Ref caught cheating for Patriots

Doc

Well what it means is quite obvious - if the Bills held the Cheatriettes* on that 3rd down or, worse from the ref's perspective, pushed them back, it would have brought up 4th down. By moving the ball on 3rd down, the refs clearly thought they could avoid the scrutiny that doing it on 4th would certainly have drawn.

Even more risky for the refs had the Bills had held the Patsies* to bring up 4th down, then held the NE* on 4th down - imagine what scenario or non-existent penalty the refs would have had to make up to sustain that drive for NE* and allow them* to score the critical TD that allowed them* to go on to win the game!

Watch the ref again closely as he picks the ball up high enough to feign wiping it twice before he re-places it on the field - it almost looks as though he's uncomfortable with what he's about to do, as if he's looking to see if anyone's watching! Even Marcia Bardy* did not seem her* usual unctuous, cocky self as she* left the field - ignoring sideline reporters and the opportunity to mug for a nat'l TV audience. I wonder if she*, too, is getting uncomfortable with all the blatant cheating and game-fixing?

I am so sick of the scripted NFL charade that they call sport.

Does your butt hurt

Change your diaper, and quit watching if you're so sick of the "charade"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain to me how did the ref effect the game by picking up the ball, right before the center grabs it, wiping it off and setting it down 6 inches - 1 foot closer to the line.

What effect did that have when Brady shredded the pass through our defense anyways?

It was not even relevant, except that it looked on purpose. It is a different story, on my part, if Brady does not complete the pass and they run for no gain, but still get the 1st due to the previous spot that gave them 6-12 inches.

What effect does calling Light for a 5-yard illegal procedure penalty on the play, instead of it going for a first down, have to do with the game? Or what effect does having to run another play on 4th and 1 have on the game? Gee, I don't know! Maybe that they take time off the clock and/or move them back. And it wasn't like these were isolated incidents.

Does your butt hurt

Change your diaper, and quit watching if you're so sick of the "charade"

You mean to say that you like the charade? Would you like to add a coherent thought without the childish insults?

Should the refs stop the game after every play during the two minute drill ON A TURF FIELD to wipe off the ball, when they had time to exchange it for a new one?

not to worry - she's just a cheatriettes* troll - ha en't seen her or her other qand she knows i'm right anyway.

No, I think you need your head examined. The sad thing is, when you made that post, you weren't joking. You really believe that bile.

4th, you are a base liar. I will not consider for a second that you are not able to put that spot within a yard of its proper place. If I am wrong and you have a disability that prevents you from being able to see or understand this issue, please let us know.

EDIT: I have now read your posts. I didnt realize that you are a patriots* fan. I am sorry I complimented you by calling you a base liar. However, my praise or condemnation will mean very little to you in the afterlife, where Satan will absentmindedly twist your limbs into grotesque contortions while molten worms devour you from the inside. Only the pitiless dark lord will hear your desperate cries as their echo from the walls of the boiling cauldron that will be your solitary hell for all eternity will mock you.

You mean to say that you like the charade? Would you like to add a coherent thought without the childish insults?

Should the refs stop the game after every play during the two minute drill ON A TURF FIELD to wipe off the ball, when they had time to exchange it for a new one?

not to worry - she's just a cheatriettes* troll, and she knows i'm right anyway.

haven't seen her or her other queer buddy 'luke warm pisswater' on TBD for quite a while, and figured we wouldn't unless her team* won*. typical freakin' ne* queer fan*, though - wouldn't have heard a peep if they* lost, but now that the patsies* got another 'gift' from the nfl - and all the nude gay beaches in P-town are closed - i expect those 2 fags will be back every now and then (i figure 'pisswaters' the 'pitcher', and 4th & dumb is the drag queen catcher that takes the golden showers - but they probably switch).

funny thing is, both those queers will STFU on monday - they'll be wiping away each others tears after the jets kick the patriettes* butts.

not to worry - she's just a cheatriettes* troll, and she knows i'm right anyway.

haven't seen her or her other queer buddy 'luke warm pisswater' on TBD for quite a while, and figured we wouldn't unless her team* won*. typical freakin' ne* queer fan*, though - wouldn't have hear a peep if they* lost, but now that the patsies got another 'gift' from the nfl - and the nude gay beaches in P-town are all closed - i expect those 2 fags will be back every now and then (i figure 'pisswaters' the 'pitcher', and 4th & dumb is the drag queen catcher that takes the golden showers - but they probably switch).

funny thing is, both those queers will STFU on monday - they'll be wiping away each others tears after the jets kick the patriettes* butts.

How many lame gay jokes can someone fit into one post? I counted 7 here.

Not once have I posted about the game until now. Not to brag, nothing. I just figured I'd bring some reality into this thread, as it's clearly 10 yards gained on the play.

If the Jets win, I really don't care, as it's only game two, and the Patriots aren't treating it like the Super Bowl as the Jets are.

Take a look at this video. According to the NFL gamebook, the ball was at the Bills' 35-yard line. Now while the ball is rarely ever exactly on the yard line (and it looks like it's snapped at the 36, although centers usually bring the ball closer to them when they snap it), it's within half a yard of the yard line mentioned on either side, i.e. it's between the 35.5 and 34.5 yard line. At :19 Welker catches the ball and the ball is in his arm and clearly down at the 26 yard line. So he's short of the first down, and it said 3rd and 1. Now look at what the ref does at :30. And voila, it's an automatic first down!

Also notice how far behind the LOS LT Matt Light lines-up on the play. Pathetic, but typical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxA95K5gP9s

There's a difference between cheating and making a stupid, pathetic mistake. This was the latter.

There's a difference between cheating and making a stupid, pathetic mistake. This was the latter.

Holding up play by unnecessarily inspecting a ball on a turf field during the two minute drill and getting the spot wrong by an entire yard in the process is likely not a mistake. If it is, it is evidence of incompetence of such magnitude that the official should be relieved.

Even Terico said what a generous spot. I went back to my video and at 2.34, in slow mo it shows Welkers knee down and the ball at the 26 and a half, a 1/2 yard at least from a first down. I'm sure the judges would have said the same.

Would the game have changed? Who knows.

As I stated earlier, how much time would have been consumed if:

A)DJ threw the flag,

B) Ref announces it to the crowd,

C) walks over to the review booth,

D) reviews the play taking time to get yardage and time correct,

E) walks out to midfield and announces to audience the new down,

F) has to reset the sticks and maybe correct the clock.

This breaks the Pats* rhythm, gives the D 1-2 minutes rest and time to regroup and set the D.

Attention to detail and little things like this can mean a win or a loss. BB seldom makes those type errors. Much as I llike DJ as a person, he costs us W's.

There was a point in that game where the refs called a 5 yard penalty against the Buffalo defense. I don't remember the exact moment, but it was 1st and 10 and the ref announced the call and stated that it was an automatic 1st down. On the next play, the ESPN graphics said 1st and 5 and the yellow line was 5 yards down the field. So yeah, that yellow line is always completely accurate. :devil:

I agree with the other forum member in that the yellow line must have been wrong and the Pats did go ten yards. The most important thing to remember here is that if they had not gone 10 yards, Jauron would have been all over it and challenged the spot of the ball. At that critical point in the game these guys check everything and have always been on the ball. :D

Thats one of the best sarcastic posts of all time :devil:

Welker was down with the ball just shy of the 26. When he got up, the ball was just over the 26, which is the original spot (a mistake of a matter of inches). The bozo that picks up the ball to wipe it off puts his right foot next to the ball when he picks it up, but puts it between his feet when he puts it down, adding another half-yard.

Really...that just struck me as too amateurish to be cheating. And the center moves the ball back to the original spot anyway (and is not offsides, either).

How many lame gay jokes can someone fit into one post? I counted 7 here.

Probably wouldn't bother you if you weren't such a flaming NE* queer ersatz sports fan*, so let's make it an even ten...

What's the difference between Barney Frank and a Fenway Frank?

They cum in different buns. :D

What's the difference between Barney Frank and a refrigerator?

A refrigerator doesn't fart when you take the meat out. :D

How do you fit 4 NE* Patriettes* fans* on a bar stool?

Turn it upside-down. :devil:

Not once have I posted about the game until now. Not to brag, nothing. I just figured I'd bring some reality into this thread, as it's clearly 10 yards gained on the play.

Of course you haven't posted anything, and you wouldn't have if the Fagsboro Fops* hadn't been handed a win - you would have kept your mouth shut (at least until your boyfriend showed up) - like the fair-weather NE* fan* you are.

If the Jets win, I really don't care, as it's only game two, and the Patriots aren't treating it like the Super Bowl as the Jets are.

Oh you care, alright. Who you kiddin'?

If your queer team* loses, damned right you'll keep your mouth shut (at least until your boyfriend puts something in it) - but should they* somehow be handed another win, you'll be all over the Jets fan sites like Michael Jackson on Macaulay Culkin.