Protect the insurance companies PSA

justnzane

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol is about right - great to see actual healthcare practitioners like 13 ('House') and Dr. Turk ('Scrubs') doing their best to enlighten the ignorant masses about the crucial issue of national healthcare - especially since most of us haven't even read the bill as thoroughly as they have :thumbdown:

And of course, having an intellectual heavyweight like Will Ferrell throwing his weight behind the cause can't hurt either , especially when it comes to discussing overpaid insurance execs - after all, who knows more about being overpaid than Ferrell...

Will Farrell's pay:

* Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006): $20,000,000

* Bewitched (2005): $20,000,000

* Kicking & Screaming (2005): $20,000,000

lol is about right - great to see actual healthcare practitioners like 13 ('House') and Dr. Turk ('Scrubs') doing their best to enlighten the ignorant masses about the crucial issue of national healthcare - especially since most of us haven't even read the bill as thoroughly as they have :thumbdown:

And of course, having an intellectual heavyweight like Will Ferrell throwing his weight behind the cause can't hurt either , especially when it comes to discussing overpaid insurance execs - after all, who knows more about being overpaid than Ferrell...

Will Farrell's pay:

I wonder how many people who "can't afford" health insurance have wasted $10 on a movie, $15 for soda & popcorn or $100 a month on cable to support these great humanatarians and their modest lifestyles?

*I know this is just supposed to be a funny skit, but I get sick of the ridiculous hypocrisy of celebrities.

I wonder how many people who "can't afford" health insurance have wasted $10 on a movie, $15 for soda & popcorn or $100 a month on cable to support these great humanatarians and their modest lifestyles?

Indeed - people who make millions churning out one unwatchable piece of bilge after another inexplicably feel no shame in accusing insurance executives of being overpaid. :thumbdown:

*I know this is just supposed to be a funny skit, but I get sick of the ridiculous hypocrisy of celebrities.

Because you can get a great healthcare plan for $125 a month. :thumbdown:

Because you can get a great healthcare plan for $125 a month. :thumbdown:

And when you use that brilliant logic a few times a month you have wasted enough money on luxuries to pay for health insurance.

Here is a question for the outspoken advocates of healthcare reform. Last time you went to the doctor or had a non-emergency procedure performed, did you research the cost and success rates of the available doctors and hospitals? Did you make sure that you were being charged the correct amount and using the most economical option available? Or did you simply pay your co-pay and turn a blind eye to the costs since it didn't affect your bottom line at the time? Maybe if more people held hospitals accountable at the time of service we wouldn't see such abuse in billing. Maybe you are a huge part of the problem and need to take responsibility for some of the messed up system we have today. People spend more time and effort researching a major appliance purchase than knee surgery.

And when you use that brilliant logic a few times a month you have wasted enough money on luxuries to pay for health insurance.

Here is a question for the outspoken advocates of healthcare reform. Last time you went to the doctor or had a non-emergency procedure performed, did you research the cost and success rates of the available doctors and hospitals? Did you make sure that you were being charged the correct amount and using the most economical option available? Or did you simply pay your co-pay and turn a blind eye to the costs since it didn't affect your bottom line at the time? Maybe if more people held hospitals accountable at the time of service we wouldn't see such abuse in billing. Maybe you are a huge part of the problem and need to take responsibility for some of the messed up system we have today. People spend more time and effort researching a major appliance purchase than knee surgery.

If insurance companies actually paid what the hospital actually "bills" you might have an agruement.

lol is about right - great to see actual healthcare practitioners like 13 ('House') and Dr. Turk ('Scrubs') doing their best to enlighten the ignorant masses about the crucial issue of national healthcare - especially since most of us haven't even read the bill as thoroughly as they have :devil:

Will Farrell's pay:

That's exactly how I felt after seeing that piece, which I'll admit was funny in spots. As if any of those well-paid actors will be going on the public option. :rolleyes:

It's like the Democrats saying "the public option is great...but it won't apply to us." Ask vets and Native Americans what kind of care they receive from government-run health care.

Huh?

Just keep blaming everyone else and play the victim card whenever possible. I noticed you didn't bother to answer my question though.

Huh is an appropriate response considering I never tried to blame anyone or play the victim.

You should really try to research things on your own from independent sources instead or relying on right/left wing talking points. You'll be more informed, feel better about yourself, and won't be so angry.

Huh is an appropriate response considering I never tried to blame anyone or play the victim.

You should really try to research things on your own from independent sources instead or relying on right/left wing talking points. You'll be more informed, feel better about yourself, and won't be so angry.

I've had my health insurance licenses for ten years and have sold small group and individual insurance in almost every state. I work with people who have lost their jobs and need to find individual coverage or sign up for COBRA. Where did you do all your research?

Blaming the evil insurance company CEOs for making too much profit (that's their job by the way) is not going to solve anything. Until people demand the best service at the lowest costs from their health care providers, and in turn their insurance companies, the insurance companies will simply charge whatever is necessary to cover those inflated costs. It's obviously not the only change necessary, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than trying to churn up anger at companies that make too much money. Here's a newsflash, they are not going to stop maximizing profits and when they cannot make a profit they will stop providing the service. (probably what the government is shooting for anyway)

I guess the politicians figure that it worked with the oil companies, why not try it again.

I've had my health insurance licenses for ten years and have sold small group and individual insurance in almost every state. I work with people who have lost their jobs and need to find individual coverage or sign up for COBRA. Where did you do all your research?

:devil:

The TV tells them what to think

Blaming the evil insurance company CEOs for making too much profit (that's their job by the way) is not going to solve anything.

I found this statement to be concerning. to provide someone with health insurance should be more about helping a paying customer in need and fulfilling your end of the deal. I am not saying that they shouldn't make a profit, but they shouldn't drop coverage on someone who gets sick to make their bottom line go up.

Here's a newsflash, they are not going to stop maximizing profits and when they cannot make a profit they will stop providing the service. (probably what the government is shooting for anyway)

there is a difference between maximizing profits and telling a paying customer to !@#$ off

That's exactly how I felt after seeing that piece, which I'll admit was funny in spots. As if any of those well-paid actors will be going on the public option. :rolleyes:

It's like the Democrats saying "the public option is great...but it won't apply to us." Ask vets and Native Americans what kind of care they receive from government-run health care.

My father has been dealing with the VA for over 50+ years... He would tell you that he doesn't have any problem with them... He actually went private for a spell in the 1980's, since went back to the VA. Maybe his expectations are low and others are too high... The again, he was born dirt poor during the height of The Depression. But, he is well into his 70's and still kicking!

Indeed - people who make millions churning out one unwatchable piece of bilge after another inexplicably feel no shame in accusing insurance executives of being overpaid. :lol:

:rolleyes::doh: BINGO!

I agree Sen... The entertainment business is one thing people really need to cut out of their life... They can still pick it up when the original price goes down (ie: video, DVD, etc...).

I found this statement to be concerning. to provide someone with health insurance should be more about helping a paying customer in need and fulfilling your end of the deal. I am not saying that they shouldn't make a profit, but they shouldn't drop coverage on someone who gets sick to make their bottom line go up.

there is a difference between maximizing profits and telling a paying customer to !@#$ off

Insurance company profit margin is so low, that they HAVE to do these things in order to stay in business. These companies wouldn't drop their patients if the cost of care was lower.