one of the one's who were laughing at those who thought the world was going to end. It happens all the time, people start thinking aloud with their actions, and I find it humorous.

My comment of "Preseason games don't count" was an intentional use of hyperbole, targeted towards the flock of bipolar headless chickens that roam around the board.

Of course there is a value to Preseason games, it helps assess what needs to be corrected and who can hopefully get the job done, but to get carried away with the negativity that has been displayed here is laughable.

I believe I'm understanding your intended use of the hyperbole but part of my point is that you choose to use this hyperbole at all. You call these folks bipolar headless chickens, but what does that make you? So there's a group of people who get bipolar over the Bills and there's the group of people(like you) who get bipolar over people getting bipolar about the Bills. Other than a different bipolar trigger, I don't see a lot of difference between the 2 groups.

The funny thing to me (imo) was that the headless bipolar chicken group was closer to being right than your "all is well, remain calm you headless bipolar chickens" group. And in all honesty, I don't think I was extreme but I felt the offense had some significant problems based on its preseason performances.

Believe me, I fully agree with your distaste to the extreme reactionism that regularly occurs on this board. I do my best to ignore it and not participate in it because everyone's entitled to their own opinion but then to engage it simply prolongs it. Unfortunately, I could now be considered guilty of doing that too, so I'll stop. :devil:

I'm not intending to be insulting with this so my apologies in advance if it comes off that way, you seem reasonably minded and I'm just asking you to consider the entire picture here.

I give DJ credit for hanging in there under pressure. I still think he has very minimal game management skills.

A LOT can happen in 14 games. This team has already incurred two injuries to starters and no one knows how this will affect them. DJ is the same coach, regardless of who the OC and #1 WR are. The defense made some nice plays on Sunday, but also allowed TB to throw when the run was removed later in the second half.

Edwards needs to continue improving and learn to trust Owens and Evans. The lack of passes thrown to Evans was a little bothersome, but I'm interested to see how or if the Bills can stay ahead of opposing defenses. Adapting is the key in the NFL, and Turkey Schonert couldn't do it last year after the 5-1 start.

Let's hope the Bills continue to play well.

If the result is 8-8 or worse, let's really hope DJ out... but not count on it.

Personally, should the Bills go 11-5 and make the playoffs, I would want DJ gone; witness the 2002 Bears.

If and only if the Bills get to the superbowl, win or lose, let's retain DJ.

Not sure Ralph shares my sentiments though.

I believe I'm understanding your intended use of the hyperbole but part of my point is that you choose to use this hyperbole at all. You call these folks bipolar headless chickens, but what does that make you? So there's a group of people who get bipolar over the Bills and there's the group of people(like you) who get bipolar over people getting bipolar about the Bills. Other than a different bipolar trigger, I don't see a lot of difference between the 2 groups.

I believe you don't understand the word bipolar, someone who is bipolar is a person that one moment is extremely happy about something, than the next moment on the very same topic are extremely depressed, in other words wild mood swings. I don't see how you came to the conclusion that I have displayed that sort of attitude, I'm pretty consistent when it comes to laughing at people, so I would say that your example was pretty poor, where as mine was accurate, because that is exactly how people are when it comes to the Bills. They have a poor preseason outing and now the "Bills will go 3-13 for the year" and "Trent can't throw the ball further than 20 yards down the field" or "we will be lucky to get 5 sacks through out the season" and etc. etc. :rolleyes:

The funny thing to me (imo) was that the headless bipolar chicken group was closer to being right than your "all is well, remain calm you headless bipolar chickens" group. And in all honesty, I don't think I was extreme but I felt the offense had some significant problems based on its preseason performances.

"All is well, remain calm you headless bipolar chickens" Where did you get that from? I will tell you where, out your ass. No offense but it's the truth, no where did I even come close to implying a comment such as that. Just because I don't partake in the negativity doesn't necessarily equate to "All is well" sort of comments on my behalf, it just means that I decide to mock those that go over board.

Believe me, I fully agree with your distaste to the extreme reactionism that regularly occurs on this board. I do my best to ignore it and not participate in it because everyone's entitled to their own opinion but then to engage it simply prolongs it. Unfortunately, I could now be considered guilty of doing that too, so I'll stop. :lol:

Well, I was just about to go there, and actually I think I will, so now you are criticizing the way I criticize others, ok :devil:

I'm not intending to be insulting with this so my apologies in advance if it comes off that way, you seem reasonably minded and I'm just asking you to consider the entire picture here.

Thanks, no offense taken

Well said ... nobody can say where we would be if Turk was still in charge. Odds are we would be 0-2 and the Patsies* would have killed us. Clearly, just speculation but you have to acknowledge that AVP is doing a really good job so far.

disagree on TO being best blocking receiver. without a doubt josh is by far our best blocking receiver IMO.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will see a single win against a bad team as a sign that all is well and the Bills are heading for the playoffs. Truth be told, even those who predicted the team to go 2-14 counted the Bucs game as one of those two wins. Let's chill out, people.

Amen